GreaseSpot Cafe

NuMark TT USB Turntable

act2

It says there is an error in the writing process...could not complete....same error I got last nite... I checked for driver updates and I have the latest for my dvd/cd burner.

Any other ideas?

bulwinkl, I may try that but I have installed the program that cman recommended, PLUS I already have Windows Media Player 11 and Real Player. They all say that there is an error in the writing process. (I have tried all three programs.)

I have used CD-RWs and CDs that I bought at Guitar Center Sunday. I changed the speed to 8x because one troubleshooting site I read said to do that if there is a problem.

I have checked my dvd burner for updates and troubleshooting and it says it is working properly.

Any other suggestions????

Does it give you any information as to the write error? Unfortunately I use a different OS having given up on Windows 12 yrs ago. My wife still uses it so I'm somewhat familiar with it. But what messages if any does it give you in the error message?

bulwinkl, I will be away from my home computer till this evening. I will retry it and write down the exact words that it says in the error part and post it. Thanks for your input.

if it's a used erased or formated cd-rw then that could be the problem

try a new cd and see if that works

i have had an error because i had used the cd before

even though it was erased or reformated

if all you have is used ones,

try erasing or reformating the cd on the computer you will use to burn first,

then try it

o and if you want to reinstall your burner

right click My Computer

Properties

Hardware

Find the cd-burner

uninstall it

reboot

and windows will reinstall the cd-burner with the correct drivers

also do windows update

custom scan

download related cd programs

'wdrm enabled' comes to mind......

Good point Danny.

You can use a media player to break them down into tracks also and burn them from there.

Also there are tagging software programs that will tag your files with the correct song title.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Another option would be to convert the files to wmp or mp3 and try burning them.

If it's your cd burner, try to make a cd with a few files.

Here's a link to players and converters-

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/ind...hp?topic=9462.0

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/ind...?action=search2

Also open My Computer.

Go to the cd burner-

right click

properties

and check the recording tab and make sure it's set to record.

Set it at a slower speed if needed to see if that would work.

Edited by cman

Yeah, Rick, they do. I bought mine at Guitar Center for $169. + tax.

It comes with Audacity software. Went together pretty easy with hubby's help.

I have messed with Pinnacle Studios software for videos so I am somewhat familiar with how to edit, etc.

I will be making CD's from my old Way LP's and then selling the LP's on ebay!!!

Sure have brought back some memories listening to those albums.

Edited by act2

• 5 months later...

I know I'm a little late to this, but the quality of the the cd's you're using may be the issue.

When I had a Sony Mini Disc, I was having a similar problem. The fix for it was to use SONY cd's. How strange. :biglaugh: (Or, it just may be my puter didn't like the cd's I was using.....)

Have been on a vinyl-to-cd burning spree the past couple weeks.

Have been blown away by the remarkable quality of recordings, now that everything has been set up

just perfect between my stereo/turntable and computer.

The old 70s Pioneer turntable (vintage 70s, tag sale special) has made a big difference as well.

Wish cd-recorders had been massed-produced along with the players in the the 80s.

Wouldn't have re-purchased&replaced a number of albums commercially-produced on cds over the years.

Act2!!! Guitar Center!!! Hmmm....yeah. :love3:

Okay, about that turntable - How do you like it so far? I've seen that one and thought it looked pretty nifty with the USB hookup. I've got some old albums, including some old Chess and Vee Jay label stuff. I'd like to get it on digital but would like to get it in one fell swoop if I can and be done with it so I don't have to do it over and over.

Hey Dan, what equipment are you using???

socks, at first I was disappointed hearing the sound thru the computer speakers, but when I put a finished CD in my Jag, the sound was awesome. I haven't learned how to separate the tracks yet, though I do know how to add silence to them. I am not doing something right. All in all, I am very pleased.

I started watching my 8-month old nephew 4 days a week now, so I have been preoccupied with him. Plus he spent the nite and this morning with me. I will be returning him to his mommy shortly. He is a sweetie pie.