GreaseSpot Cafe

GRIEVED BY THE WAY INTERNATIONAL

JeffSjo

I am definitly grieved by attempting to hold on to the grace of God that was in TWI; when I must face what they've become.

I am grieved by TWI when doing so publically associates me with their missdeads.

I am grieved with TWI when I see the scorn of resonable men when they justly wonder why anyone would consider it a Christain organization.

I am grieved with TWI when I see kind and gentle souls who are afraid of saying what they believe publically for fear of mean spirited payback.

I am grieved with TWI when I see people who don't know any better; doubt the grace of God that used to be in TWI because all that they can see is vile manipulation and biblical compromise.

I am grieved with TWI when I think of the people inside of that group who remember the grace of God, that somehow manage to stay involved in spite of the nastiness all around them.

I am grieved with TWI when I think of the old freinds who's commitment to God was broken by their style of leadership.

I am grieved with TWI when I see people who don't have any place better to seek loving fellowship than the internet.

I am grieved with TWI when I must deal with things like rape, molestation, adultery, homosexuality, idolatry, and spiritual abuse when I work at fitting their history under the umbrella of "IT IS WRITTEN." I believe that when HIStory is recorded once and for all there will be many who are openly ahamed in His prescence.

I am grieved with TWI when I see young and tender believers that justly consider it's influence on their lives as predatory instead of helpful.

I am grieved with TWI when I see older and stronger believers who don't know what to do about it.

Romans 8: 14 says "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

I SAY TO TWI " YOU BASTARDS" ( THAT' RIGHT; FATHERLESS CHILDREN")

HEBREWS 10: 26-31

For if we sin willfully after that we have recieved the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation which shall devour the adversaries.

IT IS WRITTEN

1 CORINTHIANS 3:15

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

IT IS WRITTEN

Just to do service to the grace of God that was in TWI I'm asking you to check out where judgement by fire was used before. You then tell me if it's going to be pleasant.

Hi oldiesman,

I really am grieved by all that I've stated. But in spite of my grieved feelings right now I believe it's sound to say that their "walk" doesn't deserve to be likened to a child of God. I also believe that those that are responsible for the state of affairs will be ashamed before Jesus Christ as it says in the epistles, even though they have the spirit as do any of us.

it may be that the wolves who led the sheep astray will cry "lord!" and he'll say "I never knew you". fatherless children, indeed. do you get a chance to confess and be forgiven when you come face to face? according to what I remember of lcm's words, you don't. how can we know that those wolves are God's children, unless everyone in whole world is regardless of religion or lack thereof?

You can tell them by their fruit.

When I look at the wreckage that was the ministry started in the grace of God I see fruit. It's not hypothetical anymore. Just look at the innocent lives that have been ruined.

Innocent lives were ruined...yes.

I think that in our youthful innocence and zeal....we were deceived into serving in a group that was not spiritually wholesom....

The good news is....God is there with open arms when we finally see beyond the deception and lies and are able to break free of the bondage that we unwittingly allowed ourselves to be placed under.

Proverbs talks about *in vain is the snare set in sight of they prey*....meaning that one has to cleverly camouflage the trap... otherwise the intended victim will flee....

I think that the scriptures were the camouflage that hid the deadly snare of twi.

Edited by rascal

I'll share with you how it works for me rascal, I need to hold on to the good stuff. I'm not sure about a lot of specifics as far as how it got so bad in TWI, But I cannot let go of how I work and approach God's word, I learned it in PFAL. I'm still thankful for that, But as I shared; I'm grieved too!

I understand Jeff, (nice to meet you btw) we were taught to hold onto those *good* things.

I found out though, that what I was *holding on to* sometimes was what in reality can holding me back spiritually...shrug.

I know that I had to start over from scratch...from square one so to speak in order to eliminate the harmfull teachings and mindsets that I aquired while involved in twi.

God had to reteach me everything that was of importance. We started with *Is there a God?* followed by could I handle *Love God and love my neighbor* as a starting point.

I needed to be cleansed of the corruption that had infected my thinking.

I too am grieved, btw....

I am grieved for our lost youth and innocence.

I am grieved for the time and money that was taken and used to support evil men who visciously harmed my innocent young sisters and brothers....

I am grieved for the hardness of heart, for the arrogance and condescending behavior that we learned....

I am grieved for my sisters who were raped, my brothers who lost their families, my friends who lost their health...the babies that were aborted to hide the duirty little secrets....

I am grieved for the good that might have been accomplished in this world on God`s behalf, had not our millions of hours of service, our hundreds of millions of dollars donated, our billions of hours of heartfelt prayers been towards a worthier cause....

Yup, I am grieved too.

Hey Rascal,

I'm humbled by a lot of people that I've heard from on this site, and I mean that in a really good way.

I believe all the comfort we need in God's word is contained in our Lord's return. I hope we can find it (The comfort that is.) together.

I've gotta go guys.

GOD BLESS

A lot of this stuff you mention is really sad. I was a lot more naieve when younger, and believed that people in authority had my best interests in mind.

There was an awakening. Now I'm a little more cynical and look at authority for "what's in it for them". God is not mocked though - people reap what they sow.

Chokfull

I know how you feel. To me it's God's grace and mercy that we ever get to see anything good. It is a painful part of life to have to learn how to deal with deception, false motives, and the like. And it's just doesn't seem fair that so many have been hurt in the mean time, but that's how it is.

It gives those of us with experience in it (however painful it was) something to give to others. Wise council

I am grieved:

Because I lost my childhood to TWI.

Because I was taught so many rotten hateful things when I was young.

Because there are still people who aren't in TWI anymore that champion the organization and trample on those who's time there wasn't the best.

Because I lost my friend.

Because I think I might be losing parts of my family becase they are upset about my views about TWI even though I've only told them how I felt just once.

Good for you Nero! You're young and have your whole life ahead. You will make new friends, life will go on, your family will come to terms.

I would imagine you were ready and willing to move on and God has worked in you - he is showing you the TWI rut they are unfortunately stuck in.

Hang in - it will get better.

How's Dad doing?

Edited by Sunesis

Hi nandon,

I have resembled your reaction from time to time, but after further consideration have decided that acting on that kind of impulse would be wrong.

But hey, I understand how you feel.

• 4 weeks later...

I am grieved by the Way International for employing lawyers to sue people over something that has been public domain for nearly two thousand years.

I do NOT want to grieved by TWI for them infringing on free speach. I'll just wait and see.

i think i grieve (the loss of) my childhood the most

then..... that i had such hope for understanding (healing ?)..... getting into the way ministry, a father in the word and all that....

with this past grief, i try and i pray so hard to be a good mommy

(ps. just so you understand, my mom was and is the greatest)

Love hurts, Love scars, Love wounds and marsAny heart not tough or strong enoughTo take a lot of pain, take a lot of painLove is like a cloud, it holds a lot of rainLove hurts, Love hurtsI'm young, I know, But even soI know a thing or two - I learned from youI really learned a lot, really learned a lotLove is like a flame It burns you when it's hotLove hurts, Love hurtsSome fools think of happiness, blissfulness, togethernessSome fools fool themselves, I guessThey're not foolin' meI know it isn't true I know it isn't trueLove is just a lie made to make you blueLove hurts, Love hurts------------