GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

That's "Super Freak" (Rick James.)

I may not know the name "Johnny Rivers",  but "Secret Agent Man" has appeared in movies in the past 30 years, so it's not impossible for me to guess. (It was in the second "Ace Ventura" movie, when Ace was tailing the cars out in the wild.)  It's also been in a few commercials here and there.  That's not airplay, but it's at least possible to name the song for me.)

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

"You got it", Roy Orbison song.

"You Got It" was one of 2 Traveling Wilburys songs *checks*

was one of the TW songs Roy Orbison sang on before he died. IIRC, he didn't make it through the whole album.  However, he sang on more than 2 songs.  "Handle With Care," "You Got It", "Last Night," "End of the Line", "Dirty World", "Rattled", and "Not Alone Any More."  That's a lot more than 2 songs, which I misremembered from somewhere.   IIRC, 2 were released as singles that charted in the US, which means they got airplay, maybe.  Or something.  

Anyway, I think you're on the wrong thread.

LAST I LOOKED THIS IS THE SONGS REMEMBERED FROM JUST ONE LINE THREAD.   I AM AFRAID YOU ARE MAKING A WRONG ASSUMPTION WORDWOLF AND GEORGE.

You got it, WordWolf, Super Freak is correct.  You're UP.   I'm pretty sure this is the right thread, I don't have Alzheimer's.

44 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

LAST I LOOKED THIS IS THE SONGS REMEMBERED FROM JUST ONE LINE THREAD.   I AM AFRAID YOU ARE MAKING A WRONG ASSUMPTION WORDWOLF AND GEORGE.

You got it, WordWolf, Super Freak is correct.  You're UP.   I'm pretty sure this is the right thread, I don't have Alzheimer's.

Maybe I missed something, but where did your mention of the Orbison song come from?

George

23 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Maybe I missed something, but where did your mention of the Orbison song come from?

It was a reference made from WordWolf's getting the Rick James song correct.  So, "you got it" meant correct WordWolf, and since we were also discussing the clue before that, a Traveling Wilbury's song "Dirty World" I just through it in there I suppose, that "You Got It" also a Roy Orbison song too, which it was, even though other members of the Wilbury's co wrote it but I don't think it was ever released from what I can tell as a Traveling Wilbury's song as WordWord recently posted, but only as a single released posthumously and also on Roy Orbison's 1989 album "Mystery Girl".

Edited by Human without the bean

On 12/3/2023 at 4:00 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

"My child arrived just the other day..."

George

Cats in the Cradle

"Put a candle in the window
But I feel I've got to move"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:34 AM, Human without the bean said:

But I feel I've got to move"

Anyone, anyone,.....the same artist here , also sings my clue in the Name That Tune thread.  But artist not needed in this thread.

On 12/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sorry.  Not coming to me.

George

Maybe it will come to someone else.  I almost didn't put in the second line.  I thought the first line was recognizable enough but decided on another lyric.  Classic American rock n' roll song.  Almost a mantra for the group.

But I feel I've got to move
Though I'm going, going, I'll be coming home soon
Long as I can see the light"      Allow me to place this here for you all  :doh:

14 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Still don't recognize it.  :rolleyes:

George

That's unacceptable George.  You've never heard of "Long as I Can See the Light" before?  If that's true WOW !  ~CCR~

Well, maybe give it a listen and it may come to you.

To be fair, I might have elevated its status a little higher that I should have.  It isn't as well known as "Sweet Hitchhiker" or "Run Through the Jungle" to be sure.

"Well, I just got into town about an hour ago, Took a look around, see which way the wind blow"