GreaseSpot Cafe

vp was essential to a follower’s belief system…

T-Bone

:biglaugh: Glad to see you have a sense of humor, thanks for confirming my impressions…and thanks for all your jam-packed posts - at least we know what’s essential to your belief system. :biglaugh:

What impressions would those be, Tbone??????

I left my stuffed shirt at the cleaners, btw!

The Lord has this unique knack for knocking the stuffing out of someone, too. :dance:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy, you're well within the range of acceptable opinion, so please don't take this as a rebuttal - it's not. I think your points, which are many, deserve some direct feedback -

So those of you that talk Smack about VP,

I'm critical of VP in different ways, because I'm entitled to be. I worked with him, knew him and was trained by him. So my opinions of him, which are both based on common sense as well as biblical tenets and scripture with a range of direct contact with Da Man, are more than idle talk. If you don't like them, stick around. I've yet to write all my thoughts down, I'm sure you'll find some you like.

ask yourself a ?What did you do to contribute,and walk with GOD,

Actually, a lot. What did you do? And exactly when is "did"? Your questions lends to comparison. Jesus taught the first shall be last and the greatest will be the least. I'll leave it to you to pick your place in line.

or are you just a poser who type pretty words that mean nothing?

No, I don't think so. What would I be posing at? Implying I have experience or knowledge I really don't?Nope. How about you? What are your observations based on?

What have you done to make the Word of live in your life?

Quite a bit. In fact I'm going to start selling t-shirts on this site that will have "Socks IS the GREATEST" in time for Christmas this year. They were going to say "I'm the Greatest" but I was afraid people would get mixed up.

What have you done for the family of GOD?

Are you asking rhetorically or do you want an alphabetical list? What have you done? I don't provide private information to strangers and certainly not to someone who isn't in my league, which is in the Top Performers for God's Family, an elite group of people who have done so much, we've actually topped out in the "rewards" category, and we're qualified to distribute Rewards Brownie Chits to others.

WHy the hell are you really so bitter?

I don't know. I think it's from reading Greasespot too much. Now I'm really depressed.

When are you goin to start edifying GOD instead of tearing him down.

see below-

Look at how many of the Ex way leaders have tried to pick up were he left off,and are failing.I've tried to go to some of these Fellowships but they fall so short,and the Heart just isn't there.Maybe I expect to much.

Stop going to exWay leaders and expecting anything. No wonder you're ticked off.

Edited by socks

The best that I know to do is to stay nice and comfy at ground level. It's the smallest fall that I could possibly take at any time.

P.S. I edited in some more serious thoughts for you in my last post T-Bone.

P.P.S. I like your posts BRIDEOFJC, sometimes they're over my head because you speak in the same manner that you were educated in. I don't find you to be on a high horse to speak of, just honest about what you believe to be true and that doesn't intimidate me at all.

Why thank you blessed brother, indeed! Here's another little of my life's background: when my daughter was little and first beginning to converse, even at that time, I refused to speak "down" to her with such things like, "Want some wa-wa?" I always said the correct word and (bragging) even at four years of age, she was using sentences that would be relegated to a third grader etc. I was always the proud Mama when it came to things like that.

Now no one jump on any new hobbie horses, because I'm not saying that anyone here is a child and needs to repeat Mama. But even today, if I read a word that I don't understand, I still take the time to look it up in the dictionary. When I was little, even reading scholastic books that I ordered, if I encountered such things....that's how even at 18, my vocabulary ranked (when tested) at the proficiency level of a post graduate student in their second year. So do the same, is what I recommend, if you read something that I write that you don't understand. The internet makes it so much easier with Wikipedia, et. al.

What impressions would those be, Tbone??????

I left my stuffed shirt at the cleaners, btw!

The Lord has this unique knack for knocking the stuffing out of someone, too. :dance:

For my impressions, review post # 54... vp took a lot of folks to the cleaners, btw…which is why I said what I did in post # 23 – and don’t put a whole lot of stock in folks claiming to hear from God – which brings me back to my post # 1 – believing vp heard from God was the beginning of the spiritual deception.

'socks' wrote 'Mar 24 2008 to RandyHoney. . .

"What have you done to make the Word of live in your life?"

"Quite a bit. In fact I'm going to start selling t-shirts on this site that will have "Socks IS the GREATEST" in time for Christmas this year. They were going to say "I'm the Greatest" but I was afraid people would get mixed up. "

Socks,

LOL, Laugh Out Loud! Laughter is good medicine, but this caught me so off guard I couldn't catch my breath.

I'll admit to being off topic; but when my daughter was little-bitty we used to make up songs for doing some mundane chores.

The one that we sang while getting her dressed for the day went "Uh-oh, what you gonna do about . . . " then adding the

next item of clothing she'd need. But first on the list was ALWAYS "Uh-oh, what you gonna do about socks?"

(because she already had her diaper on). So, for me, Socks ALWAYS comes FIRST!"

wing

ps: I guess that I don't know how tho work the "quotes" thing yet.

...ON A SERIOUS NOTE:

I'm thankful for this thread T-Bone, I've been remembering and rethinking a lot of early days thinking that I did.

If I new then what I knew now I would have put a life or death type of seriousness to proving the promise that God would teach doctor the Word Like it hadn't been known since the first century. It's either all true or all b.s. type thinking as opposed to just believing it without thinking about it more.

There is a lot that I still hold to without hesitation.

Yeah, Jeff – that’s what I was doing in post # 1 – just re-evaluating my experiences and observations. In my opinion, it’s taking a more active role in managing/developing one’s own belief system.

:biglaugh: Right on wing! That's classic. Laundry stories! Off topic, perhaps but still of extreme value, validating once again that I, socks, am bringing true deliverance to this forum. Expect to see some Rewards Chits in your stocking this year. You still have to pay for the T-shirt but I'm sure you won't have a problem with that because y'know, I got time and materials into 'em. The Truth of it comes free though, so not to worry. Plus, the Chits thing. Expect to get some real Chit come December.

Backing away, in all meekness and humility now...

:biglaugh: Right on wing! That's classic. Laundry stories! Off topic, perhaps but still of extreme value, validating once again that I, socks, am bringing true deliverance to this forum. Expect to see some Rewards Chits in your stocking this year. You still have to pay for the T-shirt but I'm sure you won't have a problem with that because y'know, I got time and materials into 'em. The Truth of it comes free though, so not to worry. Plus, the Chits thing. Expect to get some real Chit come December.

Backing away, in all meekness and humility now...

Man, oh, man

What ever became of your idea for The Butt Sock?

(aka-- The BS)

I mean, the market was poised in rabid anticipation and then-------nothing.

Well, who knows, maybe the World just isn't quite ready yet for any BS of that magnitude.

Waysider & Socks, I think we could work a little marketing magic on it...Call it The Essential Butt Sock. It would make people think it's something they can't live without...and would also keep it on topic with this thread.

Oh man! waysider - T-Bone, tell me about it. Not ready, for real. But I like that Essential Butt Sock name, as it speaks to the truth of the B.S. being offered. Great idea! Glad I inspired you to think of it as that will make the trademark and copyright stuff easier for someone else to deal with later.

No Belief System should be without the additional insulation a good set of E.B.S. provides. But alas, production outpaced interest. After some intense market research I came to realize I was ahead of the times, yet again. Nearly all Belief Systems offered in the years 2006/2007 had an over abundance of B.S., a lower grade to be sure, but effective due to the large amounts being delivered. Sales were nil, zippidy, nada. None. No go baby. I got two orders - diddly and squat.

See - it takes 10 times as much L.G.B.S. (lower grade b.s.) to equal one good shot of the Butt Sock. So the market was flooded with counterfeit. B.S. My research showed that the curve will swing up again in about 4 years, so I'm planning a major, MAJOR earth-wide campaign of Real Authentic B.S. in 3 years.

Serious B.S.

So serious, it'll make serious look whimsical.

It ....es me off when people talk smack about VP.Most of them that do a let down because they never but what they'se been taught into action there for they are not true believers.To say that VP was THE true man of GOD in his time is an under statement.

He did move the Word over the world,and opened up the Bible in ways that no one could see.He was the

Martin Luther of his "our" day.

randy, honey, are you being serious?!?

i can't figure out if this is a parody or something....

edited to add:

oh dear, you are serious... :o

but that doesn't mean i'm gonna straddle the fence or mince my words...

personally, i can't find anything good to say about the organization of "the way" (a cult) nor about vpw (a cult leader)...

so i guess i won't say anything at all...

(for now, that is) :)

Edited by jen-o

For my impressions, review post # 54... vp took a lot of folks to the cleaners, btw…which is why I said what I did in post # 23 – and don’t put a whole lot of stock in folks claiming to hear from God – which brings me back to my post # 1 – believing vp heard from God was the beginning of the spiritual deception.

Tbone, that's what the Holy Spirit is for, He reiterates the still small voice of God into your spirit. Apparently, you must be in the evangelical camp and do not believe in

a current living and breathing ability to be able to hear the voice of God. My condolences. You don't have to necessarily run to others to hear the voice of God, it should

be resident within you already.

I can't do anything about your "impressions" of others, I have mine too, as I'm sure we all do concerning other posters.

As far as VP taking folks to the cleaners....financially? Because he stripped them clean of the Lord Jesus? Both? The money is replaceable and thank the wonderful

Lord Jesus, He has more than made up to me the lost years of the canker worm.

That's because we were so young and impressionable and had as of yet to realize that WE ALSO COULD HEAR FROM THE LORD!

Therein lies the difference, I hope you perceive that.

Edited by brideofjc

bride,

you sound a little condescending and "preachy", and i NEVER use that latter term...

you might want to reconsider the tone of your posts...

(because those are 2 qualities in a post that do not make for easy communication)

peace,

jen-o

...I respect people who call it like they see it :dance:

Welcome to Grease Spot, Randy. That's what this website is all about! Grease Spot is all about telling the other side of the story. It's sort of a different twist on TWI's fellowship thing - folks who were [or still are] involved with TWI come together on this website and share their personal experiences, observations and viewpoint of that organization.

The BIG difference here is that at this "fellowship" there are no rules or heavy-handed leadership to enforce the rules that homogenize everyone's thinking – under the guise of "being likeminded" – which [in my humble opinion] is part of the TWI-mindset. A Christian biblical research, teaching & fellowship ministry is TWI's official story. The accounts of sexual molestations & moral depravity by top leadership, abuse of power, betrayals of trust, lies, blame-shifting, hypocrisy, etc. that you can read about here on Grease Spot is the other side of the story – the actual underbelly of TWI.

Of course everyone's experiences, observations and viewpoint are different. Some were never overtly touched by TWI's underbelly – but now enjoy the freedom to analyze the thought processes, doctrines & practices they subscribed to for years. It's all about sorting out everything [the good and the bad] for healing, understanding and growth.

Edited by T-Bone

bride,

you sound a little condescending and "preachy", and i NEVER use that latter term...

you might want to reconsider the tone of your posts...

(because those are 2 qualities in a post that do not make for easy communication)

peace,

jen-o

Preachy????

ME??????

:biglaugh: