GreaseSpot Cafe

netflix

coolchef

I have it but my account has been on hold for a few months. Heard a rumor that it will be obsolete in 5 years or so, because all movies will be downloadable in HD through your cable/satellite company. Who knows.

Ummm...this is why Netflix lets you watch those things online, and is working with AT&T (I think it was AT&T) to build a set-top box for your TV to watch Netflix. They're basically leading the way with online movie rentals. The deal Blockbuster had with Enron a few years ago was a bust, but Netflix has a proven model for watching movies online. If you have a new enough TV, you can hook a PC up to it via a monitor cable or HDMI cable, and stream your shows onto there. I do it all the time.

Anyway, if you couldn't guess, I use Netflix too and think it's great, especially since we can't go to the movies with a baby around.

Yes... what I heard was something like in 5 years netflix or a system like it will be available in HD, right from your tv account, you won't need a computer just the cable or satellite or netflix box without having to deal with physical DVD's or computers. Right now I still use the physical DVD's, they are pretty reliable. Sometimes you get a bad one and they are good at replacement.

I have it but my account has been on hold for a few months. Heard a rumor that it will be obsolete in 5 years or so, because all movies will be downloadable in HD through your cable/satellite company. Who knows.

You're sounding like a sattelite repairman trying to fix boken cables you never should have installed in the first place! Nobody here trusts you because you sleep with your Dr. Vic Teddy Bear! :evildenk:

The best you can do is hook up with one of those Russian Babes and hope she can play tennis. :biglaugh:

PS Send me some flowers, I'm not feeling so good. :rolleyes: I'll send you some hot pix of...you know who! :spy:

I got the 8.99 a month deal, one dvd at a time, no limit. Works for me. My biggest gripe is that I'm a HUGE fan of made for tv movies and those are almost impossible to find on VHS or DVD. Also when I was waiting forever for "The Mist" to come out, I put it in my "que" and couldn't figure out why there was a "very long wait" for it. I finally went to my local blockbuster and rented it, it's a blockbuster exclusive I found out. But so far it works for me. Some of the sound quality could be better, but what the heck.