GreaseSpot Cafe

shoutout

coolchef

sorry to be so ignorant but what is shout out??

thanks!

Chatroom thingy for everyone

Kind of like IM.

If you want to "Shout" something to everyone on the board, it's the place to do it.

There's also a complete history of all the shouts. Click the "Shoutbox" link on the main menu at the top (between "Live Chat" and "Calendar").

Currently, only logged in users can see it.

Kind of like IM.

If you want to "Shout" something to everyone on the board, it's the place to do it.

There's also a complete history of all the shouts. Click the "Shoutbox" link on the main menu at the top (between "Live Chat" and "Calendar").

Currently, only logged in users can see it.

Will this be replacing the Chat room - or just adding to it?

It doesn't seem to have the same "flavor" as the chat room - i.e. no sounds, etc. can be there and you can't see who else is in the "room" unless they're typing a shout out, too.

Cool feature - not bad - might be a cool way to invite others into chat or something of the sorts....

Hope it stays a fixture!

I see that but I still don't get it.

I can't listen to or participate in the sunday things you all do, so that's probably part of it too.

Uh, no - two different things.

ShoutOut! is at the TOP of your screen - sroll the window up, look just BELOW the banner ads and you'll see the white letters "ShoutOUt!" with a list of what people have shouted out. Then, there's a two buttons "Smiles" and "BBCode", then a white rectangle (that's where you type your ShoutOut!) and then there's a third button "Shout", and a "-" (minus sign) and a "+" (plus sign.)

This works very similar to the bullitins at MySpace - I know you're familiar with that.