GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

but why should I care?

This is a clue isn't it WordWolf, but it's not ringing any bells for me yet.  Which line is the one where we are supposed to recognize it from?  You know, "Songs remembered from just one line:"?

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

This is a clue isn't it WordWolf, but it's not ringing any bells for me yet.  Which line is the one where we are supposed to recognize it from?  You know, "Songs remembered from just one line:"?

I've known people that weren't fans of this band, and still knew this song from the first line I posted.  I'm hoping someone can get it in a few hours.  If not, I'll try a different song.

19 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Correct.  The previous song was The Who's "5:15", which I thought was much better known.

I was meaning to ask about the other song.  I happened to listen to "5:15" yesterday.  I don't think I would recognize the song.  I think ~Aerosmith~ ripped off their song in "Dude Looked Like A Lady" didn't they?  Same orchestral riff.

SIMILAR riff, but not identical. I could easily tell them apart by those riffs.  A lot of songs sound a lot like another song, or like another artist's style, but aren't identical.    The band "Texas" did a song that had a moment that sounded like they were going to segue into Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing."  Another band did a song, and, when it aired, both me and the DJ said "That's Billy Idol's "Flesh for Fantasy" being ripped off".   That one might have been intentional.

14 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Satisfaction

Not the first line:

"You know I didn't even know her name
But I was never gonna be the same
What a lady, what a night"

George

"December 1963 (Oh, What a Night)".

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Umm...was my line so easy you didn't have to name the song?  :wave:

George

My post seems to have been eaten by cyberspace!

I had posted the artist with the song,
"Jefferson Airplane" with "WHITE RABBIT."

https://www.cluedupp.com/pages/events-schedule

When I went to play the "Alice in Wonderland" game, I found myself humming "White Rabbit" part of the time. The other part of the time, I was humming "Don't Come Around Here No More."  (If you want to know why, watch the video, then you'll see.) 

(Now, let's see if it saves this time, now that I mentioned the other game.)

11 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

~Joan Jet~  Hit Me With Your Best Shot

A) The title is correct, and that's all this thread needs.

B) Most people remember PAT BENATAR for singing it, but it HAS been covered by Joan Jett (and Kelly Clarkson.)

So, your turn either way.