GreaseSpot Cafe

A long way to go

shortfuse

Welcome...

We all had to kind of figure out who we were when we landed from the other planet called Waylandia...you will get to know yourself again...and you will like what you find, forgive what you don't and overall have HOPE again for your life.

It does take time ---

But in the meantime WELCOME and Congratulations on getting out!!!

:eusa_clap:

It is a long road but I think I have come to a point where it really is about the journey. I know, sounds cliche' but it is. Total "recovery" isn't a place or a destination but a process that I think is about learning and unlearning. Isn't that what we all do anyways? As long as it is done in a healthy, non-destructive way, it's all good.

I think the "finding yourself" thing is not really what it sounds like on the surface either. You're still the same person you have always been, smart, funny, caring, concerned, compassionate, can't do a good kick-flip, and that won't change. :biglaugh: It is more about sifting out all those TWI clumps. We can't change the past and we can't change anyone else, but we can learn and unlearn and make ourselves better.

Wish I could be there and we could hang.

:beer: AWESOME!! Congrats, SF! It's not an easy thing to do, but feels oh, so wonderful once that noose comes off.

I agree with Lindy, it is a process and the real "you" is already there, it's learning to think without TWI blinders on and to trust ourselves to make the right decisions for our lives..... allowing that "real you" to flourish and blossom. TWI subjugates that. Therapy, of course, was key in my own recovery, but everyone does not need that.

Glad your here! It took me ten years after I was out of TWI to come to terms with it.

Wish I would have had the support from a place like this. Where else can you find people

with what you've been through?

Therapy helped me too(expensive!)but worth it,if you have the right therapist,my biggest

problem was all the scripture in my head and the feeling of having "betrayed" God and my

calling(with I found was just dumb to even think that)because if God had a calling for us to

follow it would not be under the direction of a liar.

Begin life and enjoy :dance:

Well done, didn't realise you had been an innie.

You've been here long enough to know the kind of things we've had to deal with. You'll probably go through some of it, too. You know you are not alone, what you might feel is actually in the "normal" range.

You are not a grease spot, God will never leave you or forsake you, nor will he beat you up or refuse to listen to you. Maybe you can listen to him a bit better now (LOL).

TWI can only control you to the extent that you let them. No more intimidation from "leadership"=no more control.

Be at peace. There is so much more to life than TWI; in fact, TWI was leeching the life out of you.

You know even though it feels like a long way...at last for me, it was like seeing the sun again for the first time without my "waybrain" filter...and I let my self think about things - question things and argue things and even maybe came back around to the same thoght I originally had,but I went through them more carefully and took time--even weeks, months, years to make decisions that otherwise were "made for me" by Dervig.