• I clean everywhere thoroughly once or twice a week
    • I clean everywhere adequately once or twice a week
    • I never pick up
    • My place is a real tip
    • I can?t remember the last time I cleaned thoroughly
    • My maid has gone on strike
    • Immunization required to enter my place
    • I don't care as long as I can find a clean coffee cup

okay okay what does jesus christ have to do with your messy or unmessy house ?
Exactly!

The verse that I heard thrown around was the one in Corinthians about all things being done decent(ly) and in order. First of all, it's talking about speaking in tongues, not your furniture. :asdf:

And even if it was talking about housekeeping, everybody has a different idea of what constitutes "orderly".

Some of the things that I was reproved for in the "decent & orderly" category:

• I re-used my tea bags and kept the bags in a cup on top of the stove after the first use. Leadership thought that the used tea bag was messy
  • Kids had school desks that they did their school work on. We kept the desks in the living room arranged in a manner that we thought was most conducive to multiple children working at different grade levels. Leadership insisted that they be lined up (stringing chairs anyone?)
  • Same desks were used to store pens, pencils, paper etc, hidden from view. Leadership told us that all the pens & pencils should be lined up and pointed the same way
  • Books, including TWI books, on shelves were arranged according to category. For example, all collaterals together, next to PFAL, next to RHST, etc. Leadership thought they should be arranged according to size.
  • Since our living/dining room was also our school room, boxes of books and papers were stacked in corners. Leadership wanted them hidden away.
  • Yada Yada Yada

During one particularly busy time for our branch coordinators, we invited them over for dinner. They had just moved, were running a WayAP class and I forget what else. We thought it would be a nice gesture, freeing them from cooking one night. We weren't pressured or guilted into doing it. We were just being nice. We made no special effort to tidy up the house, just set the food out and fed them. During the whole meal Mr. BC seemed to be simmering with anger over something. is wife seemed perplexed at his attitude, buit didn't say anything. When they were done eating, he abruptly left with Mrs. BC in tow.

The next day I received a call from Mr. BC, asking to meet with us. We agreed to a time and met at our house. When the BC's arrived we were treated to doctrine, reproof and correction on the so-called disorder in our house. When it was done, we were expected to drop everything and start working on it. This was in the middle of a work/school day :o I would say that this incident and its aftermath was what got me thinking seriously that leadership in TWI was just plain nuts.

LCM said that cleanliness IS godliness.

One of the tidiest people I've ever met is my older brother. His apartment is absolutley immaculate. He follows a strict schedule, worhty of nineties way corps.

He is also paranoid schizophrenic, bipolar, and has ocd --and he can tell you quite a bit about his personal aliens.

But is apartment is super tidy.

Yeah, Bramble, LCM did say that. Maybe VP did as well, but I have heard LCM say it.

Oakspear - too much! I guess if you had arranged the books by size that would have been wrong too, shoulda been by category. How rude of the BC to stamp all over your fine Christian courtesy in cooking a meal. Good you put him in the garbage can with the scraps :biglaugh: .

What would Jesus say?

"Hey, you wacky knuckleheads, quit "playing church" and have a little fun in this life."

(I stole the playing church thing from Rev. Tracy, who was once heard to say, "The Way is a like a bunch of kids playing church.")

paraphrased quotes.

Edited by waysider