GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Marrakech Express?

George

Good one George.   I wouldn't have gotten it from that line.

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Misspellings accepted on this one, too:

"John and Mitchy were gettin' kind of itchy just to leave the folk music behind."

George

Your line,  I know it's Mama's and Papa's "and no one's getting fat cept' Mama Cass" but drawing a blank on the title.  Maybe "San Francisco Dreaming" or something?

Edited by Human without the bean

1 hour ago, Rusty Duck said:
Show me 'round your fruit cage, 'cause I will be your honey bee

If you're hopping in here Rusty Duck, a couple things to go over.  First I don't know the song yet. Good song though. Second, clues here are given and once the correct title of the song is given, then the player with the correct answer takes his turn.  And so on and so forth.  I named the last song "Rocket Man" and I hadn't yet given another clue yet.  But, that's fine.  If you want to play, let's say you're up and leave your clue on the board, if you want to.  Just so you know for the next time,  once we post a song, the object then becomes guessing the title and the player getting it right takes the next turn.  You might want to go back to first page of this thread and read some of the first posts too and get familiar.

Edited by Human without the bean

Blake Shelton had a song called "Honey Bee."  (It's on my girlfriend's playlist.)  Is that it?  If so, a couple of things:

I may be the only player here familiar with country songs, so that pretty much eliminates them as "songs remembered from one line."  I tried "The Chair" in "Name That Tune" and got crickets.

Ideally, the song is memorable from the first line.  If the title is in the first line, however, it's perfectly permissible to use another line in the song.  In other words, if this song IS "Honey Bee," those words shouldn't be in the clue.

As Human pointed out, etiquette on all the game threads requires one to correctly guess another's clue before positing one, oneself.  (Unless the previous poster declares a FREE POST, effectively giving up his turn to anyone who wants it.)  Also, googling is not allowed to find an answer, though you can ask friends and family to help.  These games are memory tests, not tests of search engine skills.  It IS acceptable for the one giving a clue to google, in order to ensure that the clue is accurate.  (An exception is in "Triple Movie Links," where one may google after three days, to keep the game moving.

Do not let the preceding paragraph deter you.  We ALWAYS welcome new players to the games.  I hope you stick around (and try some of our other offerings)!

George

Everything they just said was correct. Including Human letting you take his turn- which was a nice thing meant to encourage new players.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the opening line from Peter Gabriel's "SLEDGE HAMMER."   (Once you've seen the video with the dancing chickens, you can't un-see them.)