GreaseSpot Cafe

pressed down music

cheranne

Hi there, Frank

Do you think Mike's post was really that far off topic?

I mean, isn't "the accuracy of the God given class called PFAL" at the very heart of every topic anyway?

So, if a thread appears to be about music from the past, do not be so easily deceived; it's really about "the accuracy of the God given class called PFAL".

Likewise, if a thread appears to be about the presidential election, it's really about "the accuracy of the God given class called PFAL".

If a thread appears to be a friendly discussion about the latest episode of a popular TV show, it's really about-----------oh, heck, I think you get the picture.

“Calling all cars! Calling all cars! Topic Derailment underway!” With that the tin voice jumping out of the radio squelches off, tires screech on, and the Topic Police are on the way!

Dum dum dum, da da dumb!

Dum dum dum, da da Daaaaah!

Dum dum da da dumb dumb!

Whenever the laws of any state are broken,

a duly authorized organization swings into action.

It may be called the State Police, State Troopers,

militia, the Rangers, the Highway Patrol,

or the TOPIC POLICE !

“There they are driver, pull over here. Let’s ask some questions,” barks out the Chief. Slamming the brakes into a dusty halt, the officers scramble out and surround the thread, blocking all the exits. The Chief slowly walks right up to the assembled posters.

“Nobody leaves until we get to the bottom of this. Ok, frank123lol, you’re first, because you filed the complaint. What kind of a name is that anyway, huh? No capital “F’ to begin it with? How punk is that? And how am I going to believe anyone with lol in their name?”

The chief laughs out loud at his own lame joke, looking back at his companion officers for support as they sheepishly nod and grin. But frank123lol stands his ground and points to post #23.

“Look, Mike is posting his usual stuff, but the thread is about music. I brought it back. You should be proud of me. I’m helping you do your job.”

Spitting at frank123lol’s feet, the Chief doesn’t like being put in his place so he looks for his next victim. “Ok, Mikey. Let’s hear what you have to say about that post. I’ve got a few seconds to burn before I bust you!”

“But, but...” stammers Mike feigning weakness to placate the Chief. “Golly Chief, I was just responding to previous posting. It looked like it was already derailed into the topics I usually like to reserve for better fitting threads. I’d be happy to help you do your job too. Please, let me ask you for your professional opinion about what happened ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE. This situation started back farther than post #23.”

The Chief spits again and tries to intimidate Mike. “Don’t call me CHIEF! Ok, Rico, let’s look at that page and see if we can round up any more suspects from it. I feel a promotion coming on.”

Some non-posting reader standing nearby quips “But you’re already Chief. How can you be promoted any farther than chief?” The Chief, already caught up in the dialog, totally ignores the non-poster and reads the earlier posting.

“Ok, music, music, music, a little twi bs, music, music, more light ministry bs, ok, ok.”

The Chief tries to spit, but comes up dry. Then his eyes bulge out on post #20. “Hey frank1233lol, why didn’t you call me here at THIS post? Mike was totally on topic in his post #19 and then SKYRIDER brought up the antithesis of Mike’s Topic. It looks like skyrider was trying to goad him into a long harangue on that heavy twi bs when it was pretty confined to music and light bs? I’ve seen this before. It wastes my time and the taxpayers money.”

Da da da DAHHHH

This time the Chief finds spit and it’s a big logey.

Da da da DAHHHH

“Find this skyrider character and book’m.” The Chief turns back to the car in disgust nearly bowling over his two fellow officers. Mike is quietly vowing to never allow himself to be goaded again, frank123lol is asking around if anyone has a capital “F’ he could borrow until payday, and skyrider is “acting natural” with jittery hopes that the Chief doesn’t look back and recognize him... or her...

Dum dum dum, da da dumb!

Dum dum dum, da da Daaaaah!

Dum dum da da dumb dumb!

Whenever the laws of any state are broken,

a duly authorized organization swings into action.

It may be called the State Police, State Troopers,

militia, the Rangers, the Highway Patrol,

or the TOPIC POLICE !

Edited by Mike

THERE IS A RIVER CALLED DENIAL........ANYONE KNOW THAT SONG,SOONER OR LATER THE TRUTH COMES OUT.

I am very happy with how Dr. Wierwille steered me into understanding the scriptures. If it weren't for him I would have no understanding whatsoever. There's no one here who could have commanded my attention, and I doubt if anyone else could have either.

Grads who took Dr's teaching without diligently cross referencing their KJVs and concordances to the best of their own ability often drifted from his teaching's meaning, often far too. This was called re-searching, and I did it.

I never had any problem with being a member in particular, because I re-searched.

I never had any problem with Christ being the head, because I re-searched.

JESUS IS NOT GOD????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

fosista-----HUH????

Hey, Mike

Believe it or not, not every thread is a "platform" from which to extol the virtues of PLAF.

The guy (VeePee) was a drunken sexaholic who didn't give a rat's patootie about "meeting the needs" of anyone but himself.

Not even yours!!!!

He used your ABS to buy himself enough booze to drink himself into a stupor.

Not to further the goal of Word over the World.

Does that surprise you? Does it anger you?

How do you feel about that?

-------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is about the music of pressed down.

If you really feel that you simply must vaunt VPW to a God-like status, feel free to start another thread.

Maybe you could title it:

He Walked On Water( 'cause the "jordan" was frozen)

-----------or------------------------

VeePee, VeePee, VeePee (Sweetest Name I Know)

Mike

I'm sorry if my last post seemed mean hearted.

I have no animosity toward you.

But some day, brother, you are going to have to admit to yourself that the cold hearted phony lied to you just like he lied to all of us.

Stop chasing the "golden pony".

Now matter how many corners you turn, it will alway be beyond reach.

Mike

I'm sorry if my last post seemed mean hearted.

I have no animosity toward you.

But some day, brother, you are going to have to admit to yourself that the cold hearted phony lied to you just like he lied to all of us.

Stop chasing the "golden pony".

Now matter how many corners you turn, it will alway be beyond reach.

waysider,

Thank you. I have no animosity to you either. I know these things get difficult.

I'd like to respond more to your earlier post, and from the animosity free perspective you just provided here.

waysider,

Before I get into your post, I must apologize for something too.

Just now, HOURS after I posted it, I edited my little Highway Patrol play in Post #28

I noticed that there was glaring error in the posted draft. While reading Post #20 the Chief gets his lines wrong, and makes it look like frank123lol was the person he was after. I fixed that.

I don’t like to edit that late after posting. While I was there I did some other minor touch ups too. Sorry if that confuses anyone.

Edited by Mike

1 fosista-----HUH????

Hey, Mike

2 Believe it or not, not every thread is a "platform" from which to extol the virtues of PLAF.

The guy (VeePee) was a 3 drunken sexaholic who 4 didn't give a rat's patootie about "meeting the needs" of anyone but himself.

Not even yours!!!!

5 He used your ABS to buy himself enough booze to drink himself into a stupor.

Not to further the goal of Word over the World.

6 Does that surprise you? Does it anger you?

How do you feel about that?

-------------------------------------------------------------

7 This thread is about the music of pressed down.

8 If you really feel that you simply must vaunt VPW to a God-like status, 9 feel free to start another thread.

Maybe you could title it:

10 He Walked On Water( 'cause the "jordan" was frozen)

-----------or------------------------

11 VeePee, VeePee, VeePee (Sweetest Name I Know)

Hi waysider,

I thank you again for the note of mitigation you sent me after posting this. That was a very decent thing to do. I’d like to return the favor here in the way I approach this. I’d also like to invite you over to the other thread (titled “A note on forgiving”) for when I answer the passage on I Cor 3. It seems the two threads are converging a little.

In your post above I’ve numbered the items to speed things up a bit.

1. The word “fosisticated” is a self-deprecating humor gimmick employing a Spoonerism and a misspelling to mock a lack of sophistication. The misspelling is “sofisticated” and the Spooner rearrangement is the “s” and “f.” And now, class, we see why explaining a joke completely STRIPS it of it’s humor.

2. Yes, I agree. That was the point of my play. I was abiding by the rules until skyrider brought up MY subject.

3. I know that in my old man nature I have often misplaced proper Godly priorities in both of those areas of sex and alcohol, and a few other common things like that. Sometimes, because there were others within my sphere of influence, I hurt them in the process. When I have recognized this I have tried to change it and only found what Paul reports in Romans 7 that he found out about HIS old man nature: it resists change. Luckily for me and the others, my natural human-interaction type powers to hurt them were small, so the damage was usually small. I also found that God was eager to take me back EVERY TIME and give me another chance to walk His Word and bless others with my relatively weak powers. As I learned more Word my ability to bless increased, but the nasty old man nature seemed to never really tame. In life in general I’ve seen that other people who have MUCH greater natural human-interaction type powers than I are capable of blessing them MUCH MORE than I when they walk the Word. But conversely, those SAME more powerfully endowed people are capable, I’ve seen, of hurting MUCH GREATER the people in their sphere of greater influence when they walk in their old man nature. God is also eager to let them try to bless again. I’ve seen in my life I can SOMETIMES go in and out of fellowship several times in one hour. It’s not always like that, but it happens. The more work I take on and the more stress, the more likelihood of a frequent “loosing it,” followed as quickly as possible by snapping back in line with the Word.

4. Of course, when anyone walks in the old man nature it’s as selfish as all get out... get out of fellowship, that is.

5. When I worked on HQ staff I used my salary, ABS money, for “not-the best” purposes at times. This is to be expected from #3 above. But I also put the money to good use too when I walked with God. I also took a cut in salary to work on staff. Plus, there were many times when I worked EXTRA hard to bless the folks on the field. I’m sure these same things all applied to Dr, just crank up the volume for how much he blessed people when he walked the Word, and crank up the volume for how much he hurt people when he walked in his old man nature.

6. No, I’m not surprised. What did surprise me was how many people seemed to worship him back then and didn’t read what the Word said about Dr’s old man nature, that it was as stinky as ours. I’m surprised that people are surprised. We should have expected he had sin. If you were the adversary would you tempt him with stealing nickel candy bars at the dime store, or would you tempt him with thousands of hippie chicks? I’m surprised at how unfosisticated some grads are at these things. He was a man! Back then many grads thought he was super-human and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, he’s not! Oh the pain! So now they rush to the opposite extreme and he’s suddenly sub-human! Get some balance and quit being surprised that Dr had sin. HE TOLD US HE FELL SHORT MANY TIMES. I believed him. If I had only two choices: to interact with religious goodie-goodie or to interact with a real man who struggles with his old man nature like me, I’ll walk away from the goodie-goodie in a heartbeat. I know from God’s Word there ARE no real goodie-goodies, outside of Jesus Christ, just a few religious people who can maintain an illusion walking all the time, but all are burdened with a rotten old man nature. I’m bored silly with that from my RC upbringing.

7. Again, I agree. I also see that there are so many people that are so totally baffled by my stand that they can’t resist bringing up my topics from other threads. You too participated in the derailment with your post, but like I said, this is understandable. I need to point out to you that the topic title went A LITTLE broader than you mention here. It’s titled “ pressed down music, i am a leaf ((NOT))!!!!!” so there the primary topic of Pressed Down music PLUS the secondary topic of the leaf in the tree Pressed Down sang about. I indicated this in my Highway Patrol play with the Chief’s lines where he said: ““Ok, music, music, music, a little twi bs, music, music, more light ministry bs, ok, ok.” I think I stayed in those bounds. I had stated my opinion on the topic's title in Post #19.

8. No, this is not at all accurate. I believe he is in the category not of God nor of Jesus Christ, but much more in the category of Paul or any of the other biblical writers and/or compilers. HOLD THE HOWLS. Remember, I did say “...much more in the category of...” In Dr’s last HQ teaching “The Hope” he said (paraphrasing) he did NOT consider himself in the category of Paul. It’s more that the collaterals are the vaunted thing in my life, not Dr. Wierwille. There were many more people besides his contributions there, so I am well aware that I am respecting Bullinger, Stiles, Leonard, Kenyon as well as Dr in my belief that the collaterals are God-breathed. Why doesn’t anyone accuse me of vaunting them too? Then there’s Dr staff, that he attributed as helping him not only with natural abilities, but spiritual too. That means there were staff members, editors, and even “ghost writers” (some have posted here) that got revelation from God in helping Dr putting together the books and articles that I vaunt. Why am I not accused of vaunting them to god-like status. It’s the end product I vaunt. I wish VPW was the man he knew to be, but he wasn’t, but he did teach that man to me. That man is Jesus Christ.

9. I have started threads. Many. And I tolerated massive derailments of what I tried to say, but I still got to say it.

10. VPW did miraculous things for me and many thousands of grads who do not post here. Many, many of them have told me they choose to focus on the positives they received from Dr and totally avoid this place. Most of them are lacking the time, the fight-energy and the knowledge to come here and take the kinds of things I take. I can take it because I have had ten years to clear up the gaps in my knowledge, remember the things that were forgotten, and move on to the deeper things that the collaterals teach. Most of the grads who are happy with what water walking Dr did for them have never attempted to master the collaterals, so they have not the ammunition to face many posters here. I do. I’m just telling you that there are MANY grads who are happy with their TWI experiences, but the never post or even come here. Dr did walk on water. Did he sink also, yes. He said so. I’m trying to walk on water right now... (blub, blub) It ain’t easy!

11. I was taught more Word by Dr than my RC upbringing ever could teach me, better than any Billy Graham could have ever reached me, to regard the name of Jesus Christ as the sweetest name I know. There’s no way I’d know God or His Son if it weren’t for the class and the support that went with it. Sure I was sidetracked at times, but the teaching was always there in tape and book and magazine form for me to get back on track. There WAS one pure thing in our experience: we saw God! Because we saw God more clearly than anyone since the first century OF COURSE the adversary pulled out all the stops and tried to stop us at every turn. These things take time to sort out, but IT CAN BE DONE.

Edited by Mike

waysider,

Before I get into your post, I must apologize for something too.

Just now, HOURS after I posted it, I edited my little Highway Patrol play in Post #28

I noticed that there was glaring error in the posted draft. While reading Post #20 the Chief gets his lines wrong, and makes it look like frank123lol was the person he was after. I fixed that.

I don’t like to edit that late after posting. While I was there I did some other minor touch ups too. Sorry if that confuses anyone.

Hey -- at least you got there in time to post an edit.

That's still a sore point (with some of us --- myself included),

that there is a time limit on editing. The *popular vote* on the subject was ignored. :(

(Back to topic --- )

We (the branch) of Bloomington Indiana all took a road trip over to NK,

for a SNS back in 1976, or thereabouts. JRR played at that SNS.

They did the *Drop Kick Me Jesus* song.

Never did hear Pressed Down do that one. Wasn't their *style*.

They were more about *folk* harmonies (my imo), and less about instrumental integrity.

JRR was more about instrumental integrity ALONG with harmonies and vocals.

Edited by dmiller

Hey Sprawled out...will you tell him from me too? Please? Tell him that there were folks with whom his music resonated?

He sang at the wow training during break in 85/86 and seemed troubled. It seemed so rude that we were all up and milling around....I always wondered if something was up. I never saw him sing after that.

Didn`t he sing on an old tape called ambassadors? I still have and love dearly. I only play it once in a great while for fear that it will disintegrate.