GreaseSpot Cafe

I find out if I will get to keep my job in the Primary Election

Nottawayfer

For those of you who don't know, I work for our County Assessor. He had an opponent this year who is an extremely disgruntled sociopathic ex employee. The voting ends tonight at 7:00 p.m. We are the same time as the Pacific Coast right now.

The opponent used to make up stupid songs for people's birthdays. He actually made snide remarks about people in our office in them. I decided I am going to sing a song for him on his voicemail after he finds out he's not elected. I decided it will be to the tune of "Breaking Up is Hard To Do." That part of the song was "Becoming Assessor wasn't for you."

Anyone who wants to chime in with some lines would be greatly appreciated. He made comments on his radio ad like he would abolish nepotism and get rid of corrosive ethics. He's really extreme in his allegations. I would like to reflect that in my song.

I have to cook dinner now, but I will be thinking about this for the next hour. I appreciate it if you feel the urge to add something.

Thanks.

Remember when you had a chance

the voters gave you more than a glance

but they got too good a look at you

elected office ain't for you

I think you should try Mickey D's

Or toss some pizzas, give 'em extra cheese

it's noble work, ringing up fast food, but

they say elected office ain't for you

that's what they thought in the voting booth

it's okay, here put on this hat

just learn the phrase, it goes, now would you like some fried with that....

Remember when you had a chance

the voters gave you more than a glance

but they got too good a look at you

I think you should try Mickey D's

Or toss some pizzas, give 'em extra cheese

it's noble work, ringing up fast food, but

they say elected office ain't for you

that's what they thought in the voting booth

it's okay, here put on this hat

just learn the phrase, it goes, now would you like some fried with that....

ROFLMAO!!! Thank you so much Raf!! That was exceedingly abuandantly above what I even expected! This is going to ROCK!!!! :biglaugh:

Raf's was PERFECT! :biglaugh: (except the *fried* instead of *fries* at the end. ;)

Here's another couple of verses (should you wish to add it) -----

Your songs and comments were really snide,

now I bet you wish that you could hide.

I really don't count this as a coup,

elected office ain't for you.

Family and friends will hafta take you in,

Now what do you think of nepotism?

You'll get over being a sociopath,

after you've had a nice warm bath

Your past comments surely stink.

You're really needing that bath I think.

To wash off the filth you've gotten used to,

Good luck Notta!! :evildenk:

Edited by dmiller

Raf's was PERFECT! :biglaugh: (except the *fried* instead of *fries* at the end. ;)

Here's another verse (should you wish to add it) -----

Your songs and comments were really snide,

now I bet you wish that you could hide.

I really don't count this as a coup,

Thanks!! I knew I could count on someone who had talent in this area. You guys are awesome!!!

So far so good. It looks like my boss has 65% of the vote. They will do absentee ballots later this week, but there aren't enough to give the other guy a chance. Right now my boss doesn't want me to sing the song because he's worried about my safety from this wacko. I said OK for now. I told him maybe I could get the local newspaper to print it.

Thanks for your help! It was fun! The words were great for that tune!

For those of you who don't know, I work for our County Assessor. He had an opponent this year who is an extremely disgruntled sociopathic ex employee. The voting ends tonight at 7:00 p.m. We are the same time as the Pacific Coast right now.

The opponent used to make up stupid songs for people's birthdays. He actually made snide remarks about people in our office in them. I decided I am going to sing a song for him on his voicemail after he finds out he's not elected. I decided it will be to the tune of "Breaking Up is Hard To Do." That part of the song was "Becoming Assessor wasn't for you."

Anyone who wants to chime in with some lines would be greatly appreciated. He made comments on his radio ad like he would abolish nepotism and get rid of corrosive ethics. He's really extreme in his allegations. I would like to reflect that in my song.

I have to cook dinner now, but I will be thinking about this for the next hour. I appreciate it if you feel the urge to add something.

Thanks.

Nice idea for your personal mental health... but very much a BAD idea for you to put it on his voice mail at ANY time. VERY BAD idea... WILL cause far more headaches for you and your boss... and could (almost certainly, eventually, if not sooner WOULD) get YOU fired even though your boss is probably going to win...

I STRONGLY advise you to NOT publish or record YOUR voice ANYWHERE at any time with ANY kind of follow up to this. You WILL regret doing so, if you follow through on your idea.

Nice idea for your personal mental health... but very much a BAD idea for you to put it on his voice mail at ANY time. VERY BAD idea... WILL cause far more headaches for you and your boss... and could (almost certainly, eventually, if not sooner WOULD) get YOU fired even though your boss is probably going to win...

I STRONGLY advise you to NOT publish or record YOUR voice ANYWHERE at any time with ANY kind of follow up to this. You WILL regret doing so, if you follow through on your idea.

Rocky is probably right, so I suggest hiring some local derelict who can sing (and promise them a 12-pack of their favorite beer), to sing the words from a pay telephone from a corner somewhere! :evildenk:

Rocky is probably right, so I suggest hiring some local derelict who can sing (and promise them a 12-pack of their favorite beer), to sing the words from a pay telephone from a corner somewhere! :evildenk:

The local morning talk radio station might like the lyrics to have one of their voice talents do the song and bust on this guy, they love that stuff makes for good radio.

Seth