GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW----polygamist or just another dirty old man?

waysider

Yeah, I'm hooked on it alright - like Bolshevik was saying, "Big Love" has a lot of resonance. Like the lingering mindset in folks that have left the compound but still hold onto the polygamy thing - which they refer to as "the principle" [vp would have probably said "now that's what I call the GREAT principle. Dawts riiiiight!"].

Another thing that's interesting to follow is the way they have to cover up "living the principle" in their neighborhood [hubby with 3 wives live in 3 homes next door to each other] and just in general in any social setting. Watching that drama play out reminds me of when I first became aware of a mindset after I left TWI. So much of the inappropriate & twisted crap became much more obvious as I related stuff to friends who were never in TWI.

I think the show does a good job of covering a number of levels. From total social isolation (polygamists w/Hummers) to completely leaving Mormonism. The scenarios and conversions are great. IMO.