GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

Could we have kippers for breakfast

Mummy dear, Mummy dear

Happy birthday to you jbarrax. :offtopic: My best wishes to you.

Now back to the topic @ hand this clue given is that something I would remember from this song say like "Making love in the afternoon with Cecelia up in my bedroom"? would? Just asking!

Because it doesn't sound very familiar!

Thanks Human! :D

Let's see a clue...

Hint #1. Think of the nationality of the terms "kippers" and "Mummy dear". Then think of a different nationality than that one.

Hint #2. One of the words in that line is also in the song title.

Edited by Jbarrax

Once more I'll post the thought behind this thread. It is the responsibility of the poster to come up with a line that can easily be recognized in order to name a song. It was my intetnion to combine nostalgia and songs. Basically have someone think "yeah I remember that" That's all. there was not supposed to be any stumping or posting of lyrics that no one would recognize unless you went to all of your artists concerts. Sorta a low-brow "Name that tune". What you may think is easily recognized, others may not. There are no other rules. It doesn't have to have radio play as "name that tune" does

If you think you have a line from a song that makes it easily recognizable. Then post it once you have answered the previous question. The first post was an example ."There She was just a walking down the street". Easily recognizable for our age group ( those over 45 ). those that choose to participate gives out another line , which should be easily recognizable to your other posters. For instance " Where the whiskey drowns, and beer chases" which might be obscure to people that only listen to Bach or Beethoven (but then they would not be playing this silly game.) It's a light-hearted version of "Name that tune"

That's all

What you may think is easily recognized, others may not.

And this is key. I gather that most of us are in the 40-60 years old range, so songs from the 60's to the 80's will probably be most recognizable. This "handicaps" the 20-30 year olds somewhat, in that songs by Godsmack, Korn, or Rage Against the Machine will get nothing but blank stares from the rest of us. (I couldn't name a single song from those groups, but my kids love them.)

Even within age groups, there are certain "cliques." I'm not a Deadhead. I couldn't give a lyric from one of their songs, though someone else here might sing them in his sleep. The point is to TRY to give a line (ideally, the first) from a song which will give it away to the majority of folks here. More obscure songs should be relegated to "Name That Tune." I suggest that if no one gets your clue within about a day, just post the title and try another (or offer a free post).

George