GreaseSpot Cafe

What been running in my heart

year2027

God first

What been running in my heart

wrote 09-27-2007

Here I year2027 sat thinking about what Jesus Christ will lead me to write down here and now for you to read, but first God loves us all as does his beloved son.

I begin talking about ego stages of growth or SCTi stages of Ego Development which you can read about on the Internet after a simple search.

Yes this does not sound like it would be from God but understanding growth stages can help us see were we need to changed and growth up spiritually which is just growing to walk bigger in the love of God.

How far mentally have you evolved in your life are you acting like a child or have you grown into a higher lever of love of God.

Otherwise are you like a baby who has learned to cry out to get their wants and needs filled like I want changed, food, or just hold me so I can see.

I do not want to make people mad here but most church people are in the stage just a little above new born baby. Have you not heard we got the truth and others need to come to us for help but that just child like crying.

A older person in the love of God would not worry about the church label but how they can received a new friend who loves God too. Now that all at this moment I want to talk about ego at this point of time.

Right now I want to wait and see if you take this part anywhere while I begin to focus on views of how we look out or in from our inner heart of self.

The first view we all see is I the big I want or I need were we just focus on self . But later in life we begin to see our self as part of a family.

While our life focus around a close family me plus mom and dad, then this family grows as we meet more of our kin.

Later we might see as our school, our church, our town, our city, our state, our country, our world, and maybe our all and all. The bigger we can view things the greater love we can walk in as a child of God can.

Are you limiting your love of God to a group or do you really love all people no matter where they are within the heavens.

Whether they did good in their life or bad, whether they are alive or dead, or whether they are human or animal.

Its like saying are you a me person, a limited us, or a all us that can be put in this group of us. Yes what is your focus?

Now we might look into reading a book called "The Integral Vision" which can help us see how we have to focus our views and showers we sent out to others.

When others see us do they see love in our heart or something that they may not like, like self judgement like them by their beliefs.

But let me say lets walk in love and not worry about which doctrines we agree with each other but lets agree to love each other as Jesus Christ taught.

I know I been talking about subjects that may promote the works of others but that not what I talking about but what I getting at is use what ever means we can use to help us grow in the love of God.

Its like loving our enemy the very person that wants to hurt us we are told by Jesus Christ to love as if our enemy are our brother.

Looking at doctrines of men that could help us understand God’s word can not hurt as long as we kept a open heart to talking to God about what we read praying for Christ to guide our understanding.

Otherwise some outside books can help others may not but the key is to look into our heart to see if it could help us grow more like Christ praying all alone for spiritual understanding.

Its like reading to understand our bodies so we can better pray for healing for a sick person by being more clear and more focus on the need.

This is were I will end thank you for reading, with love and holy kiss blowing your way Roy

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.” (1Jo 3:11-12 AV)

People who are in what you called a child stage of the love of God are "life takers." A child is helpless and cannot take care of himself, much less someone else. The Lord would have us to grow up and no longer be children, so that instead of taking life, we give life.

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.” (1Jo 3:16 AV)

The "inner view" of God's spirit, the Comforter, guides us into this truth, which matches perfectly with the written Word, for it was by this same spirit that John perceived the love of God. The family of God is a family of life-givers -- not thieves or those who take advantage of another. They work with their own hands that they may have to give to those who need. They serve and bless even their enemies. Not many can accept this teaching, and perhaps even fewer can live it.

Edited by anotherDan

This is so timely, Roy. Thank you! :)

This morning traffic was exceptionally congested and crawling along slower than molasses in Antarctica - I was getting frustrated because I still have this way-brain thing about being at least 10 minutes early for everything. Then, just as the car in front of me inched forward this JERKWAD from the middle lane cut me off just to get into the lane that was moving. He didn't even have his blinker on! :realmad:

I was p1$$ed! Steaming! Then, in a rare moment of clarity, I had to laugh because I thought, "he's probably got some kind of neurosis like my way-brained idiot-syncracy." Then I saw that it was a really old guy - probably mid to late 80's. Then I hoped I'd still be driving when I was his age. And, I remember what I learned from one of my - gasp - Pagan friends, "We're all doing the best we can." It wasn't going to do me any good to be mad at the guy - it was ONE CAR - not like that was gonna make me any later to work than I already was (which wasn't late anyway). I thought some more about keeping things in perspective and that it wasn't really all about me, now was it? :biglaugh: Much as I'd like it to be.

And, even if the guy was truly being a jerk (which I don't think he was), he'll get his without my needing to do anything about it. Call it Karma, "what goes around comes around", "whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" or anything else you'd like to - bottom line is, it's not my job.

Does that move me to the "big girl panties" stage?

I get so tired of the "Christians" that I see and hear validating their interpretation of the Bible and criticizing every other view that doesn't agree with theirs. Didn't Jesus say in Luke 9:50 and Mark 9:40 that those who were not against him were for him??

I have found in the spiritual yet non-Christian community the attitude that Jesus talked about. They seem to have reached a higher level of maturity in that they don't criticize any one's belief. The common denominator is the teaching of peace, love and "oneness". They truly emulate the "one body" teaching of Christ. Every person is a unique and vitally important part of the universe and serves a purpose.

Namaste, my friend. :love3:

Edited by Belle

God first

Beloved anotherDan and Belle

God loves you two my dear friends

anotherDan - yes lets be life givers -- I love this statement "They work with their own hands that they may have to give to those who need. They serve and bless even their enemies. Not many can accept this teaching, and perhaps even fewer can live it. " thanks

Belle - your welcome - I love how your stories teach us soo must my friend thaks -- and yes you are in ""big girl panties" stage" now -- yes "higher level of maturity in that they don't criticize any one's belief" -- just think soon we can get our permit to walk in the cloulds maybe it like getting a permit to drive

thank you both

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Great thread, Roy! I look at life as a journey – which means my perspective on things is perpetually changing – similar to how the scenery changes while on a road trip. That doesn’t mean my entire belief system is in a state of flux.

On some things there’s been a major shift in what I believe – on other stuff there’s been a deepening or expansion of an existing belief...I’m still reading A History of God by Karen Armstrong – fascinating book – I really love exploring my own faith and the beliefs of others. I wish I had more time to study philosophy and eastern religions.

Thank You Roy,

This is a Great subject!

Talking about growing up spiritually, as well as mentally and physically. Walking in love and in light and learning how to see with our hearts. Being able to be forbearing and forgiving of one another in love!

Grown up in my humble opinion is caring enough to walk a mile in another's shoes as Belle's example indicates! Being willing and able to go the extra mile to enrich and impact another's life unselfishly and without any other expectations; Just because you see their heart, their life, their struggles, their joys and their challenges! Knowing that reaching out a hand to help or comfort another helps us all! Like the theory in the movie "Pay It Forward"11.gif

1Cr 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Cr 13:2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Cr 13:4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Cr 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1Cr 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1Cr 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Cr 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1Cr 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1Cr 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Cr 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1Cr 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

God first

Beloved T-Bone and RainbowsGirl

God loves you two my dear friends

T-Bone - thanks - I like the way you use the word journey a trip to understand God's heart I get from your words thanks

RainbowsGirl - thanks - I love the movie "Pay It Forward" and I enjoyed Belle's story too and the way you put words like "some times the heart sees more than what is visible to the eye" blesses me alot thanks

thank you both

Roy,

Tell us how to consciously and intentionally move forward. Most of us got stuck in the TWI religious stage for awhile. Then gradually we pulled ourselves out of the muck and began growing again. This was a major feat and was undoubtedly propelled by God Himself, because not only were we locked into a tight group of people, but also we were programmed to reject any other spiritual perspectives! We may have lost some precious time there in the Way, but are making up for it now. God is so good to us! How can we be sure to keep moving toward truth in our connection with Him and each other? I trust your wisdom.

God first

Beloved Shifra

God loves you my dear friend

What a great question you have asked "Tell us how to consciously and intentionally move forward?"

So far I can only partly answer your question but I will try

first of all its not about moving forward or backwards but its about moving by reaching out and in any way we can or just about trying.

its not the road we take but what we do alone the way

consciously has many parts to name a few silence and self-awareness with monents of loudness

intentionally have many paths too they change by our moods or goals

but all that is ok because we are human

but all we can do is consciously mentally because of our deep intentions is to live love by focus on talking to our inner self and get our heart clear and focus on our desires

learn about our interfaith and explore other ideals of spiritual things to kept ourself from walking into another box

yes most of us have begin growing again because we have begin to question, think, and asked while looking for ourself

another great question "How can we be sure to keep moving toward truth in our connection with Him and each other? I trust your wisdom. ?"

bye not being afraid to be wrong nor being afraid of asking the hard questions to each other, God, but mostly ourself

basilly true and lies both move forward but we know one from another by how they make us feel truths makes us feel good like love with trust and peace while a lie makes us feel bad like hate with false power and controle of others

its our Emoticons that guide us

:knuddel::knuddel::knuddel:

how do we feel any given time ?

its ok that we do not feel good all the time because we need both sides to show us the better side

The Way show us truth in a box but Christ shows us truth out in the open

I know I did not give you the best answers but we are growing together and we shall reach them together

thank you

"Conscious has many parts to name a few silence and self-awareness with moments of loudness".

Wow, Roy. Where did you learn this? Certainly not in the Way. Certainly not in most churches. This is the understanding of the more indigenous people. People who are connected to the earth in a spiritual way, and who know how to listen - more than the endless talking that is so common among us Christian types. I think they know God better than we do.

Being quiet is such a key to connecting ... with God, self, people, animals.

The most difficult part of experiencing silence and self awareness is just making the time to do it.

I used to have a hot tub, which was outside. And in the winter with snow all around, I could sit out there in the tub, and watch the stars. If I kept the jets turned off, the deer would come around too. I moved away from that place. Recently, I have been wanting to get another hot tub, but kept telling myself it is just a luxury that I can't really afford. Well, maybe it's not a luxury. Maybe it's my route to a daily quiet time.

God first

Beloved Shifra

God loves you my dear friend

you asked "Wow, Roy. Where did you learn this? Certainly not in the Way. Certainly not in most churches"

out side looking up at stars, people like you and Todd and many others talking pointing me in the right direction

the little things we say help each other see outside this fleshly world

yes a hot tub is not a luxury but a need the way you use it

sounds like a way to get peaceful like meditation.

animals seem to be peaceful like my dads dog lays around very peaceful

i love your hot tub story

hope to hear more stories of how others get peaceful

thank you