GreaseSpot Cafe

The Secret to a Holy Life by VP Wierwille

act2

As some of you know, I am listing many of my 'way things' on ebay. I sometimes look thru what I am about to list for ideas on what to put in the description.

Tonite, I was looking at 1988 Way Magazines. On the front inside cover of Jan/Feb, there is a statement, for lack of a better word, on :

The Secret To A Holy Life

The Secret to a holy life is to get your eyes off your own inadequacies and onto the Father and His glory. Our service is first and foremost to God and with God, not always to man.

To walk worthily is to walk with thanksgiving to God. The secret of a holy life is to walk with God first and foremost.

The secret of a holy life is not the labor we do, but just to love Him first and foremost. Then the work we do is not to be well-pleasing to Him, but because we already are.

-Victor Paul Wierwille

HUH????????????!!!!!!!!!! :asdf:

Please somebody explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all you want to do is sell your TWI material why don't you just put a disclaimer on it saying something along the lines of: "Warning! This material (if you're hoodwinked into believing it) will warp your thinking and life. Read it at your own peril." That way, you can have a clear conscience (as you spend your money) for selling something you believe is evil and harmful to people

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liv42DAY

We worked....but somehow he didn't get any holier........ :)

Maybe our believing wasn't big enough... ;)

My jeans got holier...does that count?

I bet they got bigger too... ;)

They only got bigger when I was allowed to eat. In res I was lucky to be a size 3 (they were baggy)

They only got bigger when I was allowed to eat. In res I was lucky to be a size 3 (they were baggy)

I was thinking they got bigger because you lost weight - but you get my drift...

I was thinking they got bigger because you lost weight - but you get my drift...

Yup! They should have issued suspenders to the Way Corps....I can see them now...green and white striped with a pentegon shaped clasp at the ends to hook 'em on your trousers! Oh wouldn't that be just the shizzle of the nizzle? I can see us all starting a fashion trend in the ministry....different colored suspenders to match the nametags and t-shirts and rings and jackets and ????? :blink:

Yup! They should have issued suspenders to the Way Corps....I can see them now...green and white striped with a pentegon shaped clasp at the ends to hook 'em on your trousers! Oh wouldn't that be just the shizzle of the nizzle? I can see us all starting a fashion trend in the ministry....different colored suspenders to match the nametags and t-shirts and rings and jackets and ????? :blink:

Move over J LO... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If all you want to do is sell your TWI material why don't you just put a disclaimer on it saying something along the lines of: "Warning! This material (if you're hoodwinked into believing it) will warp your thinking and life. Read it at your own peril." That way, you can have a clear conscience (as you spend your money) for selling something you believe is evil and harmful to people

I have a clear conscience selling this stuff. It will take the grace of God for the blinders to come off these people just like it took for me. Nothing I can say to them will help UNLESS they ask me why I left. Then I will tell them.

I tried to break this down in as many ways as possible. What VPW said really sounds good but it almost means nothing."

I'm agreeing with you, Dooj. You know, I remember when that article came out and remember reading and rereading it probably 3 or 4 times and still could not make any sense out of it.

Maybe it didn't make sense for the same reason that some (maybe lots) of movies don't make sense anymore? Because they have been edited and parts have been left out!!! In vp's case, the parts left out were in his brain not due to an error in the proofreading dept., imo.

I mean, I remember it sounded like he was talking in circles, and it didn't mean a thing!

Imo, if someone is having that much trouble expressing themselves, then they must not know what they're talking about.

Edited by waterbuffalo

I have a clear conscience selling this stuff. It will take the grace of God for the blinders to come off these people just like it took for me. Nothing I can say to them will help UNLESS they ask me why I left. Then I will tell them.

Oh, I see. Iow -- you're putting a stumbling block in the path of potential brothers and/or sisters under the notion that God will deliver them from it like He did with you. Sorta like testing God. Got it!

Spend that money well. :)

Groucho- Yes He created us unto good works. But that doesn't mean we go though life doing the work that is NOT TO BE well-pleasing to Him, just because we already are. The way I read VPW's statement is that if we just love HIM first, it doesn't matter if we do anything else because we are already well-pleasing. I do believe God should come first. But I don't believe you can do all matter of bad works or no works and still BE well-pleasing.

Edited by Liv42Day

Please somebody explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

My explanation is that VPW had no clue about living a holy life, therefore anything he says about it will be misleading and confusing.

For some great reading on the subject of holiness, why not read some great Christian authors who try to exemplify holiness in their lives? This is a subject that most of us coming out of TWI have no clue on because we were exposed to leaders who rejected holiness.

Here are some suggestions:

The Believer's Secret of Holiness by Andrew Murray

The Holiest of All by Andrew Murray

Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God by Francis Frangipane

I will enjoy spending that money, Larry.

I had been out of twi for 6 YEARS when I found out about waydale. I told my sister that it was a trick of the adversary, blah blah, blah.... Then she had me read what a friend of hers had mailed her. Then I got on waydale and read some, then later Greasespot Cafe.

When I told my sister that it was not only Martindale but Wierwille also who had done horrible things to our sisters-n-Christ, she would not hear it. So I dropped it. One night over coffee, she said, "Well, you know what Dr. Wierwille said, It's the Word, It's the Word, It's the Word". I told her that he may have said it but he didn't LIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ended up talking for a couple of hours. She then told me that someone we knew had told her about VP but she did not believe it. That someone helped prepare her heart for what I told her that nite over coffee.

Larry, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.

As I stated before, if any of these folks asked me why I left, I will tell them...

As your mog said, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still". They have to be ready to listen, until then they can just keep buying and reading my stuff...then they can sell it to someone else..... who can do the same!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, wdsandwrks, why not read a book by a person who actually may understand holiness!!!

Just got home from a nite of bluegrass music live on the Ohio River!!!!!!!!! Loved it.

I will enjoy spending that money, Larry.

Good for you. You could always donate the proceeds to a worthy charity.

<snip>

Larry, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.
That's never been in question.
As I stated before, if any of these folks asked me why I left, I will tell them...

Will you give them a refund if they ask?

As your mog said, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".
Actually, I think it could be said that he plagiarized that saying as well. But I wouldn't want to encourage anyone. ;)
They have to be ready to listen, until then they can just keep buying and reading my stuff...then they can sell it to someone else..... who can do the same!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a mission.

I read it and read it again, too, waterbuffalo. 20 years ago, I guess I read it and thought I wasn't spiritual enough to understand the DEEP meaning of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I hear ya Act2. If we had only KNOWN the depth of the depravity...we wouldn't have been there in the first place. Most of us were there because we wanted to become better, more godly people.

I've always believed that the way pulled some of the best and the brightest young people in our country.

Good for you. You could always donate the proceeds to a worthy charity.

<snip>

That's never been in question.

Will you give them a refund if they ask?

Actually, I think it could be said that he plagiarized that saying as well. But I wouldn't want to encourage anyone. ;)

Sounds like a mission.

Larry, how is it your business what she does with her property. If she sells it, that's her business, isn't it, as well as what she does with the proceeds.

Not intending to hurt your feelings or anything but you're sounding a bit harsh in your comments to Act2. Actually, to dear, wonderful one-of the-most-remarkable-people-in-the-history-of-humanity, Act2.

If I may say so, you sound more like you're the one on a mission to discredit her ideas and intentions. I think she has every right to do as she sees fit with her belongings and does not have to answer to you or anyone else about it.

Edited by waterbuffalo

Thanks, waterbuffalo, for the kind words and coming to my defense. :eusa_clap:

When I first joined Greasespot Cafe, I read and read and read BEFORE I posted. I got a feel for the different types of people, and who I wanted to respond to and who I felt wasn't worth my cyber breath to respond to. Larry, maybe you should do the same. You have no idea what causes I currently donate to or may donate to in the future, but if you had read my posts, you would have the answer without making your snide remarks to me. But judging from your posts to me, I can see that you will be one of the 'not worthy of my cyber breath to respond to' from here on out. Have a great life and stop being so miserable and TRYING to make other people feel as you do.

Larry, how is it your business what she does with her property. If she sells it, that's her business, isn't it, as well as what she does with the proceeds.

Well, when you post on a public discussion board what you're going to do you make it anyone's business. That's why it's called a discussion board. I really don't care what she does, especially when what she does is not in my power to influence.

Well, good, Larry, because it sort of sounded like you did.

You know, I've said some things on this board that have had a cutting edge to them after I went back and thought about it--just because I got caught up in the conversation and it seemed like the perfect answer at the time so I have some penace to do in this area, myself (your monk outfit reminded me of that).

Now, I try to think of how I would speak to someone if he or she were in my living room and I find I no longer have that temptation to speak off the cuff.

Act2, you are certainly welcome, sweetie!