GreaseSpot Cafe

hello there again

doriangreen

if the twi leaders reading here figure out who the girl is and decide to do something about it, it will more than likely be one of those closed-door sessions where she's brow-beaten for shaming "the ministry", or they'll throw her out, which would be the better of the two in my mind if she can get some help. twi won't help her. if she's a bad witness, they'll get rid of her because they don't like having blemishes.

and that's their opinion of the "worth of a soul"..

it's like a blight, seeding itself in the coming generation..

you'd think they'd actually give a damn..

the thing I'd ask.. linder, others who lurk here in twi "on the job"..

what if it were YOUR daughter.. how would YOU feel?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who these folks are Ham, but they shouldn't need to have family involved to be plenty steemed as they should be.

For me, any reference to the "throw away" folks that TWI used then discarded gets me pretty steemed. #@$! &*^!

The "date/switch" game was not just some isolated thing that some WOW's stumbled on out of desperation to sell the class. It came all the way from HQ. Consider this. The class I took in 1972 was run by someone sent by HQ. He was not a local. The guy and gal, and all the other area believers, kept their relationship completely under wraps until I discovered it myself by accident after session 5 or 6. Then, I suddenly found myself being undershepharded by a person of my own gender. They convinced me that since I had already invested so much time and money in it, ($65 was a week's pay back then.) I should at least go ahead and finish it. It was too late to back out by then. I was hooked. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if something like that is going on with the situation being discussed. And you know what? It wouldn't even matter if there is sex going on or not, it's still a deceptive practice that's been ongoing for decades. So much for the innocence of "the good old days."

For me, that's not what it took to get me in the class, but it sure hooked me afterwards. My all girl except for me twig was coordinated by a gal that lived with my female branch leader. Didn't have much to do with the branch leader but I did see the twig leader a little bit.

(added in editing)

I mean know matter what the specifics are in each case it stinks. Things like this should not happen in any ministry. But I'm fairly certain it's commonplace. It's just that TWI is the illness that I know.

Edited by JeffSjo

Poor Dorian ask a simple question get a whole lot of more than you bargained for.

The dating thing is kind of a combination I think... you have a bunch of 18-30 somethings who really need to find a mate and settle down and of course there is gonna be some hanky panky.

but add to it the fact that many of the leaders are practicing the complete opposite of what they are teaching and you get.. very confused believers breaking the laws and wishes God put forth in the bible.

Edited by leafytwiglet

I believe Wierwille is responsible for what he did too. except with his position he is accountable for even more, he was responsible for how his scumbag life built a "culture" of fornication...

I think Jeff just hit the sweet part of the ball...as I recently said in another thread, when Wierwille went to California and met with Jimmy Doop, the first thing he asked for was to be taken to a sex orgy. Wierwille was a lowlife predator, the kind of guy you find hanging out in adult bookstores.

The fact that he held the "position" that he did only makes it so much worse. Some people think I'm hard on Wierwille...I don't think so. I think I'm just being honest.

Here's what "da way" is (or should) do..

pay the *little* portion of this person's agreement as far as lease is concerned..

get the lady some friggin HELP..

don't leave this innocent bystander responsable for the bills.. for gawd's sake..

it's YOUR *problem*.. not "opportunity.."

face it.. it's just SCREWED UP..

maybe I'm asking for too much, though I don't think so..

Mr.Ham,I do not think they care who twi uses,as long as it is good for the "Ministry"

Sick,comes to mind.

True.. but considering they have staff, actually paid to read the posts here.. and from what was revealed on this thread, and a previous thread, it is 99.999 percent likely they KNOW who the person is..

if they choose to sit on their hands.. or do the wrong thing..

it's documented..

maybe they are that calloused.. the roommate is NEVER going to "join" the way.. what do they care if one of their own torments the person..

Poor Dorian ask a simple question get a whole lot of more than you bargained for.

The dating thing is kind of a combination I think... you have a bunch of 18-30 somethings who really need to find a mate and settle down and of course there is gonna be some hanky panky.

but add to it the fact that many of the leaders are practicing the complete opposite of what they are teaching and you get.. very confused believers breaking the laws and wishes God put forth in the bible.

I have to agree leafytwiglet,

But as I said before, Dorian's situation is IMO just the tip of a nasty, stinky iceberg that is The Way International. I just hope that the answers makes it very, very clear for her what she is at the brink of in her situation.

I would have a much harder time believing the truth of these types of things if I hadn't seen the damage insane leadership can do while building a ministry (so-called) in my little former splinter group. I hope that our sharings are adequate in terms of not buying TWI scriptural teaching mixed with the inevitable love-bombing she may receive if she goes to fellowship.

PEACE,

JEFF

(edited for grammar)

Edited by JeffSjo

I think Jeff just hit the sweet part of the ball...as I recently said in another thread, when Wierwille went to California and met with Jimmy Doop, the first thing he asked for was to be taken to a sex orgy.

Actually, unless you have a better source than mine,

what vpw did was ask D**p what it was like to attend an orgy,

asked for DETAILS,

and told him that orgies were PERMITTED BY GOD.

vpw also went to adult bookstores/moviestores.

I'm not aware of vpw actually attending an orgy.

Mind you, I think he would have shown up, but I don't think he ever

got an invitation to one, nor was it the FIRST thing he did at Haight-Ashbury.

Wierwille was a lowlife predator, the kind of guy you find hanging out in adult bookstores.

Well, I can't argue this one.

The fact that he held the "position" that he did only makes it so much worse. Some people think I'm hard on Wierwille...I don't think so. I think I'm just being honest.

Other than a fine point about whether vpw actually attended an orgy,

or WANTED TO and said God was cool with them,

I agree.

The man should have been put in prison for his crimes against women.

Sadly, he was too clever, and covered his tracks to well,

carefully selecting his targets, times and places, and covering his

tracks afterwards. To me, that shows a depraved conscience, that

one can do all the things that go into that entire SYSTEM.