GreaseSpot Cafe

What else Is There To Say?

OneWhoIsFree

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focusing on the negatives, both actual and imagined, prevents remembering and seeing the many positives.

This is the essence of free will: it's what we choose to DWELL ON, and to DWELL IN.

By continuing to focus on, repeat, magnify, and even exaggerate the negatives, then the opportunity to see the many positives is lost forever.

Those who choose to live in the negatives long enough cannot even imagine the existence of the positives. This is a more horrible self-imposed limitation than anything that ever happened in twi.

Sorry - just had a chance to read through this and comment. Mike you are presenting a logical inaccuracy here - by saying that bringing up stories of negative things that happened in TWI is "focusing on the negatives", "DWELLING IN , or ON" negatives, repeat, magnify, and exaggerate negatives. You are saying that people who repeat stories of abuse are choosing to live in the negatives to the exclusion of positives.

This is somewhat delusional, and it is very similar to the type of logic you hear from TWI leadership - rather than acknowledge, confront, and change patterns of spiritual abuse, they teach at length a type of "Pollyanna" viewpoint similar to the logic you extoll. This is a classic ploy to shift the attention off of the abuser and on to the abused.

It is similar to attacking a rape victim for going to the police, telling their story, testifying in court, continuing to openly talk about the experience to help others through trauma and take a stand against injustice.

What it does is excuse the leadership who abuse and puts pressure on the abused to "forget about" their treatment and "just focus on the positives".

Here at GS many will refuse to excuse the abusers and focus on the abused. Most of the time this is because the abusers have kept their position, power, and influence, and have continued to abuse going on to other victims. Many want to speak up until these types of people have been removed from the power, position, and influence of being able to abuse more and more people.

And you will not hear people standing for the truth like that in your typical TWI fellowship. You will hear more of your Pollyanna type of thing, where even when very clear examples of abuse locally are in their face, they refuse to address it, talk about it, and move on forgetting about those involved or hurt. You see - it's much easier just not to deal with it under the guise of "not dwelling on negatives".

God doesn't want your sacrifice of "positive attitude". He wants mercy and justice. He stands against those who abuse, and with those who have been abused. He is on the right side of righteousness and justice. Unlike many people in cults.

Great idea OCW!

Here`s a positive thought...God delivered us from that creepy mind numbing, life sucking, soul stealing, family destroying cult founded by a false profit who led tens of thousands of people away from God.

another positive....I humbly thank God for the deliverance from arrogance and the idolatry of twi doctrine, the application of principles and invocations of non existent laws, in the guise of a spiritual walk and life style.

and positive number three....in living through the horrors of cult life, one can much more appreciate the simplicity of God`s goodness. The blessings and accomplishments in our live are more savored and enjoyed.

See, contrary to the assertion... I CAN be *positive* on occasion....

I`ll throw in another for good measure..I am POSITIVE that I wish that I had never heard of twi or been under the influence of it`s evil doctrines :)

Brilliant!!