GreaseSpot Cafe

GSC and Oprah

mchud11

I would like to nominate Paw to contact the Oprah Winfrey show. From what I have seen, there are enough frequent posters/contributors to fill an audience. She could do a show with an audience of all ex-TWIers. And knowing Oprah, who knows, maybe she would spring to an all paid vacation to Jamaica or Hawaii for everyone...any seconds to the motion? Anyone, anyone..

I would like to nominate Paw to contact the Oprah Winfrey show. From what I have seen, there are enough frequent posters/contributors to fill an audience. She could do a show with an audience of all ex-TWIers. And knowing Oprah, who knows, maybe she would spring to an all paid vacation to Jamaica or Hawaii for everyone...any seconds to the motion? Anyone, anyone..

Only if she throws in a free copy of The Secret. <_<

You don't even want to know my (imo) opinion of Oprah.

Oh, but I do, my medication hasn't kicked in. But just to warn you, Doctor Full, whoops, Doctor Phil, hey, thats my man, don't go there, don't do it...

Oh, but I do, my medication hasn't kicked in. But just to warn you, Doctor Full, whoops, Doctor Phil, hey, thats my man, don't go there, don't do it...

Dr Phil is one rung lower/ or on an even keel with Oprah. Can you say they both S -- U -- C -- K??

Opportunists, acting like God on a Stick (or something). Fugg em both. I've no use for either of them.

Do I hear some *cult* following here on your part? Just curious.

Dr Phil is one rung lower/ or on an even keel with Oprah. Can you say they both S -- U -- C -- K??

Opportunists, acting like God on a Stick (or something). Fugg em both. I've no use for either of them.

Do I hear some *cult* following here on your part? Just curious.

Nah, I feel exactly the way you do, opportunists, or more properly, they behave like opportunists. That does not imply though, that getting GSC posters/contributors on Oprah is a far fetched idea, it may sound Ionesco-ish and that was my intent, humor and all, but then again, would it be that absurd ?

Well, dunno, they managed with that Youtube video. Which they quickly got pulled.

God: "Just ... stop ... please, just...stop."

DMiller, I have to agree. However, if she's giving away cars or houses, we could use one of each..... :biglaugh:

Ah, a voice of reason, this is the page I am on. If we get a second to a nomination of Paw, and he takes it on, surely he, Paw would "negotiate", something like a car, or a vacation package. Doesn't Oprah'a publicity mill get more lubed up with bigger gifts? I was under the impression she hit a real high (rating) with the cars for the teachers...

I suggested it already on her website. I've done it a few times actually. They must not be that interested.

FWIW: I think Oprah is a wonderful human being. She thinks of more than herself. That's more than a lot of people in this world can say. She's not perfect, but she really strives to do shows to enrich people's lives. That's better than FOX News.....Let the slinging begin.... :biglaugh:

I suggested it already on her website. I've done it a few times actually. They must not be that interested.

FWIW: I think Oprah is a wonderful human being. She thinks of more than herself. That's more than a lot of people in this world can say. She's not perfect, but she really strives to do shows to enrich people's lives. That's better than FOX News.....Let the slinging begin.... :biglaugh:

Thanks for contacting Oprah, wasn't due to my suggestion, I am sure, but sooner or later, I think us ex-TWI folks may get our day on the media. Oprah, I think has many, many hats, and I agree that she thinks of more than just herself. For me, I like grand self-less-ness, like the way Bill Gates has gone, saying he will give all his money away before he dies. Bill funds some large projects. And Oprah is a big giver, and yet, with her wealth, I would like to see a whole lot more being spent, I do not like thinking or feeling that moderate giving, on her level comes across as drops in a bucket, or sounds and feels like merely more along the line of money gone out in return for publicity, when you are talking of earnings of 50 or more millions of dollars of income a year, I prefer to hear celebrities giving away lots more money than 5 or 6 million a year...really,