GreaseSpot Cafe

Something

likeaneagle

That was so incredible and so moving!!! Thanks

Cowgirl

Just because I have a small "crush" on you being Canadian and all, wanting to go out on a "ride" with you playing some tunes with a bottle of that Canadian club stuff, the old smoked bacon...thought you might like this one too!

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=4262%20

• 3 weeks later...

I have a (lost) friend in this group which is why I sometimes read about it. But it pretty much lines up with a general cult profile. Reject family & friends, integrate into new mindset, refuse to recognize other outside opinions, close doors and say good night! :evildenk: Those that are on the "outside" will never understand!! :biglaugh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1773&ct=5

I have a (lost) friend in this group which is why I sometimes read about it. But it pretty much lines up with a general cult profile. Reject family & friends, integrate into new mindset, refuse to recognize other outside opinions, close doors and say good night! :evildenk: Those that are on the "outside" will never understand!! :biglaugh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1773&ct=5

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, there, Bumpy

Change a few names, toss in some scripture and---------------

"There but for fortune go you and I."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, there, Bumpy

Change a few names, toss in some scripture and---------------

"There but for fortune go you and I."

Hey Waysider, I sent my friend in Glendale, cult HQ for Scientology the same link. This was his response...

All I can say is Scientology is probably the most misunderstood philosophy out there only because people, instead of finding out what it is on the inside, would rather criticize it from the outside. We have alot of powerful enemies: the mainstream media, governments and the entire medical establishment, mainly because we are basically a war with big pharma - and they have big pockets, doling out huge sums to the media, in the form of ad revenues; the govenment, in the form of substantial political contributions; and the medical field in the form of grants. As for psychiatry, well we all know they are nothing but legalized drug pushers for big pharma and that drugs are the only thing that empty science has to offer. I challenge you to actually read the following books: Dianetics, Science of Survival, Self Analysis and the Fundamentals of Though, to name a few, then tell me it's nothing but a "cult". Tom Cruise, in my mind, has great courage to put himself out there knowing he'll be attacked. I say before you criticize him take some time to see what it is he's trying to promote.

I think Tom is being used because he is an actor so they most probably make it very cushy for him to belong.

he helps them. he is famous we like famous people.

Where are the other folks who have dedicated their life and support to this group? behind tom I suppose hahaha

:spy:

Me thinks we already KNOW what he's trying to promote.

Same thing WE were trying to promote(unwittingly) all dressed up in a different suit of clothes.

One thing that really caught my attention was how they target high profile prospects.

It's certainly not a revolutionary concept in the world of advertising.

The Way did this quite a bit in the 1970s as well.

I call it "trophy mentality".

They could probably learn a whole lot more about life by examining the courage of the marathoners in your original post than they could from the rantings of a deceased sci-fi writer.

Hope your friend finds his way out .