GreaseSpot Cafe

The Living Truth Fellowship

"damn it socks you're just mad you had to sign an agreement to release him/them if the fellas in the white coats carried you out of there"

Y'know, you just reminded me of a statement my wif' made a year of so after we left the Wee Willy Winkee Way and started hearing about their wholesale brutality and what they were dishing out at the time and being thankful I'd taken the high road out instead of going in alphabetical order through the Way's leaderz and unloading a tank load of UMF on them one by one -

she said "I guess we left before they had a chance to be really mean to us".

I thought about that for a moment and realized that this would be one of those rare moments when she in all her sweetness and loving intelligence was in fact, wrong about her assessment of that situation. See, her assumptions about her own reality had been formed by a somewhat limited and small slice of the actual larger reality in which she'd existed but not been fully aware of - and therefore was only a partially formed vision. I knew right then and there that this was an opportunity to expand her personal horizons to places that well, like, new places. So I did.

I responded "No, actually we left the Way before I had a chance to get really mean to them".

And that again is the living freaking truth.

There's still always time of course, but it wouldn't be fun anymore so, yeah.

Blends Ham. It's all about blends.

This just in! A note to socks - "why do you hate D. T. so much? What did he ever do to you?"

Cool! A perfect opportunity for me, socks, to expound on that greatest of topics - why socks thinks the way he does.

I don't hate him. I saw a rat under the kitchen counter last winter, little squinty guy. I didn't hate him, didn't even put out a trap. That's why we have a cat, a cat who won't move a leg except to eat, poop and switch sleeping positions but will sit like the Sphinx for hours and hours once it knows there's a rat on the move somewhere in her domain and then - well, I never see the rat again.....what goes around comes around, cycle of life stuff and life has a way of taking care of it's own detritus which is what MoMental looks like to me, if smarmy corn starch and excreta can be classified as such and I'll admit up front I might be stretching it there a tad.

I also consider it a personal achievement that he's never done anything to me or anyone related to me, good or bad, although I will admit it's not a great achievement and probably goes on the same shelf as all the times I've remembered to watch where I'm stepping while walking in the park and avoided getting dog poop on my sneak's. It's those little wins that are kinda cool and idle their time in those parts of my consciousness not being used for higher value work, like avoiding spraying Ant Spray in my eyes instead of at the ants.

Ya know socks I like this post of yours...its good reality. The thing I found toward the end of my involvement/association with the ministry, was the "raise the bar thing"..I move to San Diego/Coronado, no job, no money and the Branch Leader invites me over to his home. He says welcome and I want you to attend my fellowship..Oh, its real far away, but Hey I can believe for hitching a ride, right?

Later I move to Everett, Washington. I have un-resolved issues, I ask the local Corp Grad for some counseling, well he turns me down, doesn't feel I am hungry enough, hey I haven't proved my commitment. Later I work for him, I teach him how to use a paint sprayer to paint homes..He has some serious vision issues, I mean squinting, very bad squinting to see anything and he is driving like that. He neither recognizes, nor takes care of the issue, Ordained Clergy, dumb foot. We do the first job, he is blind as a bat and shooting paint everywhere except where its supposed to go..I wouldn't say it was anything other than sad. And I messed with him, he didn't pay me up. I go to his home, tell him I will collect through small claims court..hie wife comes out, thrusts a bible in my face with a verse on "how dare you...going to man/court rather than the body of believers"...which don't exist in the area...

What can I say, the Corp is/was a lifetime commitment to serve. Do I know more than two people in my life presently that are keeping their Corp commitment..no I don't... The ministry became utter horse poo. I didn't help that, not guilty.

I do work the Word, I do speak in tongues. I do associate myself with John Lynn. He is a Teacher/Evangelist. His ministry is apparent. I have never met him. We correspond, for getting close to 7 years now.

I did finish the Momentus book...well, not horse poo, just pretty damn light-weight. It looks to me that there are a whole lot of light-weights who publish books, John Eldredge, Joyce Meyers. Well, I have gone after old John Eldredge..confronted him on his little Facebook page...of course he doesn't respond on the page or to my email...just like all the light-weights....ears full of wax, living their 'LAW'...I have no empowerment with them...too, too bad, oh well.

michael

Thanks Michael.

I only know one way, one thing, only one light. That's it for me, the core of the center of the essence of what I believe and my faith.

I don't have any additives, enhancements, methods, techniques or paradigms to offer and neither entertain, offer nor sell any expanded versions of the original. And I loathe and disdain those who would sell God's gifts, so freely given. They get no quarter, no standing in these precincts and deserve what they get by choosing the outer rim - chaos.

I have as many scintillating enlightened thoughts as the next clod but I don't mess with the foundation and cornerstone of What Works and in Christianity that is Jesus Christ, the way, truth and light, the Logos, God's mind and intentions brought to form for all to see and hear.

Without that, there's everything else and everything else is not that so it's easy to get and keep a bead on it. With that, order, peace and progress within the human soul can begin and grow, life Anew. The closer anyone gets to that the clearer their vision and place.

If this were then I'd do what they did - bring someone to Jesus, to hear, see and meet Him for themselves and let the work begin. And the Spirit is on the move even today so He's not hard to find. When He needs my help He knows where to find me but He knows His job. So do I. Or as ZZ Top said so eloquently "You may not see Him in person, but He'll see you just the same. And you don't have to worry, cause Takin' Care Of Business is His name".

I take extreme exception to this crap that floats today in the name of Jesus Christ and His Father but it seems to have always been a soiled water in the shallow end of the pool. I'm a lousy swimmer but the deep end is much cleaner.

Thanks Michael.

I only know one way, one thing, only one light. That's it for me, the core of the center of the essence of what I believe and my faith.

I don't have any additives, enhancements, methods, techniques or paradigms to offer and neither entertain, offer nor sell any expanded versions of the original. And I loathe and disdain those who would sell God's gifts, so freely given. They get no quarter, no standing in these precincts and deserve what they get by choosing the outer rim - chaos.

I have as many scintillating enlightened thoughts as the next clod but I don't mess with the foundation and cornerstone of What Works and in Christianity that is Jesus Christ, the way, truth and light, the Logos, God's mind and intentions brought to form for all to see and hear.

Without that, there's everything else and everything else is not that so it's easy to get and keep a bead on it. With that, order, peace and progress within the human soul can begin and grow, life Anew. The closer anyone gets to that the clearer their vision and place.

If this were then I'd do what they did - bring someone to Jesus, to hear, see and meet Him for themselves and let the work begin. And the Spirit is on the move even today so He's not hard to find. When He needs my help He knows where to find me but He knows His job. So do I. Or as ZZ Top said so eloquently "You may not see Him in person, but He'll see you just the same. And you don't have to worry, cause Takin' Care Of Business is His name".

I take extreme exception to this crap that floats today in the name of Jesus Christ and His Father but it seems to have always been a soiled water in the shallow end of the pool. I'm a lousy swimmer but the deep end is much cleaner.

From what I know about Abe Lincoln, you would have been either good friends with him or in his Civil War cabinet..He didn't like that Jesus Christ was not present in the Churches of his day...

michael

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...