GreaseSpot Cafe

we only did Baby Speaking in Tongues

God first

Baby Speaking in Tongues

06-07-2007

Beloved friends that were in the Way Ministry cult a controlling church, God loves us all as we sat together as friends.

The tongues of the Way ministry was just baby crying in tongues just like a baby cries to be pick up, to be feed, to be changed , to be comforted, and all the others things that gets a baby to cry.

I say this because when we spoke in tongues it was our fleshly mouth that spoke out to the world and because if a baby cries, then speaks baby talk, then come the one thousand questions and last speaking like we do today.

Speaking in tongues must work the same way. But when in the way we only saw one stage of speaking in tongues the very basic but I say there more to it than what we had within the Way church.

How far did we come when it comes to speaking in tongues I can only guess but I would say we only touch the smallest part of speaking in tongues.

What would I call baby talk I say its when one can cry out like a baby to God in their mind a unknown tongue of the mind while speaking another unknown tongue out loud but I am not sure.

I say the one thousand questions comes when we seem to think about things that seem to come from no where by visions of questions with our inner self.

Then I say the tongues like we talk today is when mysteries seem to run up and down within our inner self.

But if there stages of speaking there would be stages of interpretation of tongues, discerning of spirits, prophecy, working of miracles, gifts of healing, faith, word of knowledge, and word of wisdom.

The stages of interpretation of tongues would begin interpretation of why the baby cries, then interpretation of two tongues at the same time, then answers to the one thousand questions, and understanding of the mysteries revealed.

But I just see this in part because I too have a long way to go when it comes to my tongues growing to the last stage.

Just tell me what you think good or bad.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

SIT as TWI taught it was corrupted. Having experienced the real, I can only say that when that gift becomes part of a persons life experiences it is a profoundly uplifting and changing experience.

As to referring to the manifestation of any of the gifts of the spirit as baby: it is my opinion that all gifts are exactly what is needed and in what measure when they are manifested. Hence to declare that any person so manifesting is doing "baby" manifesting is in fact dengrating the manifestation as presented by the person manifesting.

Then I say the tongues like we talk today is when mysteries seem to run up and down within our inner self.

Roy, I think you have a good point. "Daddy, daddy" is but just a beginning.

And what about the millions of tongues.. have we heard them? Millions of different voices..

and they all may not contain the answer that we seek, but the answer that we need.

That's about the best I have for you tonight friend..

:)

God first

Beloved templelady and Mr. Hammeroni

God loves you two my dear friends

templelady - I would say too "SIT as TWI taught it was corrupted" and I have "experienced the real" too

templelady - "that any person so manifesting is doing "baby" manifesting is in fact dengrating the manifestation as presented by the person manifesting" that is ok you see it like this my friend

Mr. Hammeroni - yes "Daddy, daddy" " is but just a beginning. " yes I see it like that too

Mr. Hammeroni - "That's about the best I have for you tonight friend" your best was great my friend

thank you two

God first

Beloved Bolshevik

God loves you my dear friend

that is ok if its confusing to you because there are seven more that are not SIT or interpretation of SIT

its good to see you here always

thank you

A person can, and is certainly free to give your own opinion on any topic you choose.

However. To say that "we" as in we ALL spoke baby talk when we spoke in tongues (IF we actually did speak in tongues) when we were involved w/TWI is something one person really has no basis to make such a general statement about.

The reality of speaking in tongues is that it is completely between God and the individual - period.

Personal experiences in TWI were so varied from area to area and in era to era. Nobody can actually make a factual statement regarding the general experience people had, especially when it comes to something like speaking in tongues.

That, is my opinion on the matter.

I'm not following the logic here, having a hard time wading through the religious speak to get to something real that makes sense.

God first

Beloved HCW

yes that is ok "That, is my opinion on the matter" my friend

when it comes to truth logic is out the window the way I see it

thank you

Hi Roy.

As MO said, I did have a profound, life changing experience the first time I spoke in tongues. It was only afterwards when I attended a Twig and heard tongues with interpretation that I knew it had a name. I just knew it was another, heavenly language, and it was praise to God.

It was one real thing in my life that will never change.

No one has ever been able to mess that memory up.

God first

Beloved waterbuffalo

my first SIT was a real thing that will never changed too but as I first spoke in tongues to myself while speaking in tongues out loud it was real too and it will never changed either

I am not trying to lessing tongues experience but add stages of experiences to it

No one will ever be able too my either "No one has ever been able to mess that memory up. "

thank you

Having experienced the real...

and Roy

I have "experienced the real" too

So what exactly are you talking about here, Mo and Roy? What is "the real"?? :huh:

God first

Beloved Twinky

Baby crying, and baby talking and the way we talk today are all real just differ levers of how we talk

when I was a child I talk as a child but when I became a man I spoke as a man

1 Cor 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things

just differ levers of growth

the first time I spoke in tongues I was unsure of my self I stop and went like a child trying to learn to walk

I see that there differ stages of growth with the way our spiritual growth changes as they become more like a man

I say but this is just me

tongues as a baby is real

tongues as a child is real

tongues as a teenager is real

tongues as a man is real

but we reach for tongues as Christ does to know as we are known

thank you

hey Roy...as much as this may not feel good to read for some..and may cause certain reactions

i can hold my tongue around the topic no longer...and so truly sorry for the feathers i may ruffle

but i would go as far as to say that whatever the advent of first century tongues was...was NOT what we were taught in PFAL/TWI

and i say this as one who very much still loves to "speak in tongues" like we were taught in PFAL/TWI

and very strongly believes there are/were valid and authentic benefits in our lives to do such a thing

though i think it might be better to call it something like "singing with the mind and voice of an infant"

...which is truly great, healthy, important and all that...cuz we are actually exercising an actual part of the actual body and mind that has been in us since we were born.....and perhaps even a bit before that

but this form of ecstatic prayer and language that was common in all cultures more than a millenia before the infamous pentecost

...during mankind's infantile stage of development (prior to even Abraham)...

it is basically how we learned to speak in the first place as human beings

i would consider this the FIRST angel's tongue ...when children learn to cry and make noise for being hungry and/or uncomfortable and such

this tongue is as red as adam...just barely a notch above critterdom

its how baby birds learn to peep for worms

and sing at the sunrise

and its no wonder to me how so many in our modern mainstream culture would get something out of this way of speaking in tongues

given that we are so disconnected from our earliest human roots as to be almost completely alien to it

and would mistake it for some sort of new advancement in thought and practice...

simply for being new to our experience (new...by way of amnesia)

yep...we are gonna get some nourishment out of what i would consider a "descending move to speak in the tongue of the first angel"

cuz its has been so so many years since we knew that very early place when we first came from the blood red earth and clay

when thinking of how you have presented it here, Roy...i cant help but think of this thread:

how might we play at ways of being angels...

because it seems ever clearer to me that the great occasion that marked a new way of being among those radical spiritual students we are all so fond of

had more to do with INTERFAITH DIALOGUE and the capacity to discuss spirituality in terms of a SPECTRUM ... in terms of both color and sound

why should it seem so strange

that these radical spiritual students who were actually practicing opening their hearts to the most incredible states of compassion

would learn to see truth as it actually exists beyond the racial language of their ancestory

in ways that even recognized similar same truths

and were recognizable as similar truths

in languages from all over the world?

how could one (in a pre-modern era) reach such a point of recognition (beyond language) unless they got beyond the racial limitations of their own tradition?

what exactly was the sin that jesus freed his people from?

did it have to do with the sin of a closed heart?

an inherited position of simply being tribal?

the kind of sin an entire race is also quite innocent of?

and why would this move to being beyond a mere racial understanding of God save a people from their selves?

is it crazy to think that they finally opened their eyes to the fact that the spirituality of Abraham (who was NOT a jew) had influenced traditions all over the world?

and if the same incredible realizations of abraham were evident in all other traditions...certainly jesus recognized it as well (being such a good student of THE master)

why must the sacred texts of our world almost always be limited to some magical mythical supernatural explanation of the extraordinary?

and though i feel i do harp on this topic from time to time

i must confess that this is coming from a place of suffering for me

cuz its not easy to watch (and feel) the world's religions tear each other apart over the most absurd degrees of confusion of tongues

and misapplications of sacred texts and other xenophobic madness that betrays the depth of our own judeo-christian lineages

its not easy to watch people almost endlessly argue over the simplest misunderstandings

sigh

ug

yep...we sure do need a new tongue ...yet again

Edited by sirguessalot

God first

Beloved Todd

we all ruffle feathers at times but that just life

yes this tread "how might we play at ways of being angels" has help me see things I may never look at without it

now because your good loving points so many I just going to say WOW out loud and hope many read your words

thank you

ps let me add to my first part of this tread address to all "all togues were real no matter what lever"

Edited by year2027