GreaseSpot Cafe

Time in a Bottle

cheranne

The base of our connection was Biblical.

There we were all of us looking for answers on life or what have you and we ended

up in The Way International!

For some of us we just took the "class" for others we went way out on a limb(no pun intended)

Some of us got over it in a minute and others day by day,year by year ..others never made it and some died fighting their

demons.

I want people to understand how something so "seemingly good" turned so destructive and waste away so many peoples

lives.

Still to this day I cherish some of the friendships but.... hate the fact that it was based on a sales pitch for TWI and Dr. Fat Rats

Lies.

Like wide eyed wonder children we went and followed the pied piper...that I still care about the rescue of others trapped in

the line of fire is why in part I come to this site.

What are you doing here.

• Upvote 1

honestly looking for answers is a quality not to be discarded

despite the places we looked, and looked again

honesty with yourself is important i believe

and how honest

how much can one release fear's grip to look

to really look

there is unknown things to see

else why would we looking

honestly looking for answers is a quality not to be discarded

despite the places we looked, and looked again

honesty with yourself is important i believe

and how honest

how much can one release fear's grip to look

to really look

there is unknown things to see

else why would we looking

yes. I suppose that is why we all looked in the bible but then found dishonest vps circus!

Well, honestly, I think I'm pretty much "over it" and then some other bugaboo pops up for me to handle.

Last week, we had a conversation with the pastor of the church plant we've been involved in and we decided we no longer wish to be involved, due to doctrinal differences.

This was a civilized conversation. Mr. Garden had e-mailed him, he was sad, wanted to discuss things, and came over at an appointed time. He first said he wanted to know if he "had done anything wrong" but it quickly became obvious he was sure he had not. We explained what we believe, he explained what he believes and finally we had to agree to disagree. No screaming, no accusations, no "the minute you walk out of here the Christ in you dies" type warnings. He was sad, so were we. We hugged, we prayed, and we parted on decent terms.

The next couple of days, I wobbled a little bit, but I didn't feel as though I were condemning myself to hell. I don't fear disaster for myself or my family. I worry a little bit sometimes about whether or not I'm on the right track, but then I recover, with the help of God's comfort and encouragement.

Contrast this to over a decade ago, when I was convinced I would die soon because we had stepped out of the covering protection of Zion.

I guess the point is, if I can help someone else who feels like I felt, well, that's one of the big reasons I'm still hanging around, if only for a quick cup of coffee and a nod to old friends.

WG

Well, honestly, I think I'm pretty much "over it" and then some other bugaboo pops up for me to handle.

Last week, we had a conversation with the pastor of the church plant we've been involved in and we decided we no longer wish to be involved, due to doctrinal differences.

This was a civilized conversation. Mr. Garden had e-mailed him, he was sad, wanted to discuss things, and came over at an appointed time. He first said he wanted to know if he "had done anything wrong" but it quickly became obvious he was sure he had not. We explained what we believe, he explained what he believes and finally we had to agree to disagree. No screaming, no accusations, no "the minute you walk out of here the Christ in you dies" type warnings. He was sad, so were we. We hugged, we prayed, and we parted on decent terms.

The next couple of days, I wobbled a little bit, but I didn't feel as though I were condemning myself to hell. I don't fear disaster for myself or my family. I worry a little bit sometimes about whether or not I'm on the right track, but then I recover, with the help of God's comfort and encouragement.

Contrast this to over a decade ago, when I was convinced I would die soon because we had stepped out of the covering protection of Zion.

I guess the point is, if I can help someone else who feels like I felt, well, that's one of the big reasons I'm still hanging around, if only for a quick cup of coffee and a nod to old friends.

WG

GOOD ANSWER.

"Dr Fat Rat"

:biglaugh:

That is putting it nicely! :o

• Upvote 1