GreaseSpot Cafe

Gift Ideas

likeaneagle

Great topic, LAE! :)

I have to bring in a $5 gift for our gift exchange at work and have no idea what to get for that.

We're also struggling on what to get for the department gifts to our Controller and our CFO.

I am giving my mother one month of personal yoga lessons. She is always on the go and hardly ever slows down, yet says she wants to. She works out at the gym, but this will add another element of physical exercise as well as help her get quiet for a little bit each week.

Betty's Attic has a lot of "not your typical" gift ideas.

RR- a stuffed animal that looks like road kill....geeesh! it is unusual...lol

Krys, wait till they get older...4 yrs ago my oldest daughter bought her sister skydiving lessons..I watched both of them fall out of planes at 11000 and 15000 ft...heart attach time!

Belle- Yoga classes, very cool! sounds like mom needs to slow down a bit!

I did a little surfing to see If I could register him for the 2008 Boston Marathon...in order to do this marathon you had to have participated in other biggies and your timing had to be recorded..still looking!

I dont know what I am getting anyone yet this year

Last year I was at an impasse with a friend who had grandchildren. I had no idea what to get her

I finally bought her a 250 foot roll of bubble wrap at a packing supply house. She of course gave me a quizzical look but before you go thinking I am totally weird it worked for what I was thinking....

Now, whenever her grandchildren--ages 3 and 4, are visiting and they get bored she covers the floor with bubble wrap and they love to pop it......they dance on it, roll on it and are otherwise very amused, laughing and toying with it for a good long time and usually asking for more...they took to it--I dont know if it works all the time-but it worked for them.

It wasnt that expensive about $40.00

Go ahead--Pop a few

Edited by mstar1

Found an elegant box with gold, frankincense and myrhh at Christian Book Distributors and also a different one at Elijahlist (The Elijahlist one has god dust for putting in frosting etc. The CBD one has gold flakes in a bottle. A nice gift for someone you think shows Christ's love in the world today.

A note about bubble wrap: it also absobs weight and a piece of it makes a nice seat pad or back pad for people with problems in those area. Again, looks tacky but works.

Eagle I've already told my normal gift recipients not to expect much this year. None of us can afford much since most of us are either in school or just graduated so we are going to do a hand made Xmas this year!

I'm working up a wooden block set for my grandaughter made of oak walnut maple and cherry, lots of different woods involved and I have to say with a coat of oil they look like the best set of *blocks* a kid could have if they wanted a set of wood blocks ;) to play with and pass on to their kids.

I'm finishing an oak cutting board for my daughter n the boys...well I've already spent a dangload of $ on them so this year they get to enjoy the holiday season reflecting ;)

Haven't give a thought to Christmas yet, but like others, we are not able to spend much. I did do a right nice job for my husband's birthday last month. At Costco they had a huge package of about 8 boxes of Swiss Miss hot chocolate mixes, about 4 different flavors. It was less than $10, and since he loves hot chocolate in the winter, he was thrilled. Since I'm diabetic, I don't drink that stuff, so it was all his until the grandson showed up this weekend! :)

WG