GreaseSpot Cafe

Lindsay gets one day

rhino

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal Thursday on misdemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges that calls for her to spend one day in jail, serve 10 days of community service and complete a drug treatment program.

She was also placed on 36 months probation, is required to complete an 18-month alcohol education program, pay hundreds of dollars in fines and must complete a three-day county coroner program in which she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers.

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs,"

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal Thursday on misdemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges that calls for her to spend one day in jail, serve 10 days of community service and complete a drug treatment program.

She was also placed on 36 months probation, is required to complete an 18-month alcohol education program, pay hundreds of dollars in fines and must complete a three-day county coroner program in which she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers.

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs,"

I'm supposed to care???

I'm supposed to care???

Hollywood people teach the rest of us how to live ... and instruct us on politics, environmentalism, etc.

So it seemed interesting that her statements seemed to take full responsibility. I'm sure she was coached, but she will visit a morgue and talk to families of victims of drunk drivers. As an actor, she could perhaps at least pretend to show a proper response to people facing such problems.

You're really a caring guy at heart, right Rocky? Don't you care about all those that look to Lindsay types as a role model?

Or maybe it is just part of the latest thing to be cool as a young Hollyweird nut case. Gotta do a little time to have the cool wild chick credentials.

Gee, I'm sorry about her whole freaking ONE day in jail. A guy I know here in town got busted for something similar about 6 months ago. HE got a 6 month sentence, all but 30 day's suspended (he had to do 30 day's). No work release unless he wanted to make that 30 days 90 days. 3 years probation, couple thousand dollars in fines. He was busted for dui, first offense, and posession of less than a gram of coke.

Ah, must be nice to be rich and famous and be able to get away with murder.

Rick

According to Yahoo.com

Nicole Richie was released from jail Thursday after serving 82 minutes of a four-day sentence for driving under the influence of drugs.

The reality show star, who checked into jail in this Los Angeles suburb at 3:15 p.m., was released at 4:37 p.m. "based on her sentence and federal guidelines," Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Maribel Rizo said without elaborating.

According to Yahoo.com

Nicole Richie was released from jail Thursday after serving 82 minutes of a four-day sentence for driving under the influence of drugs.

The reality show star, who checked into jail in this Los Angeles suburb at 3:15 p.m., was released at 4:37 p.m. "based on her sentence and federal guidelines," Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Maribel Rizo said without elaborating.

Well, Ms. Richie is pregnant, don't ya know! Not that that should matter. If the LA county jail could accommodate Paris H, with her "claustrophobia", surely they could keep Richie safe for four days. :rolleyes:

I echo Rocky's comment - I'm supposed to care?

There's waaaayyyyyyy bigger issues in life than some over privileged, over-paid, washed up child star snorting rock and driving tipsy, getting a slap on the wrist.

BFD.

Aren't her 15 minutes of fame up yet?

Good grief...

And I don't see her as a teen roll model - nor do any of the teens I know... she's a joke. A has been. Looking for attention.

but to me it mirrors what is happening in our country as a whole.

why is gangs and drugs and alcohol used to cope with becoming an adult?

I think it is the fact family is is a state of decay beyond what anyone wants to admit.

the famous young stars have been working since a young age. who protected them from what the world offered as far as influence and exposure to what money can bring life?

gangs are a product of seeking a family a group to belong in (much like a cult ) why because mom and dad have to work three jobs to feed them!

babys daddy is now a common term , the divorce rate and bamkruptcy is an all time high.

when no one eles is available to look to for support or help tv becomes the source of education about what is a good standard.

Hollywood people teach the rest of us how to live ... and instruct us on politics, environmentalism, etc.

I KNOW! Doesn't that just make you sick???

BTW, her attorney is a damn good one. A lady attorney. (may I add ;) )So I don't think it's as much of a celeb getting off than a case of who has enough money to hire a better attorney. One other thing I would like to point out. She was not just driving a little drunk, she was spotted driving the wrong way on an entrance ramp to a highway/expressway. Obviously they cannot prove it if the person who called 911 failed to show up in court (paid off perhaps?) but she eventually will kill someone. Just watch and wait.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

..... And? ... So since when were they the authorities that we should listen to? And for those who complain that they aren't, ... well, why are you listening to them in the first place?

Of course these Hollywood spoiled brats think that they are above the rest of us. Of course they think that, in spite of their spoiled, ....y behavior, we should hang on their every word and movement. ... So what?

I agree with ChasUFarley on this one. And I think that when more and more people have a "This is me not caring" attitude towards what the Hollybrats do as our supposed role models, the less and less the importance of their image (and as a result $$$$) will be.

But then again, I don't hold out much hope for that. <_<

I agree with ChasUFarley on this one. And I think that when more and more people have a "This is me not caring" attitude towards what the Hollybrats do as our supposed role models, the less and less the importance of their image (and as a result $$$$) will be.

But then again, I don't hold out much hope for that. <_<

Nor should you...our superficial culture with their minute rice minds have locked into whatever is trendy...for the moment.

Of course, satisfaction can be gained simply by recognizing the obvious and taking a different personal path...the lemings are plentiful and I try not to watch this stuff too close because it's painful, if not funny...

I don't care what Hollywood muckety muck marries who...

I don't care which Hollywood weirdo shaves their head bald..

I don't care if they get a DWI or a DUI...

Sooo.. I don't listen to the news shows about Hollywood and I don't buy magazines with "dirt" on them.

I figure that they don't want to read about my dirty laundry - why should I care about their's.

I've tried to teach my kids the same thing.

Each one teach one... ;)