GreaseSpot Cafe

Zero and One in Scriptures

Instead of loading down my liberty topic with numbers I thought I would handle this topic here.

I am still stuck at the zero and one thing I have put days (if not months) of thought into this and I am still just barely scratching the surface on numbers and how they relate to our position and place in God and Christ Jesus.

I have had some interesting breakthroughs.

For instance, there is a big difference between the two phrases "in the beginning" and "at the beginning"...

Where the preposition "in" could represent some time after the beginning where if God had used the words "at the beginning" it would represent that his actions commence at the very instant of the beginning rather than sometime within the beginning but not actually at the beginning.

So to be in the beginning instead of at the beginning would this beginning be considered zero or one?

Is the beginning spoken of in Genesis the beginning or are there two beginnings indicated.

Where zero is the first beginning and one is the second beginning.

Where in one numbering system zero represents a unit where in the other numbering system zero represents emptiness and void...

Try that one on in your mind for a while and see how it fits...

So with two time lines both starting at the same time one starting the count with zero and other other starting the count at one then in order to sync up the two systems we must mentally add or subtract one.

Mt 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Comment: Where when we do our math wrong things are subtracted from us...

Edited by DrWearWord

B e r e i s h i t (I had to put the spaces in or the editors made it read beredang - lol lol)

The Torah's first word, bereidang, is an acronym for B r e is h i t -- "two firsts" (in Hebrew, the second letter of the alphabet, Bet, is also the number "2"). This is to say that the world was created for the sake of two things called "first" (reidang)

- Rashi; Midrash Rabbah

"In the beginning" refers to the beginning of time --the first, indivisible moment, before which time did not exist.

- Soforno

From what I can tell, the most accurate translation into English would be "in the beginning of"

Edited by Abigail

B e r e i s h i t (I had to put the spaces in or the editors made it read beredang - lol lol)

The Torah's first word, bereidang, is an acronym for B r e is h i t -- "two firsts" (in Hebrew, the second letter of the alphabet, Bet, is also the number "2"). This is to say that the world was created for the sake of two things called "first" (reidang)

- Rashi; Midrash Rabbah

"In the beginning" refers to the beginning of time --the first, indivisible moment, before which time did not exist.

- Soforno

From what I can tell, the most accurate translation into English would be "in the beginning of"

Wow that is very interesting Abigail...

At the beginning of the two firsts...

One first is zero and the other first is one. Two measurements or quantization of the same beginning.

One beginning that starts with zero is the silence and the other beginning is the one or the sound (big bang).

These firsts can be counted from either perspective separately or in light of both perspectives simultaneously. The latter represents a third state where both zero and one coexist.

Edited by DrWearWord

• 3 months later...

Philippians 2:6

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Comment:

Christ Jesus is coequal with God (yet he humbled himself to God) and we are joint heirs and coequal with Christ Jesus our brother thus we are all ultimately and humbly "coequal with zero" the creator.

Romans 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Comment:

Peace with God (Peace with zero)

Edited by DrWearWord

OUCH!!

My head hurts!

"Can God make a rock bigger than He can lift?"

"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

My days of looking for secret meanings and hidden codes are far behind me.

If it can't be tied into living the love of God, it probably isn't all that important.

IMO

Edited by waysider

Abigail:

"Two firsts"? I don't get it. Are you saying that the "be" in b e r e s h i t h means "2"? When I look up Genesis 1:1 in blueletterbible.com it lists " r e s h i t h" as the first word (with a slightly different spelling), although when you actually look at the Hebrew letter it is b'r'sh't (no written consonants)

WearWord:

Where did you come up with this? It doesn't seem to be based on anything. The verses that you reference don't seem to fit with what you're talking about, even if you squeeze them.

Interesting how the first word of the bible in the oldest language that we have a text in doesn't have "God" as the first word. I wonder what language Wierwille thought "the original" was in?

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

getting the first and last together could be like 0 & 1

And thought I have one if I have not zero, I am nothing.

1Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Ephesians 3:8

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace [zero/seed] given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches [infinity] of Christ;

Job 1: 20-21

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

Comment:

Plus one minus one? "Naked" as with zero "within".

Edited by DrWearWord

You lost me there wearword....

concerning 0 & 1 anyway

I may have lost everyone here, I have even lost myself... but I think I am on the right track.

I am writing a book about his very subject. (Zero and One as relating to the Holy Spirit)

It is an easy subject to get lost in considering I am already at 12,500 words (In a couple months writing) and I still have many more chapters I want to touch on.

I have carried this logic on through many a scripture and I have only been giving on greasespot a small tip of the olive branch, so to speak.

I have decided to try and put my thought into a long dissertation on the very heart of what I think God is. I may just offer my new book for free as I have done with other books I have written or I may have a download fee attached. So far I am very excited about this book. It seems to be a positive contribution I am making to humanity and I feel good about it. It has even amazed me how zero and one are seen in numerous verses of the scripture as a sort of code that was unspoken but clearly inferred. Especially the rich and pertinent scriptures that reveal much about life, love and the nature of our heavenly Father in grace, they are riddled with often overlooked numerology.

Jesus Christ came was to give us new abundant life now this life Jesus Christ spoke of is a life we know only in part. It is a perfection within that we cannot see. Just as zero is perfection within all numbers that often goes unseen. As knowledge does vanish away and as tongues cease there will be a silence and within this silence shall be everlasting peace and rest with God.

Zero is the only place where all numbers may find rest. Without silence sound would be too much blaring noise and it is the silence in music that gives it expression and its ability to convey vital information to others who also seek the rest found only in zero. Even eternal life can become a weariness even possibly a form of torment that only a return to zero and innocence through God as zero can replenish.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Comment: What is this image represented by? The image of God "zero" and Christ Jesus is the first born of all others created in this same image. Zero bears the nature and characteristics of the gift of zero. Zero the Giver gives zero, that which God is… In this giving of zero we can give zero also. In the giving of zero we are giving a seed that can grow into an infinity of all numbers. Out of the rock (seed/zero) under the temple grows a holy edifice.

You cold use a blog account to record your book or many methods besides publishing a book.

Or a free web site which there are many to choose from.

And there's google docs and spreadsheets also, but that's by e-mail invites.

I think they may be able to be made public like a blog account.

I use google for my blog account.

peace and looking forward to more.