GreaseSpot Cafe

Your desk

Shellon

My digital camera is out - but I purposely have one of those computer cabinets that I can close when company comes. It just looks like an armoire. It's not too bad... but I'm not a neat freak either.

You were in "lurkdom"??? Where is that? Is it somewhere west of Buffalo?

T-Bone: what is that slice of cheese doing on your computer?

Tonto: are those maps for tracking Word over the USA/Word over the World?

It might be hiding, disguised as a post-it note. :blink: :biglaugh:

All you organized people out there are gonna be sorry when your desk wears out YEARS before mine does, 'cause it doesn't have a protective layer of clutter on top...

That's what I told my boss last time I had one! :biglaugh:

T-Bone --- a word of advice (if I may). ;)

Get rid of the dogs, replace them with cats, and take up the banjo.

There is NOTHING more inviting to a cat, than an open plush-lined banjo case.

Leave it open on the floor, with the banjo on a chair -- and 10 out of 10 times,

the cat will climb into the case, and settle in comfortably for a nap.

Guitar cases work too. Believe me -- this is a Truism.

And I've never seen a cat go for cookies either!! :D

Just my imo. :)

DMiller, sorry I have to take issue with you on a few cat details :biglaugh: . We had a cat for 7 years [while in TWI – had to give her up to go in the Corps :( ]. Though she would occasionally lounge in my bass guitar case – she'd invariably hop into our luggage while we packed for some out of town TWI meeting – why she wanted to go to those boring meetings is beyond me :biglaugh: ! Speaking of desks, we had an oak library desk – my favorite place to study the Bible – and our cat would plop right down on top of my Bible – great bookmark on windy days though…Okay – she wasn't crazy about cookies – I'll give you that – but she loved ice cream – the only way to keep her away from my ice cream was to put it in a ice cream cone. For some reason she was afraid of those.

...T-Bone: what is that slice of cheese doing on your computer?...

<snip>

Tom, that's actually a post-it note from Tonto [Rocky is right], reminding me to put in for vacation days for our daughter's Special Olympics Swim Meet and the GSC BBQ…Now we come to the true confessions part of the show…Why is that note still on my computer about past events?...Basically I am a clutter-bug. I leave stuff sitting around forever. The real reason I use the ottoman as my desk is that it forces me to put up everything when I'm done <_< .

Edited by T-Bone

Rocky, it looks like a mess to me because I see a stack of stuff I still need to take care of (it was spread out over the desk until right before T-Bone took a picture of it). The "to-dos" never end around our place. Other people's messes don't bother me, but my stuff drives me nuts.

My Strange Brother Tom, why yes, it does look like a word-over-the-world map, doesn't it? I don't worry about those things these days...none of those things move me. What moves me is "where do we need to go on vacation next"? (We're still trying to make up for all those wasted vacation weeks spent sweating in an Ohio cornfield).

A telephone book? OH! ...that's right, you live in the Ozarks! (lucky bastage)

Is that a hand crank phone on the wall?

That would explain the fan behind the phone book. One could work up a sweat "speed-dialing" with a hand-crank phone.