GreaseSpot Cafe

New to Greasespot

humblepie

Hello to everyone and thanks to all who welcomed me.

I'm totally new to this site. I took the PFAL class in 1981. Went WOW in 1984-85. Family Way Corps followed in '86, but we left there in March '06.

Upon leaving the FWC and TWI, moved back home to Montana. Had two more children, got dumped by husband, and remarried 10 yrs ago.

Listened to the interview with RD at Greasespot Radio and decided to join up. Don't know how active I'll be here, but this is a big step for me to even post this.

I enjoy the Cafe and reading everyone's opinions as well as the articles on this site. It is kind of bittersweet. As for me, I have not joined or even been to a church and yet I find I truly long for the fellowship of believers.

Thanks again to whomever runs this site and to all who visit here and post their thoughts.

I'm totally new to this site. I took the PFAL class in 1981. Went WOW in 1984-85. Family Way Corps followed in '86, but we left there in March '06.

Upon leaving the FWC and TWI, moved back home to Montana. Had two more children, got dumped by husband, and remarried 10 yrs ago.

Listened to the interview with RD at Greasespot Radio and decided to join up. Don't know how active I'll be here, but this is a big step for me to even post this.

I enjoy the Cafe and reading everyone's opinions as well as the articles on this site. It is kind of bittersweet. As for me, I have not joined or even been to a church and yet I find I truly long for the fellowship of believers.

Thanks again to whomever runs this site and to all who visit here and post their thoughts.

Hello.

When you're posting, the symbols for closing what you want the post to look like have to be at the END of what

you're posting, so you have to move them there.

I moved them there in this quote so you can see what that looks like, and because you wanted your post to look like it.

Edited by WordWolf

Hello, and welcome.

You're welcome to read here all you want, and to post here as you wish.

Please maintain good manners when posting. Most of us try to do the same.

The freedom to disagree makes this a refreshing change from twi and all ex-twi movements I'm familiar with.

The internet allows for a LOT of freedom of speech opportunities that twi survivors may not expect.

The GSC is a logical extension of that. And a place a lot of us are very fond of.

(I'm even free to end sentences with prepositions like that.) :)

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to Grease Spot, Humble Pie! I think many of us here feel that same bittersweet thing. My wife Tonto and I were in Family Corps 11 – we left in 86 too.

Thanks for the Humble Pie clip, Waysider – a great group – saw them with the Cream at Madison Square Garden…ah, those were the days…well, what a coincidence that's a Cream song too!

Oh yeah, right – back to welcoming the other Humble Pie – I can sort of relate to what you were saying about wanting to fellowship with believers. We did some church shopping for awhile – but never joined one. Not saying it's out of the question in the future – so maybe it's just "being held in abeyance" right now :biglaugh: . In a way, Grease Spot has become our cyber fellowship. We're a bunch of homebodies anyway and like the freedom to develop relationships of our choosing.