GreaseSpot Cafe

New Site Promoting TWI

Oakspear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was "in" there was a periodic cry to "go back to the basics.'

With TWI's obvious dwindling numbers, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some of the old timers were making this same cry now.

That would explain A LOT - including the attempt to look and sound like the choirs of the '50's and '60's.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosie herself hasn't tried to evoke the memory of VPW to keep the older TWI folk sticking around. Of course, with her present significant other being who she is, that would almost demand that LCM's memory be evoked as well.

So much for "old wineskins..." <_< :drink:

I say they drink the wine and discard the skins... :biglaugh:

Well dunno about you lot but I'd think it was a lot more balanced if it had books and music by other than VPW and LCM. Even stuff done by other banned ex TWI (Walter Cummins, for example). And ex-TWI songs like say Acts 29...or anybody.

Obviously still plugging LCM's book - so he's obviously not a "possesso" and his work not banned or burned as so many other people's who have fallen out of favour with TWI. Make of that what you will.

That's without promoting any decent non-Way stuff.

Sad. Can't somebody post a link to GSC on their board?

Just so you know--B*b St*nley of Acts 29 is still active WC and running a branch (I think.) A friend of mine said he was still singing for some of his local events, at least a couple of years ago anyway.

Just saw the "choir" singing. Don't like the conductor(can do a lot better with my training). :unsure: :blink: :huh: :mellow: :wacko: :asdf::redface::realmad::confused::doh: