GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW----polygamist or just another dirty old man?

waysider

VPW---polygamist or just another dirty old man?

In Christian Family and Sex, Wierwille stated that sexual intercourse is always (yes, he said "always") a spiritual event. In addition, he said that it creates a deep and lasting spiritual bond between the participants. (This, he said, is why it is crucial that believers never have sex with unbelievers.) He went on to say that marriage, in a biblical sense, is defined by the act of consummation, not the laws of men. The implied conclusion is that if you have intercourse with someone, you are married to them in a biblical sense. So the question this raises is this---- Now that we know Wierwille had sex with dozens, if not scores, of young Way women, does that make him a polygamist or just another dirty old man who spouted jibberish to serve his own private agenda?

• Upvote 1

I vote for "another dirty old man who spouted jibberish to serve his own private agenda"

Naw...lots of dirty old men out there - Jethro Tulls and all - winos on the corner.

Vic holds his own title as Dr. scum, rapist and abuser

Well, the whole thing presents a dilemma of sorts.

If you still believe he was a MOG who spoke for God, then, by his own definition of terms, he was a polygamist. That's something that is biblically unacceptable.

If, on the other hand, you no longer believe he was a MOG and that his words lack credibility, he was, by virtue of his behavioral activity, a sexual predator. So, the dilemma here is that we were either following a Bible defying polygamist or a sexual predator. It doesn't look too good either way.

That's something that is biblically unacceptable.

I have heard some of the self proclaimed "in the know" (:rolleyes: )corps question that, based on the multiple wives of the old testament.

Whether it was a doctrine floated around the inside or made up by these few that I knew I can't say--but multiple "wives" was spoken about in some circles of wayworld on a hush hush basis.

I just finished reading an excellent book by Jon Krakauer "Under The Banner Of Heaven" which examines the seamy underside of Mormonism.--though it deals primarily with the multiple wives offshoots the parallels to many things in wayworld were evident and striking throughout the book.

Through whatever narcisisstic and twisted brain and theology Wierwille may have had

he may have thought of it something along those lines of marriage or spiritual union or something--

but whatever he delusionally thought doesnt change the fact that he was a serial abuser

Edited by mstar1

I have heard some of the self proclaimed "in the know" (:rolleyes: )corps question that, based on the multiple wives of the old testament.

And yet another dilemma emerges.

They could rationalize the "many wives" by citing instances in the O.T., which was supposedly not addressed to us, while, at the same time, ignoring Titus 1:7, a section of scripture supposedly addressed to us, which delineates the criteria for selecting elders. ("If any be blameless, the husband of one wife----") So, by practicing "polygamy" (as defined in CF&S), they revealed themselves as unworthy candidates for elder positions in the church.

Edited by waysider

In Christian Family and Sex, Wierwille stated that sexual intercourse is always (yes, he said "always") a spiritual event. In addition, he said that it creates a deep and lasting spiritual bond between the participants. (This, he said, is why it is crucial that believers never have sex with unbelievers.) He went

on to say that marriage, in a biblical sense, is defined by the act of consummation, not the laws of men. The implied conclusion is that if you have intercourse with someone, you are married to them in a biblical sense. So the question this raises is this---- Now that we know Wierwille had sex with dozens, if not scores, of young Way women, does that make him a polygamist or just another dirty old man who spouted jibberish to serve his own private agenda?

By wierwille's own admission, the corps and wows were "his kids".......and therefore, INCEST should be added to this discussion.

i vote for "lewd fellow of the basor sort" as written in the old testament and don't get why the old testament is "written to us" for this and for tithing and multiple sex partners but not "written to us" when it says "do not commit adultery". :wacko:

Yeah, those darn administrations seem to get in the way at the most inconvenient times, don't they?

Yeah, those darn administrations seem to get in the way at the most inconvenient times, don't they?

yah, and you said it first and i seconded it, and i think the vote is in that no matter how you dice and chop up the bible, the man was no "man of god" and any "revelation" he "received" was probably a filling in one of his teeth tuned to a very bad "madtv" version of the "twilight zone" and he probably needed to be on seroquel or something similar to shut up those voices in his head and shut down those hallucinations and tame those delusions of grandeur. and probably some healthy doses of salt peter wouldn't have hurt, either. (yes i know that salt peter is an explosive but can't a girl have some fun?)

edited to add that i looked it up and salt peter is an additive to explosives and some say it was used to stop the hornies in the military and some say it wasn't and others say maybe so maybe no but whatever it is used in toothpaste and ice cream and the possible side affects are cancer and reproductive problems, so i still say some salt peter couldn't have hurt.

Edited by brainfixed

So the question this raises is this---- Now that we know Wierwille had sex with dozens, if not scores, of young Way women, does that make him a polygamist or just another dirty old man who spouted jibberish to serve his own private agenda?

If it's true that he drugged women and then had sex with them against their will, then he is a rapist. Additionally, drugging unsuspecting victims would result in assault and battery charges in most places.

With Wierwille and other sexual predators it seems to me that they need to develope the ability to control their victims to some extent in order to keep getting their sick little jollies. And what makes Wierwille especially noteworthy as a dirty old man is that his answer to keep the supply of victims going was his ability to justify his baser habits with a careful groomed cadre of followers that either took part in the carnage or at least used their "ministry positions" to act as his enablers.

But for me the single most revolting aspect of his abuse was how he tightly reined in control od TWI by carefully obscuring and twisting the scriptures in order for most of us to not realize that he was a sick, twisted wolf in sheeps clothing. Most predators rely on their abilty to control their victims through simple intimidation or other forms of persuasion. And they learn to very carefully pick victims that are vulnerable. Wierwille did all of that and added religous indoctrination on top of it all. As such IMO, HE WAS DEFINITELY A DIRTY OLD MAN BUT HARDLY "JUST ANOTHER." In my mind he was especially heinous as a predator. Just look at LCM and other sicko tip-top TWI leadership, Wierwille even passed his disease on to many others, whom he called his kids. :CUSSING:

If it's true that he drugged women and then had sex with them against their will, then he is a rapist. Additionally, drugging unsuspecting victims would result in assault and battery charges in most places.

Here's some insight into "the lockbox".

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-02-20-85102.mp3

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-06-11-80766.mp3

Here's a highly recommended book.

Losing The Way

(You can order it by using the Amazon box on the home page.)

Edited by waysider

In Christian Family and Sex, Wierwille stated that sexual intercourse is always (yes, he said "always") a spiritual event. In addition, he said that it creates a deep and lasting spiritual bond between the participants.

wow. did he really say that? i don't get it. a spiritual event oh boy maybe one of those darker ones.... ha

the deep and lasting ? once i played dead, he never contacted me again.

i also think the incest point is a good one. i can't see what i wrote here so i might have to edit thank you

Edited by excathedra

if you wake up in the midst of "it" and see dead eyes looking past you, does that count as a bonding experience ?

ps. i would really vote for dirty old man disguising himself as god's one

the reason i am very upset is because of my confiding in him as a father figure and also knowing some other stuff

in the end of it all, will it matter ?

Here's some insight into "the lockbox".

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-02-20-85102.mp3

Here's a highly recommended book.

Losing The Way

(You can order it by using the Amazon box on the home page.)

That's some f*cked up ..... I had no idea the degree of depravity this VPW dip.... and his minions were engaged in until I discovered the GS web site a couple of months ago. Prior to joining this forum I had thought it to be a good Christian ministry.

Anyway, whatever...the guy's dead. TWI never wronged me personally. All I lost to TWI was a girlfriend a long time ago (actually, it goes deeper than that, but never mind). Many of you have suffered much deeper wounds, some less. At any rate, the word on VPW's malfeasance seems to have been out for some time now. Allegations have been made, lawsuits have been filed. Hopefully he and that Martindale scumbag will be judged harshly for their actions and the ministry will fall apart under the weight of its own ugly baggage.

P.S. Obviously, VPW and his minions weren't the first holy men -- of any religion -- to prey on women and/or children. And they won't be the last. It's good to remember that.

• Upvote 1

Don't feel bad, soulsearcher.

You figured it out in a couple of months.

For some of us, it took years or even decades.

Some still can't come to grips with the reality of it all.

BTW----I edited my previous post to add more of the Kristen interview.

P.S. Obviously, VPW and his minions weren't the first holy men -- of any religion -- to prey on women and/or children. And they won't be the last. It's good to remember that.

thank you for your words..

so what have we learned, this time around.. what do we do now..