GreaseSpot Cafe

Why are Wierwille's Sins Excuseable and Martindale's Not?

Oakspear

I don't take Wierwille's (or Martindale's) offenses against others personally, but I do take note. For years the only information that I had (or at least the large majority of it)about the first two Presidents of The Way International came from...(*gasp*)the first two Presidents of The Way! And, surprise! I didn't hear anything bad from them about themselves!

Now I can balance that information with first-hand accounts of people who were abused by these two. In addition, I can see for myself the obvious plagarism, the outright lying, and the misrepresentations that both of these guys perpetrated.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ExC:

Well, there are sickos out there who might...it's happened. I don't know why, but some folks have been falsely accused before. Why someone would drag themselves through the mud like that is beyond me, but there have been instances.

Frankly, if it was just one or two I might have retained my own doubts, but there are just too many to be the fantasies of a sick mind out to "get" Wierwille.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

Dot-

I am sorry that the need appeared again for you to post your story again. My apology to you, if I had some effect in causing you more pain.

I know that their were in fact some who sought Way-Corps enrollment to truly better themselves and seek G-d. It just seemed like each time that we were un-fortunate enough to come in contact with a corp person, often they were jerks. Frequently they were not someone whom you would introduce to a 'new' person. They seldom had wisdom or discretion. I apologize for having lumped you into that miserable group earlier. The same goes to anyone else who sought W.C. training for such pure motives, but from reading other posts, I think we should all be able to agree that far too many went into the W.C. who were jerks.

:=)

Lifting a line from Dot's excellent post above:

quote:
Woman confronted VPW all along and either left the ministry or the corps or were slandered by TWI and tossed out.

Folks, this is what VPW did when he was alive to defend himself. The fact that he's not alive to defend himself now doesn't impress me much. This is how he defended himself when he was alive.

Galen

Thank you! I disliked the same corps you disliked I am sure. THOSE type of corps put the good corps through he ll.

I tired to protect those in my fellowship but I was berated often by my corps "leaders".

Just so you know, we did not like them either.

Ex had a VERY sweet fellowship and had to go through hoops to protect her people as well.

Liver - no you are not chopped! Kidding. EX- He is saying that to me because I posted my account again. I am sure he does not think of you or many others as the nasty corps.

Ya know Galen, VPW and LCM loved the very corps types that hurt us on the field.... Some scary truths there!

Dot_Matrix.gif

We posted at the same time. No, he just read what I wrote and commented. He may not even recall you went through similar things. I do not think he is being mean or deliberate in not saying "what you and Dot went through"

Heck, I read things all the time and forget who had what happen to them. I was going to mention Sunesis's great account and Valerie but then I thought it might be Kay... I forget.

I do not think he is slighting you.

Dot_Matrix.gif

Linda

Ex went through similar things as me. It is very painful when people dismiss us as if we sit around making things up to "get" a dead man.

That is ridiculous.

As I said you may want to go back into the archives. She had a painful first hand experience as well. And was an innocent little teenager!

Dot_Matrix.gif