Adam & Eve

to the pure all things are pure

you know good and evil is to know the pureness of what constitutes it

good and evil as thought of as two separate things rather then one

perspectives really

what one would call evil another would call good

at it's root it's not good and evil but pureness

what is it about ALL all things-

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Eating of the tree is called a transgression-why was it called that for Adam?

Necessary to bring in Christ the savior, there was no savior with only knowing good and evil.

There is when it is put together with the last Adam.

Obscured and divided by so many.

One may note that man did not have dominion over the spirit of God in Genesis.

Before eating of the tree.

It's a tricky deal to have the dominion and to let at the same time.

A double edged sword dividing the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Which is unseen, invisable and seen only with new eyes.

I am the way, Jesus said.

A flaming sword that turned Every Way.

Christ is that every way, if one looks close enough.

Even those who do not call it Christ have spiritual sight.

Beyond and including what was written for our learning at times.

The times we see, o my God, that's what that it's saying and seeing even more.

And the the old DIES and the new LIVES, in THAT DAY.

Does the heat and light of that flame make some run?

There are also those that turn to look into the eye of the fire, with courage.

To know the unknown and see the unseen that is surely there.

Just as real as Genesis, It is real now, and the vail is no longer needed.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cman you are getting a grasp of the whole picture I think.

Adam and Eve's transgression was necessary for us to come to earth in human bodies. For us to live our lives and remain faithful to God. Sacrifice was instituted so that reparation for sin could be made and Jesus Christ was the ultimate and final sin sacrifice.

well...im back

and it seems to me that God did not consider anything evil

and to eat of the tree of good and evil...was to basically fall asleep and become spiritually unconscious

because prior to nourishing ourselves (eating) on a false system (tree) of duality (good and evil)...EVERYTHING WAS GOOD

God called it all good..which included "the serpent"

sirguessalot, how could you possibly not see the contradiction in your philosophy? If God did not consider anything evil then why would He call a tree "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?" Iniquity is synonym for evil and one will find many references in the Old Testament where this term is used in reference to people and things -- Lucifer himself is said to have been cast out of heaven because of the iniquity that was found in him.

hi Larry

sirguessalot, how could you possibly not see the contradiction in your philosophy?

my guess is that its because we cannot make the same assumptions about many fundamental things

especially as it pertains to the meanings found in words like "Adam," "Eve," "God," "said," "garden," "serpent," "tree," "eat," "evil," "sin," "naked," "Lucifer," etc...

so it seems we may be writing the same language...but from an entirely different tongue

which makes it quite difficult to give an answer the rest of your post

but i do trust you will find your way well enough

maybe someday i'll learn

Where are my manners? Hi back at ya sirguessalot!

hi Larry

my guess is that its because we cannot make the same assumptions about many fundamental things

especially as it pertains to the meanings found in words like "Adam," "Eve," "God," "said," "garden," "serpent," "tree," "eat," "evil," "sin," "naked," "Lucifer," etc...

so it seems we may be writing the same language...but from an entirely different tongue

which makes it quite difficult to give an answer the rest of your post

but i do trust you will find your way well enough

maybe someday i'll learn

I suppose Wittgenstein would have a "field day" with your philosophical logic. :)

Am I correct in assuming that you don't believe the Bible is God's (assuming you believe in the Christian God) communication to mankind? Even if one does not accept that, I would think most would accept that words are used to communicate concepts and usually we don't have that much difficulty agreeing to definition of words. Even when they are re-defined it's not that difficult to discover their etymology.

Edited by Larry N Moore

There are many layers to the definition of many biblical words.

True, but it's not as if we can arbitrarily define them. If we cannot agree to definitions then no communication is possible. We might as well be speaking to a wall whenever we open our mouths.

If there is no such thing as evil then to what would we compare good to? The word becomes meaningless if everything is defined as being good. Would you call the murder of an innocent child good or evil?

God is constantly communicating with people Larry.

It's the Lord's work, so to narrow something down to one definition limits it's potential and energy.

It falls to the ground as dead and remains there till life is breathed into it, giving it new life.

New life new meanings and new thinking.

To try to corner someone into a particular verse that one thinks has only one meaning is narrow minded.

There are more meanings then one, there are many and many applications of such words.

To try to limit God to a definition is like trying to control what he says.

The bible is one source not the all truth.

The Word is Truth, and it's more then the bible can hold.

Edited by cman

Hi again Larry

i must confess how difficult i find it to try and respond to your comments, assumptions, and rhetorical tangents in detail

without merely quadrupling the work of finding those mutual meanings

and given what ive seen from your participation at the GSC since you arrived

you seem to expect others to do your homework for you

not that i couldnt do such a thing for you

...its just that i've got bills to pay...

so please except this frail apology for not being able/willing to apologize to you for my earlier polemic as i wrote that i could/would

maybe someday

lovingly,

Adam and Eve

edited to add: rather than merely leaving...i think i will just try and avoid getting drawn into certain unskilled styles of hypertextual dialogue

perhaps another another thread on language itself would help keep from derailing this one

Edited by sirguessalot

True, but it's not as if we can arbitrarily define them. If we cannot agree to definitions then no communication is possible. We might as well be speaking to a wall whenever we open our mouths.

If there is no such thing as evil then to what would we compare good to? The word becomes meaningless if everything is defined as being good. Would you call the murder of an innocent child good or evil?

Don't sweat it Larry, it is never meaningless. We all get from it what we need. Even in disagreement and contradiction, you have from it what you need, as do I, as does Sir, as does Cman.

Communication can get difficult. It can be difficult not to pick apart words and try to find all their meanings (I get caught up in that a lot). It can be equally difficult not to shut out all meanings and see only black and white, in order to not get lost in the multitude of possibilities.

You miss the point Larry, nevermind. Perhaps another day another time, perhaps not.

As YOU understand it, perhaps I did. Have you so soon forgot what you told me?

We all get from it what we need.

Evil is then an artifact, essentially fictitious, arising from the temporary state of disorder. Reorder the world and evil disappears as though it never was.

If you had a point to make, other than -- Here's a interesting fellow you should read -- then that point I got. My point was -- if this is the sort of crap the man has to offer I'll pass.

No, I wasn't suggesting you read his work, and it is likely you would get little out of it at this time anyway. SHRUG. I was offering a perspective. It is a perspective you cannot or chose not to even attempt to understand. Your loss.

BTW, nice try with the Holocaust remark, but all it did was reiterate that you didn't "get it".

Edited by Abigail

hi Larry...if i may...

wondering : would it help if i asked what you think you have come to understand about perspectives?

and wondering : what kind/type/style (whatever) of format would you want/need (whatever) to contribute what it is you want to seem to want to teach here?

and also wondering : how would you feel about shifting gears and finding ways to ask and answering questions in a spirit of friendship?...for lack of a better term

Edited by sirguessalot

You can't truly reject that which you do not understand, you can only chose to try and understand or continue in ignornace.

Hogwash! Take a simple thing like subjectivism. I don't have to understand it and yet I can reject it because there are other alternatives.

Nevermind.
Whatever.
Accept it, reject it, your choice. We speak different languages I think.

You just got done telling me I can't reject something I do not understand (according to you) and now you think I have a choice. I think you're right about one thing -- we don't speak the same language.

Edited by Larry N Moore