GreaseSpot Cafe

Dr. Peter Beter Tape

J0nny Ling0

I tried this topic over at the Politics thread, but, it didn't seem to stir up much recollection over there, and I do know that some folks here, rarely go over there. So. Does anybody remember an "advanced class" tape recording of some guy named Dr. Peter Beter (what a name! I'd changed it were I him!) who "exposed" the truth behind the Jonestown massacre, by explaining that those people were really killed by some kind of US operatives in retaliation for the Russians blowing up our American space station on the Moon? If I remember correctly, the Soviets supposedly had some Operation near the Jonestown/Jim Jones compound that needed to be taken out covertly, and so, what better cover than to go in do the deed on the Soviets, and then wipe out the Jim Jones'ers and make it look like a mass suicide? Or something like that.

I know it sounds bizzare, but this is not an LSD flashback. I remember being at Gunnison in 1980 and listening to a tape by Peter Beter with info somewhere along these lines. No doubt I have my details skewed, but does anybody else remember that?

Well.. I did hear the vicster claim "the moon turning into blood" was because secretely, the russians ("reds") were going to put a military base there.

If I remember correctly, the vicster said that the russians had some kind of missle base in guyana, and that OUR people went in, took it out, then staged the Jonestown suicide supposedly to cover their tracks..

God forbid that one should think the mind of leader of a "religious group" just might go a little "wacky"..

from the Wikipdedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Beter

among many of his claims:

Powerful figures such as David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger and Jimmy Carter are dead and that they are actually organic robotoids[
Patty Hearst was kidnapped by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) after the Hearst newspaper chain publicized secret Congressional testimony showing that America's atomic secrets were actually handed over to the Soviets--not stolen by them--even before America's first atomic bomb was finished, and that the Rockefellers were directly involved in this[
That the Jonestown massacre "was staged to "camouflage" the United States’ destruction of a Soviet missile base located in Guyana", which "served as an excuse for a massive influx of U.S. military personnel into Guyana", thus concealing the real count of casualties that resulted from this military operation, which involved a joint force of both U.S. and Israeli forces
That the dangers and hazards of the back-then-secret Particle beam weapons and the secret "air wars"--advanced aerial weapons race--included weapons which had the magnitude to even change the weather, such "races" included both the United States and U.S.S.R.

He seemed to have a pretty good start, being an attourney and all.. presidential advisor of sorts..

maybe he just "went a little funny" in the head..

I remember the name - who wouldn't? I vaguely remember the conspiracy theory around the Jonestown massacre and it having something to do with some international dustup. I sort of filed it away in the same file as the TWI exposing WaterGate and the Pope's aircraft carrier.

Jonestown WAS weird, I'll give you that. Did anyone ever find the leader's body? Had he shot himself or was he MIA? I definitely don't think he drank the Kool-Aid.

WG

About a month ago, I read Deborah Layton's book, Seductive Poison,

in which she chronicles her time in The People's Temple.

According to her, Jim Jones' body was found in the pavilion, but he did not shot himself.

Layton sees this as a cowardly act; that he couldn't do the same thing - drink the cyanide laced Flavor-aide -

that he expected of his followers.

Layton conjectures that it was one of the insiders, I think a girl name Lisa (?),

that shot Jim Jones, then killed herself with cyanide and a gunshot to the head.

Actually, Jonestown wasn't that weird. After reading Layton's book,

I found the similarities between The Peoples Temple and TWI to be quite chilling.

As I remember, Peter Beter's middle initial ("D") was always added by the media and Beter (in campaign ads) when Beter was running for governor here. (I thought Beter ran in several gubernatorial primaries, but the Wikipedia piece indicates a single attempt.)

I didn't know old Weird Willy played stuff by Beter to the Advanced Class (I took the AC only once, in 1975), or that Beter apparently was such an over-the-edge frickin' crackpot -- though Peter D. Beter's alleged charge that the entity presenting itself as "Jimmy Carter" is an organic robotoid might for a while seem to answer more questions than it raises.

Blood on the moon is a type of lunar eclipse, where the moon looks red. It happened about 3 years ago on the night that the Boston Red Sox won the world series for the first time in ages (I'm not kidding)

I think we just had one of those eclipses ...

but in light of peter beter ... it seems you are saying the Red Sox winning was part of a Russian plot ... they are RED sox after all ... it is no big secret they were all Russian agents ... any peterbeter would know that ... :o

Well, glad I don't have to be a peter beater any longer. Glad my Bride and I are still hitched!

I guess it was all part of being "hooked into the Inside Information as far as "What's Goin On" in the "{Real World )" was concerned, "It" being part of our indoctrination program, etc...

And now Peter Beater is dead. Hopefully Boys, that is not the same with you! Haha! ("Make it Live Man, Make it LIVE!")

Edited by Jonny Lingo