GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Mommy Dearest

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here! With a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-foot, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s--t he is!" 

George

"You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - 'Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!' See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long."

"The Martians had no resistance to the bacteria in our atmosphere to which we have long since become immune. Once they had breathed our air, germs, which no longer affect us, began to kill them. The end came swiftly. All over the world, their machines began to stop and fall. After all that men could do had failed, the Martians were destroyed and humanity was saved by the littlest things, which God, in His wisdom, had put upon this Earth."

George

Was there a movie version of "Lost in Space", I mean, of course there was, obviously, it has Gary Oldman and William Hurt in it, right?  Of course. 

I'm just going to assume that it was "Lost in Space"

"There can be only one"!

Edited by Human without the bean

My fever dropped!  I have a vague memory I dreamed about Muppet Highlander again.....

Oh, this round, right.    The movie is "Highlander", with Christopher Lambert as Connor Mac Leod.

(I also have a vague memory of Matt Le Blanc in a "Lost in Space" movie. Must have been that fever talking...)

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Producers (Mostel/Wilder version)

"Always look on the bright side of life."

(Not tremendously famous, but should be familiar to this crew.)

George

I doubt whether this is the where this quote came from, but Jack Nicholson plays the piano and sings "Always look on the bright side of like" while crying about a dog he becomes attached to in "As Good As it Gets".