GreaseSpot Cafe

Latest Way Marketing

TrustAndObey

We have a winner... There aren't that many Corps left! And the few that are on the field would go kicking and screaming if forced to go back to HQ... They know! Oh, do they know...

Oh, yeah.......they know:

1) Many corps worked their interim year at hq......$75 a month (w/ room & board).

2) The "no future in it" of working at twi..............is the dirty little secret revealed.

3) Rosalie's micro-management of minions................is a fate worse than death.

4) The hypocrisy at twi's hq is so thick.........it oozes thru the walls.

5) Twi's "call to service".........is a call to slave labor and the corps know it all too well.

6) With the mis-handling of Mrs. Wierwille's final days.........even the corps took notice!

7) Retirement? When Dorothy and Rhoda are held up as examples?.....and working in their 80s?

8) Even a broken clock is right twice a day........even corps are right to avoid this broken system.

. . . .

It's sad. But even if they saw ''bad stuff happen'' , disagree with decisions, are unmotivated, uninspired, and broke, most will stay.

There is a figurative leash around their necks and it makes it hard to escape.

That leash is the "hope" that the next MOG is just waiting around the corner to rescue them from their despair...

this is where "child sacrifice" comes in . . . lie to your kids for years, if they stay, they're a godsend, if they leave they are bastards.

"The devil you know....."

Fear.... they have nothing - no savings, no security, no support, no pride, no skills without massive amounts of spin..... no freedom, no ability to think for themselves, no guts to stand up for themselves.

Leaving after having TWI dictate every aspect of your life for so long is certainly a scary prospect for long time staffers. It takes work to leave and it IS an unknown life.... easier to just sit in the dark and wish you could leave.

"The devil you know....."

Fear.... they have nothing - no savings, no security, no support, no pride, no skills without massive amounts of spin..... no freedom, no ability to think for themselves, no guts to stand up for themselves.

Leaving after having TWI dictate every aspect of your life for so long is certainly a scary prospect for long time staffers. It takes work to leave and it IS an unknown life.... easier to just sit in the dark and wish you could leave.

I think one of the hardest aspects I had to deal with after being so entrenched in this cult's little subculture was being completely and totally ostracized by people I thought were my brothers and sisters. It really sent me for a free fall. And I am a person who is quite independent and has little regard if I am looked down on. Fear of being cast out of the synagogue is definitely one of the biggest choke collars keeping people in the camp. My advice to anyone thinking of leaving is these people aren't your friends in the first place. If they truly love you they will be there after you leave and will respect your decision to not support TWI. Out of dozens of people, I have one friend that stays in touch. Otherwise, there are no others and I am glad. They are not welcome in my house and I have marked and avoided them. Romans says to mark those which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine you have received - therefore, I have marked and avoided TWI and anyone who carries their divisions and offenses.

Yeppers. Well said. That was one thing that helped me leave after I realized I didn't really have a marriage if my husband would choose TWI over me should I leave TWI. Nice... really nice awakening.

I knew I didn't have any real friends since I'd abandoned all of them when getting involved with TWI and "we don't have friends when it comes to the word".... I do have a very loving and supportive family, so that helped, but they don't live here so it was difficult but I had the cafe and the wonderful friends I've made here. That was priceless in terms of support and helping me maintain some sort of sanity.

Life is SOOOO MUCH BETTER now! I so wish I could hug those folks and tell them the pain, fear and uncertainty of adjusting to living your own life is absolutely worth it!

I think one of the hardest aspects I had to deal with after being so entrenched in this cult's little subculture was being completely and totally ostracized by people I thought were my brothers and sisters. It really sent me for a free fall.

I couldn't agree more.

There is nothing quite like that COLD SPLASH OF REALITY......where "twi's brothers and sisters in Christ"

have no loyalty, no love, no ties to one another when twi hierarchy mandate ostracizing an independent or dissenting point of view. Overnight, this cult-household marches to the orders of their "command center and sole sustainer of their identity"......and the mark/avoid mandate is enforced.

For many who are/were deeply entrenched in twi's world (staff, corps)......their support system is mostly thread-bare. After years of shunning one's family and education/careers decisions, those relationships and networks of support are strained to offer any help or assistance at this juncture in life. Overnight, the phones stop ringing and an avalanche of questions and decisions need to be addressed.

What was real? Where does reality separate from twi's deception? If one's experiences were based on a pseudo-love, then what about twi itself? Is this why others exited twi YEARS AGO?

The emotions, and answers, come in waves......and Greasespot helps one to surf these waves.

The things that twi "researched" are the things I got taught, I spoke my first word when I was seven, and in about four years from that I was put in High school with older kids because I learned quickly. Later on I ended up getting tossed into a "Boarding Home Girls School" sort of thing which was Catholic, I lived and schooled there for four years. But before that my Dad had taught me the whole class and I dead everything he gave me and soaked everything up like a sponge that he taught. So when I went off to Laurel Hill Secondary School in LKimerick Ie., I'll bet you can see my bible views were a big hit. Especially Jesus Christ is not God.

This is a good way to get beat up a lot by Bigger kids than you. For a while I was put to live with one of the sisters to protect me, I think. I can see a bit what people that leave have to put up with. Of course they wanted me to be a catholic aznd they also have their own research which often means Church Tradition is the Word of God (even if it is stupid) and if it changes it is only because donations are getting slow,.... Like when it was discovered that the earth was not the center of the Universe and that the sun does not revolve around it.

Also seems all groups have their specialty Item which must not be questioned and this includes non-christians even Scientists and Philosophers.

I am sad for people that feel trapped in that system - especially since they have feet to walk (at any time) away from there. It's difficult for me to see how someone could be so terrified to do so, but I read in GS and I see a little bit of why. their loved oned will be used as "betting chips" (like at Las Vegas) against them or the twi people will be mean to them - out of what? SPITE?

And I thought I had my hard times! I am glad I did not have to do those things, I think getting shot at was easier.

There was a huge amount of new Staff who came in the year I did, 2001. Many of them left, and I'm sure many had been enlightened by their experiences on Staff (especially if they were around when LCM got the boot). Depsite walking around with our twig faces on, there was a lot of murmuring because everyone knew they were being treated like slaves. There's no honor in working on Staff. We were just told it was the most honorable thing you could do just below going in the Corps.

When I was ready to leave, I had my placement meeting with my Cabinet overseer, who was my Department coordinator as well. I told him I spent the maximum sentence and was leaving. He said he'd make my request known, but to plan to stay. I left scratching my head. Then I went back ot him and told him I wasn't Corps and I WAS leaving. He said OK. He gave me the cold shoulder for the next 6 months. Placement meetings are in February, and we don't get to leave until August.

Edited by Nottawayfer