GreaseSpot Cafe

I am in a Quandry

Priscilla

lol..rascal..

Not unusual for Arkansas to go over a month without rain in the dog days of summer.

Temps over 100 every day, such is August and even into September sometimes.

Sure we all want rain, though I'm in Ohio now. We got one hour of rain this month.

But I've lived through many rainless summers in Arkansas.

So did the Farmers.

Hang in there Tennessee.

Hi Tracy:

It is your old friend Mark here. How is Ted? I will be praying for you guys and the rain in your state, but have you considered posting this in our prayer forum? The people that visit there are very faithful and persistant with their prayer efforts while also being chatitable about the experience. It is a good forum.

Good to hear from you.

One more thing. I recently, wrote up a Christian web site. Check this one out. The biblical teachings page is especially good. I wrote two of the articles and the other three are also quite interesting.

http://www.christianherald.info

All the best Tracy.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Hey Mark!

Good to hear from you! Your site is awesome.

Ted and I are well, and enjoying retirement.

The reason I didn't put this in the prayer room was because I wanted to know if we could pray for rain!

Now I know we can, so that is what i am doing.

Thanks for your insight, and take care.

Tracy

When I thought again of the smallness of things wrought by my prayer the Lord reminded me of Moses.

All the great things he did in the effort to get Pharoah to let Israel go from Egypt were just between him and the Lord -- the frogs the darkness the bugs the river of blood the killing of the firstborn -- no group effort. Just him and God. (To not come under the plague of the killing of the firstborn required people to do God-ordained things, but the plague itself was worked between God and Moses.)

Neither Moses nor God could change the hearts of the people -- those precious chosen people of Israel whose hardhearted stiffneckedness as a whole appears to go on almost unabated despite the miracles Moses did to show God's love and care for them.