GreaseSpot Cafe

July 20, 1969

krys

Man first walked on the moon!

Where were you when you watched it?

I was sprawled out on my living room floor in heat that was beyond hot (before we air conditioned the ol' homestead) with my mouth agape. What a nite.......

I was in Morehead Kentucky (at the state university there), attending a music camp. :)

A bunch of us there stayed up to listen to the radiio about it.

We were speculating about what the first words from the moon would be.

We got it wrong. :redface:

On the living room floor watching the TV.

I took a black and white picture of the first step on the TV screen, developed and printed it that night and sold it to the community newspaper the next day. They ran it that week with a small story.

We've come so far with other technology but we've not made it back to the moon.

Man first walked on the moon!

Where were you when you watched it?

I was sprawled out on my living room floor in heat that was beyond hot (before we air conditioned the ol' homestead) with my mouth agape. What a nite.......

Had been spending the summer with my dad in Rochester NY... watched it in the living room on the (only) tv (in the house). I was 14... that was 39 years ago...

I was at my parents house watching it on the old Black and White TV, as i remember it started to drag out and some of my friends came over and we went out in the yard and had a game of wiffleball, while my mother chided me because I was missing history!

I saw all the good parts-just didnt hang around for the whole endless time it took for them to get out of the LEM... I came in when Armstrong finally got on the ladder and came down

I remember that I had one of the most vivid dreams of my life the night before that woke me straight up....

in the dream Armstrong went down the ladder as we had seen a thousand times in simulation during the week, he put his foot on the moon soil , looked down and right beside his foot laying on the surface was a Roosevelt DIME!

Strange dream----i still dont know what to make of it--it sure startled me at the time...