GreaseSpot Cafe

You Know Things are Screwed Up When

Tzaia

[how does one make a chequered pattern?]

You have to

1. Vacuum in one straight line starting along the wall.

2. Pick up the upright (canister won't work)

3. Move it over so that each row doesn't overlap the others

4. Continue across the room

5. Repeat process but perpendicular to original lines

The key is to step in the squares while pulling the vacuum towards you. That way you remove your footprints from the carpet pile.

Funny how I haven't thought about this in years. Repressed memory, I suppose. Maybe that's why stringing chairs didn't seem so bad?

JT

I knew things were screwed up when I realized the inner turmoil I was experiencing during the Passing of the Patriarch aftermath – was a battle between reason and the TWI mindset. Although at the time, concepts like groupthink, cult mentality, and TWI mindset were unknown to me – I began identifying issues of this nature with some type of mental labeling to simply distinguish them as being suspect, possibly faulty and/or foreign to normalcy [whatever the heck that was in my slowly awakening mind].

Dialoging [via phone & mail] with fellow Corps while on our practicum year over the hot issues since Patriarch - I would invariably run into a brick wall whenever I questioned TWI doctrine or practice. Leaving aside the insinuations that I was influenced by devil spirits, tripped out or just plain possessed – it became evident that questioning vp or his doctrine & practices was perceived as a direct challenge to God Almighty & the Bible. I was used to thinking the Bible & PFAL as just about on par with each other – but was starting to have some SERIOUS doubts about this viewpoint. Needless to say, the more I ran into this wall, the more I was determined to distance myself from the whole mess until I could get a better idea of what's going on.

There has been such a sense of satisfaction.. . validation.. . healing.. .strengthening in finding Grease Spot. Now I know that I know that I know :biglaugh: I wasn't crazy for leaving TWI.

Restating my point - what helped me to see that the TWI mindset screwed up one's thinking skills was in observing how folks dealt with post-Patriarch issues. Just about every suggestion or call to action seemed to be PFAL-centric. I remember one of my Corps buddies saying he's dealing with the problems by running back-to-back PFAL classes.

That's all for now – thanks for letting me rant!

Love & peace

T-Bone

You know things are screwed up when you're on a Corps Night Hook-up and hear Craig "destroy" a man by explaining all the things he did wrong and that's why his wife died giving birth to their child. (that was the last time I participated in Corps Night Hook-ups). I actually knew things were WAY screwed up WAY before this.

Edited by taxicab

You know things are screwed up when you're on a Corps Night Hook-up and hear Craig "destroy" a man by explaining all the things he did wrong and that's why his wife died giving birth to their child. (that was the last time I participated in Corps Night Hook-ups). I actually knew things were WAY screwed up WAY before this.

Yikes.

.... Your WOW FC declares that you must keep at least a half tank of gas in your car at all times - yet doesn't contribute to the upkeep. The FC uses the car regularly (after all - it really belongs to the Family) - so you get reamed out because the FC finds it has less than a half tank the next time it is taken.

You have to

1. Vacuum in one straight line starting along the wall.

2. Pick up the upright (canister won't work)

3. Move it over so that each row doesn't overlap the others

4. Continue across the room

5. Repeat process but perpendicular to original lines

The key is to step in the squares while pulling the vacuum towards you. That way you remove your footprints from the carpet pile.

Funny how I haven't thought about this in years. Repressed memory, I suppose. Maybe that's why stringing chairs didn't seem so bad?

JT

holy cow....so much work to make things look nice. I wonder how clean the carpet actually is down deep when so much effort is spent in the upper fibers. [sigh]