GreaseSpot Cafe

WOW Montana

leafytwiglet

I was near the Grand Tetons,next door in Idaho?

Oh we were practically neighbors... did you go over to Seattle when they had the what ever it was... gads the memory goes as i get older... it was some regional thing and there were WOW's all over the place. I didn't make it to the space needle but I did to the Warf.

I remeber our bus stopped in okay I could be wrong about this but either Idaho Falls or pocatello.. ..

When were you there. in Idaho????

Yep. I was in Seattle with you,Pocatello and Idaho Falls,(P^*l V&*^%illo was our fearless leader at

the time)

My wow brother got a big huge speeding ticket in Oregon on the way back to our cocoon in Idaho.

Iwas there in 79-80(worst year of my life!)the nature was beautiful but that was all.)For the life of me

honestly I didn't know why we were sent there!

Did you go to Sun Valley? Nice to meet you now and glad your out of twi :eusa_clap:

Yep. I was in Seattle with you,Pocatello and Idaho Falls,(P^*l V&*^%illo was our fearless leader at

the time)

My wow brother got a big huge speeding ticket in Oregon on the way back to our cocoon in Idaho.

Iwas there in 79-80(worst year of my life!)the nature was beautiful but that was all.)For the life of me

honestly I didn't know why we were sent there!

Did you go to Sun Valley? Nice to meet you now and glad your out of twi :eusa_clap:

I did. IT was beautiful there.

I think Idaho at least on the East side is not a fun place..

Edited by leafytwiglet

Okay More info... Things i remember from my WOW year

Montana is REALLY Cold in the winter

Peanutbutter and Baloney sandwhiches... they actually tasted good but I still remember the very first Bite(Scared)..I think they were Bill Weott's Invention..

Bill Nay and his short shorts!

Debra DeGroot and her naturally Curly Hair... I was so Jealous.

Darryl's Toyota truck which was an amazing vehicle.. IT ran in all kinds of weather.And Runnig with Darryl in 20 below weather. Ouch

David Humphrey's Potato salad... IT had everything but the kitchen sink in it. and it was very very tasty.

The guys lifting weights in some Gym and telling Deb and I Girls were not welcome there... The Noive! :)

The Park in Great Falls which was just down the street from our house

The Mall in Havre...

Not having a McDonalds Hamburger for two years while I lived there(In Montan) except the one at the end of our WOW year purchased for us By Kip Holdren.

The Day Mount Saint Helens Blew up and the next three days of ash raining down on us.

Listening to VPW and LCM on those tapes every Saturday.

Going to Helena every once in a while

Rick's smile and beautiful Blue eyes and curley blond hair.. He never understood how truely adorable he was.

Ray Kyper's Truck. And Ray Long Tall and loved the Cars(Musical Group)

David and his first Moustache. and how he was the youngest and probalby the strongest in the actual word of God verses the word of Wierwille.

Playing Pool and drinking beer.

Wearing Long johns all winter under my clothes and how 30 degrees felt so warm I was in short sleeves that spring.

Trying to spread our pennies around and get the most food for our buck.

Carrying Groceries home with Bill Weott from the grocery store.

Edited by leafytwiglet

I remember the day Mt St. Helens blew up! People were actually getting the ash and

putting it in jars to sell!

I remember plugging in the car so it wouldn't freeze.

I remember putting Cayane pepper in shoes so I wouldn't freeze my feet when I hitch

hiked to my job(to McDonalds)believing for a ride and also NOT to be late(looking forward

to eating food)

In the back of my mind wanting to leave.(especially when listening to SuperTramps-take the long way home)

Two old cars like from the movie Cars(the rusty one that shakes and the van to go with it.

(that would be good to put in a graphic novel!) :thinking:

My wow sisters great sense of humor(she was from Texas too..it's a southern thang! :rolleyes:

Saying no to sex.

Saying no to Mormons(I don't want to be in YOUR Cult)I have my own thanks anyway! :evildenk:

Leafy, those are nice memories!

gc

Thanks I have lots more... I loved being a WOW for the most part but Then I was WOW before teh Ministry got really over bearing at least where I was in MOntana where we were really miles from anyone else.

Was V**k Rud*o in the same city as any of you?

WG

Why does that name seem so familiar he had to be in one of our states... Idaho or Montana...I just can't picture a face with the name.

I think there were like 150 of us in Montana that year maybe more... THere were wow's in Havre, KAlispell, Butte, Helena, Great Falls, Missouls.... I know there were more cities than that.

I remember the day Mt St. Helens blew up! People were actually getting the ash and

putting it in jars to sell!

I remember plugging in the car so it wouldn't freeze.

I remember putting Cayane pepper in shoes so I wouldn't freeze my feet when I hitch

hiked to my job(to McDonalds)believing for a ride and also NOT to be late(looking forward

to eating food)

In the back of my mind wanting to leave.(especially when listening to SuperTramps-take the long way home)

Two old cars like from the movie Cars(the rusty one that shakes and the van to go with it.

(that would be good to put in a graphic novel!) :thinking:

My wow sisters great sense of humor(she was from Texas too..it's a southern thang! :rolleyes:

Saying no to sex.

Saying no to Mormons(I don't want to be in YOUR Cult)I have my own thanks anyway! :evildenk:

OMG the ash it was so choking where we were and it got in everything.... there was piles of it all around and then it rained and it clogged the street drains and flooded.

and the mormons is what I remember about eastern Idaho that was so difficult... THey were very mean .. I have known lots of mormons but the ones ther when we were there cheranne wher not very nice. at least in Twin Falls.

Okay and I did the cayanne thing One time and had to work for too long .. It worked it's way through my socks to my toes which were then in pain and then numb for hours when I finally got home and could wash it all off.

I used to walk to work a lot and people would see me and stop and give me a ride a lot. which was fun as I met so many people that way.

I wish you had been in Montana with me Cheranne you would have loved it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it WG and replied to you too.

My MIL has a ring with a stone(crystal) made from the ash it is really pretty I think she left it to me in the will.

Does anyone know who Becky is She was in Charge of Great Falls, Montana in the early 80's... And No I don't remember her last name I have been trying and it is there, it is just elluding me. I think she was 6th Corps.

I got it WG and replied to you too.

My MIL has a ring with a stone(crystal) made from the ash it is really pretty I think she left it to me in the will.

Does anyone know who Becky is She was in Charge of Great Falls, Montana in the early 80's... And No I don't remember her last name I have been trying and it is there, it is just elluding me. I think she was 6th Corps.

Hello Leafytwiglet.

I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls in the early '80's and I'm sure you are referring to Becky E.

You most likely remember Genine M., Mike K., Mike and Mary B., Lou and Arlene M., Ray K. and others (I won't type out last names for all to see). There were a lot of great hearts there...all of whom I've lost contact with after leaving 'The Way'. I slammed that door hard and had to leave it all behind...unfortunately, for me that menat not even trying to stay connected to people I knew and loved even though I still think of them and pray for them.

Walk This Way

Hello Leafytwiglet.

I was stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls in the early '80's and I'm sure you are referring to Becky E.

You most likely remember Genine M., Mike K., Mike and Mary B., Lou and Arlene M., Ray K. and others (I won't type out last names for all to see). There were a lot of great hearts there...all of whom I've lost contact with after leaving 'The Way'. I slammed that door hard and had to leave it all behind...unfortunately, for me that menat not even trying to stay connected to people I knew and loved even though I still think of them and pray for them.

Walk This Way

Yes.. I remeber all of them

I as in the way home with Ray and Mike and Mary B.

and yes Becky E is who I meant and I do remember Genine

and I think I remember you too if you are who I think you are.

I am so glad you posted on here I sent you a PM so you could know who I am

and Hugs

i understand about the leaving and slamming the door.

Yes.. I remeber all of them

I as in the way home with Ray and Mike and Mary B.

and yes Becky E is who I meant and I do remember Genine

and I think I remember you too if you are who I think you are.

I am so glad you posted on here I sent you a PM so you could know who I am

and Hugs

i understand about the leaving and slamming the door.

Thanks for the PM. A lot of good memories from Great Falls!

My husband was a wow in '79-'80 in Kalispell(my home town) and Billings,where I went to college. I took PFAL that summer. I have fond memories of that time, they were a great group of people.

Bramble My hubby was one of the Corp wow's in Kalispell that year... Our Hubby's know each other.

My husband was a wow in '79-'80 in Kalispell(my home town) and Billings,where I went to college. I took PFAL that summer. I have fond memories of that time, they were a great group of people.

One of the ladies I knew in Great Falls was from Kalispell. A group of us went to her folks place on Flathead Lake for a couple of days at Christmas time - 1981. We had a blast!

One of the things that I remember...aside from how beautiful the place was.. is the weather. It was winter time time and cold of course, but we were looking forward to spending some time on the lake the next day. Her mom mentioned that the weather wouldn't allow for it but it turned out to be a wonderfully warm day!

We were out in the row boat quite a bit in short sleeves and smiles even though we saw other boaters bundled in their parkas...it was amazing!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My info is old, but arounf 1997 or so hubby and I were counseled NOT to move back to Montana, it was 'spiritually dark.' As in no TWI believers.

I'm sure there are Way-like believer there in offshoot minitries, but hubby and I are not involved w/them.

leafytwiglit, I'll bet our husbands do know each other. The wows he was with were goof folk. Hope they are all doing well. fre8 La8o is still IN I think. my husband was the BIG GUY.

So many of the people I knew back in the early days were such neat people, sincere, kind, brave... No wonder we all got involved in TWI--there were super people to enjoy life with. Too bad it didn't remain like that. Think what awesome histories of friendship we would have now,

Edited by Bramble

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...