GreaseSpot Cafe

Announcement - o - RAMA

mchud11

Folks and folkettes, I received a lovely call from Ms. Ash, of New Jersey, the lovely journalist, who wrote the article Belle pointed us to. I did suggest to everyone, our readers, that they call Ms. Ash. I did, less than three minutes after reading the article. So, she comes across as a lovely woman, bright, responsive, and we had a chat. The sum and substance of this is that she says, if I write an article, as in rebuttal to the information posted in the article, she will publish it. In talking with her, I did point out I felt it was a newsworthy article, however that there are many individuals here on GSC, as well as others out in the world that would feel TWI was more of an experience involving abuse, victimization, and so on. I pointed out that I felt I could understand her postion in being a journalist, my ex-wife is a journalist, and that research is involved and so on, and that I felt there was a potential for her being on the recieving end of "flack" for publishing the article, my opinion, that that is a possibility, not that I was intending giving her flack, merely a possiblity, as in, TWI, a controversial organization (to say the least) with regard to any and all things specific.

What I would like, what I "need" help on: Writing an article. Me: busy at times, desiring opinions, or points of view that bring the issue of TWI and finances into focus, summary, as in three or four major points that are verifiable, realistic, appropriate, and compelling. I tend to have a tendency to way, way over do things, like formal writing...Ms. Ash is thinking something fitting into her format, I am thinking 10 to 20 pages. I do like waterfalls, butterflys, lolipops in my mouth, walks in the rain, but writing is "real world" and I would not feel writing a rebuttal without it being more "consensus" with GSC and a shared task the best of all possibles. Not that I am saying the article "represents" GSC, I mean the interaction on GSC is interaction I prefer as an influence.

Thank you for reading, and your consideration,

sincerely,

Michael

I myself would be happy to talk to Ms. Ash directly, if that helps. or I'll email information to you or her.

Edited by potato

I myself would be happy to talk to Ms. Ash directly, if that helps. or I'll email information to you or her.

No problem with that here. I think her "challenge" is a great opportunity, to get an article back, whether its from me or a group effort, that is a few or many people wanting to be part of the solution. Talking to someone, like Ms. Ash is a potential. As long as she is approached with respect due her as a professional and the subject matter relevant to her, positive, well, in my experience, good things can happen. Good luck in talking with her, the article is part of her work, not her career, so the more calls she gets, no doubt she could get bogged down, but I say go for it, don't worry, be happy....and again, I would like to submit an article for her approval, so if and when you get some time, do let me know what three or four points "rebutt" what Mr. Martin asserts via the article....

Edited: I will endeavor to be in chat tonight, say 7 to 8ish CST and see what people think, I think there is a room option...I would like to get some ideas from those who have read the article, in order help me, narrow down the subject matter, if you feel you can help, please drop by...michael

Edited by mchud11

You might see if Raf would be interested in writing - or perhaps ghost writing - an article as he is a nationally well respected journalist

No problem with that here. I think her "challenge" is a great opportunity, to get an article back, whether its from me or a group effort, that is a few or many people wanting to be part of the solution. Talking to someone, like Ms. Ash is a potential. As long as she is approached with respect due her as a professional and the subject matter relevant to her, positive, well, in my experience, good things can happen.

She might like a link to the Cafe so's she can check some of the stories/info herself.

Especially about the lawsuits - documented on the front page. Very verifiable information.

She might like a link to the Cafe so's she can check some of the stories/info herself.

Especially about the lawsuits - documented on the front page. Very verifiable information.

Thanks, in my voice mail, I referred to GSC. In talking with her this afternoon, she is aware of "us" as well. thanks again..

You might see if Raf would be interested in writing - or perhaps ghost writing - an article as he is a nationally well respected journalist

I wrote a short thank you note to Ms. Ash, thanking her for the opportunity to be considered for publication. I would like to write the article with help from others, including Raf, if he is interested. Raf is cetainly free to contact Ms. Ash. The article, if published is not about me. Currently, I write for a animal shelter, in their newsletter. I see the article as being simple, to the point, positive, and flowing with the goals of the article Ms. Ash wrote. I do disagree about the context of the facts presented there. My qualifications include legal analysis writing, a B.A. and a year of post graduate work in Paralegal studies... The challenge to me, is flowing with, or supplementing, rebutting, the emphasis of that section of the article that deals with Mr. and Mrs. Martin... I do hope you have some time this evenning for some chat. thanks....

As long as it didn't open any avenues for accusations against GSers or especially Paw et al of slander.....I for one want to stay out of this one from now on.

I have always told the truth on this website, but I sure as God made little green apples don't want anyone who wronged me to know who I am from my posts. There's no profit in that, especially since they were so sure of their own righteousness.

I think a can of worms has just been opened.

WG

As an aspiring journalist, I'd be thrilled to help you write this article, mchud11. PM me and let me know if there's any way I can help.

chat, 7pm CST, be there or be a square, er be square...thanks, I appreciate your interest, expression is marvelous, isn't it..

As long as it didn't open any avenues for accusations against GSers or especially Paw et al of slander.....I for one want to stay out of this one from now on.

I have always told the truth on this website, but I sure as God made little green apples don't want anyone who wronged me to know who I am from my posts. There's no profit in that, especially since they were so sure of their own righteousness.

I think a can of worms has just been opened.

WG

absolutely...GSC is separate and distinct, I do not plan on mentioning GSC at all..at all...I have my head on with what slander is, libel, defamation..thanks, I am hearing reservation and nothing unhealthy about that...thanks for responding to the post Watered Garden..

can-of-worms.jpg

oh, you...waysider, really, I am worthy of your trust. Writing has boundaries, I have no expectations and no agenda...TWI, to me, said this, and did something else.. In writing, the goal is to reach people, an audience, and in my experience to reach people the necessary condition is relevance, things others can relate to, and out of the gutter so to speak...plain speaking goes a long way with folks..michael

Most of this article is pretty much harmless and not subject to rebuttal. This writer, if I'm viewing this correctly, is concerned with finances, not faith.

The only difficulty is certain things are stated as fact that should be marked off as the opinions of her subjects:

The thirtysomething couple, who live in an apartment, are ministers of The Way International, an Ohio-based worldwide nondenominational ministry that focuses on knowing the Bible inside out and living its messages.

That's clearly going on the say so of the interview subjects. I doubt highly there was independent research to verify that this group is "worldwide" by any stretch.

The Way teaches three basic principles from the Bible regarding financial prosperity and debt-free living: Tithe 10 percent of your income, live within your means, and work heartily as unto the Lord.

Agree or disagree, this is CLEARLY the opinion of the subjects. There is plenty of Christian disagreement on tithing and living debt-free.

Though Biblical scholars, they do not restrict their reading to the holy book.

SCHOLARS? Puh-LEASE.

For the most part, I'd advise against giving TWI any publicity by responding to this. At best, this warrants a letter to the editor about calling people Biblical Scholars when their only claim to the title is membership in a discredited cult founded by a plagiarizing predatory preacher.

Most of this article is pretty much harmless and not subject to rebuttal. This writer, if I'm viewing this correctly, is concerned with finances, not faith.

The only difficulty is certain things are stated as fact that should be marked off as the opinions of her subjects:

That's clearly going on the say so of the interview subjects. I doubt highly there was independent research to verify that this group is "worldwide" by any stretch.

Agree or disagree, this is CLEARLY the opinion of the subjects. There is plenty of Christian disagreement on tithing and living debt-free.

SCHOLARS? Puh-LEASE.

For the most part, I'd advise against giving TWI any publicity by responding to this. At best, this warrants a letter to the editor about calling people Biblical Scholars when their only claim to the title is membership in a discredited cult founded by a plagiarizing predatory preacher.

Thanks for responding Raf, if you are around at 7cst, would love to hear your thoughts..and I very much agree, specifically, this is about finances, not faith, absolutely.. and the context, I am hearing you assert about the article..opinion, absolutely (the authors facts are not givens by any stretch of the word, a representation of "biblical research" or even "ministers" all opinion, tithing, opinion. It may be a complete waste of my time and that is not a problem, it is my time to waste.. that is, what I write, they decide not to publish, NP, I have no control over the situation, I mean the point of their publishing anything, whether its me or Joe Doe is self-interest, publicity..

I have completed my Letter To The Editor in response to the article pointed to in Belle's posting. Yes, the result of my letter if posted, may result in individuals currently associated with TWI starting a letter writing campaign. And so what? Quality to me, is more important than quantity, but that is just me.. If there is a response from the Editor to me, that I feel is significant, I may post it here on GSC. GSC has not been mentioned in my letter, implied, referenced, no ones name, handle has been referenced. All my name, my thoughts, my take on the article..

regards...michael