GreaseSpot Cafe

LCM's rise and expansion book

potato

I never got far enough along to argue if any point was true or false.. mostly becasue I had this flaw(Acording to one Way Corps Guy I knew) I liked to really look everything up that I heaard and try to see for myself if it was true or not. Silly me! :)
So, what does this mean? That you "looked things up" and didn't find anything to disagree with? What do you mean "you never got far enough along to argue if any point was true or false?

Well I may be in the minority here but for me what attracted me to the Way wasn't Weirwille it was the way people were reading the bible and studying it. IT was the first time I ever felt like the word of God was something I could read and understand and it was exciting to actually find some where that tried to be logical about their study of the word. Okay and let me add here that I took the class in 1979 in Colorado. Also in my WOW Family we didn't just go back over teh stuff from PFAL we would share the stuff we were reading in our Bible too. OF course we were a bit of a renegade WOW family but that is neither here nor there.

I never got far enough along to argue if any point was true or false.. mostly becasue I had this flaw(Acording to one Way Corps Guy I knew) I liked to really look everything up that I heaard and try to see for myself if it was true or not. Silly me! :)

I don't think you were so much different than most here..

I used to look everything up.. I had "fun" with my wow group.. when I could..

now whether it really determined whether it was true or not.. it may have determined or agreed with what was agreed upon at the moment..

I think the experience.. it may have been less scripted than the days in the eighties, nineties.. but it was still scripted nonetheless..

that's what attracted me as well... ME, read and understand the BIBLE?? WOW!

that was the pitch, that was the hook... but it turns out the whole thing was really just about supporting the egos of a few righteous men. it was just a long spiral down to that realization.

• Upvote 1

Manipulation,Pure and simple,Put on The Way International sunglasses,everything becomes rose colored,

ah yes sweet deception,added to the fact I was young impressionable,looking for friendship.....

Lcms book was twi in a nutshell,Pretty blue cover,How to understand the bible,we have the answers,

A semi complicated formula Throw out a few greek words supsema..ect...

When was it written? At the end of Pauls life?Sure could not have been for the "believer"Remember they had all "departed from Paul"what I thought was true may not be,After all you have to see it in the originals,Heck there are no originals!So it is no more than a compiliation of stories,that mysteriously survived for a few hundred years than was copied into adnauseum copies?Putting whoevers copied it ideas into the mix?

Maybe throughout the last 2 centuries there have been lots of wierwilles and lcms around,to twist it the way they wanted it?

Ya gotta take it on faith brother!

• Upvote 1

Well I may be in the minority here but for me what attracted me to the Way wasn't Weirwille it was the way people were reading the bible and studying it. IT was the first time I ever felt like the word of God was something I could read and understand and it was exciting to actually find some where that tried to be logical about their study of the word. Okay and let me add here that I took the class in 1979 in Colorado. Also in my WOW Family we didn't just go back over teh stuff from PFAL we would share the stuff we were reading in our Bible too. OF course we were a bit of a renegade WOW family but that is neither here nor there.

A lot of people started out with that same notion - we are really reading the Bible. Wow! This group has come up with some great stuff and presented it in a way that I've never gotten in a church environment. I really felt I was in more of a give and take environment. That was my hook. I personally never got the whole "Father in the Word" thing; too much like the pope. But I really liked the idea of studying the Bible in depth and discussing what I read. Ironically, the more I studied, the more I realized how many people were restricting their "study" to what happened to be taught in the tapes and discussion was limited to agreement with the teaching or how to practically apply whatever was taught. There was no evaluation of the accuracy, or determining whether some "private interpretation" on the part of the teacher had been used. I remember saying to my husband that I thought we were in a research and teaching ministry, but the lack of independent research and independent thought was unsettling. I thought I was joining a group of believers who were seeking to be smart about the Bible and therefore smart about life, but they really weren't using their heads in many areas of their lives. Ironically, many of those people were being rewarded by leadership and being made leaders, or made to feel important in other ways. Those of us who wished to remain independent were subtly (or not so subtly) told to toe the line, especially once LCM was at the helm.

Once LCM took over, the whole leadership vetting process was a study in what not to do. Unfortunately, every splinter group out there has chosen to emulate LCM's openly yes-man mentality.

• Upvote 1

Having looked at the information we've collected on both men,

I think there's a HUGE difference between vpw's style and lcm's style.

vpw, from the beginning, KNEW he was lying, KNEW he was a fraud.

So, he deliberately started out using DECEPTION as his method to get

people to listen to him, to pay him to teach, to think of him as "The Teacher"

and other things. He knew when to back off and went to lay it on thick-

since it was all illusion and deception.

lcm started out actually wanting answers and wanting to do good.

His time working under vpw was time vpw indoctrinated him with his own

beliefs- the lockbox, the droit de seigneur, and so on. lcm originally

WANTED to do the right thing, but years looking to vpw as the source of

answers, of internalizing vpw's deceptions, warped his method of thinking.

When lcm was in charge, he actually THOUGHT he was doing the right things,

what God was ok with.

lcm was completely in over his head when he actually TRIED to do the right thing.

He had training in the WRONG thing, but thought it was the right thing.

Small wonder, then, that he had some sort of breakdown, and his wife and

Rivenbark ended up running everything and telling him it was all going to be

all right.

Did this work for him? Hardly. He got a neurotic complex about THAT, too.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/editor...vagina-fix.html

"......while at the same time sucking his thumb in a fetal position being told everything will be

alright, just leave it to me. "

lcm's own fears and neuroses writ large.

This is right out of Sigmund Freud's silly "castration anxiety" ideas.

No sensible Psychologist has considered it for the past CENTURY.

As a student who had to hear it in college (he got his Bachelors in Psych),

he heard this.

As a major dipstick, he didn't dismiss it, but actually used it as some sort

of answer for the feelings he had.

(He did reformulate it a bit, since the classic version doesn't support his

ridiculous ideas, but what else is new?)

Besides, at the time he was saying this, he WAS effectively the puppet of

women- Donna and Rosa-lie-- letting them make all the decisions, and

arrange for him to get food and sex- not from either of THEM, of course,

but they arranged for others to provide both. This was lcm's own neuroses

and inadequacies, writ large and extrapolated to refer to ALL men and

women-and not just the dysfunctional ones causing the problem.

(All 3 of them were/are sick, just in different ways, IMHO.)

oh wow, that was incredibly disturbing. I never read that.

it also mirrors to a T what my ex seemed to feel about his relationship with me, and what twi encouraged and groomed him to feel.

wow.

• Upvote 1

I had 2 copies of the book. One I bought at the ROA it was released at and another was one I bought specifically so LCM could sign it. They both have lng since been turned to electricity in the local trash to stem plant.

Seth