GreaseSpot Cafe

How powerful are those who believe?

Wrds and Wrks and I were talking and she shared this with me

Elisha's bones is I Kings 13:20,21:

Then Elisha died, and they buried him . And the raiding bands from Moab invaded the land in the spring of the year.

So it was, as they were burying a man that suddenly they spied a band of raiders and they put the man in the tomb of Elisha and when the man was let down and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived and stood on his feet.

This is such an odd record, it is difficult to talk about it.

I think when I "walk" for God how does my example affect people? Do I really matter? Christ in me is a big deal to me, but to others? How big is God's spirit in me?

Shifra

Me either, Wrds nand Wrks mentioned it to me.

I went to the healing rooms in ATL and it was started by a guy who would go to the grave site of John G. Lake. He would pray by his grave. I said, "What good does that do?"

She remembered this record. Noit that that is an answer to my question -- but it made both of us think about it. Odd isn't it?

John G Lake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Lake

http://www.healingroomsbham.org/history-of...ling-rooms.html

Cal Pierce, the guy who prayed by the grave of John G. Lake

https://secure.healingrooms.com/index.php?s...696fe31f768432a

Edited by Dot Matrix

I read the record, it is in II Kings, not I Kings, BTW.

It is an odd record. It would be interesting to study in further, but I don't have the time at the moment. I would like to come back to it sometime in the near future though.

Edited by Abigail

I believe this is one of the records that the Roman Catholics use to "justify" (bad word) their collection of relics. There are a few other records, I couldn't tell you where they are right now that document the touching of just a prophets garment healed the person.

I read the record, it is in II Kings, not I Kings, BTW.

It is an odd record. It would be interesting to study in further, but I don't have the time at the moment. I would like to come back to it sometime in the near future though.

Reminds me of the gospel account by that fountain, where supposedly the first person who arrived would get healed.

I know it's been suggested that was an addition- they BELIEVED in that, but it was not a literal account of what happened.

Maybe some digging will show something.

It reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

What that means to me is that God is so much bigger, deeper, wider, far above, and every other comparative and superlative adjective that I can think of that we can't even imagine.

My thought on the record about Elisha's bones is that the Holy Spirit annointing on Elisha was so powerful that power remained resident even in his bones.

It reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare:

What that means to me is that God is so much bigger, deeper, wider, far above, and every other comparative and superlative adjective that I can think of that we can't even imagine.

My thought on the record about Elisha's bones is that the Holy Spirit annointing on Elisha was so powerful that power remained resident even in his bones.

maybe some believe that is true of the pfal series , like the bones ordained of God, the work vpw did may have some power lasting beyond his death.