GreaseSpot Cafe

The Love Offering

waysider

Anybody remember "the love offering"?

It wasn't enough that they were gauging us for classes and demanding that we ABS, we had to have a "love offering" at every function, as well. We even had to list it on a separate line on "the blue form". I got caught for not having a "love offering" at every twig meeting. I got my azz chewed out because I was "cheating Gawd's people" out of an opportunity to receive in return for their giving. Maybe that's why we were supposed to run every meeting even if no one else showed up. More coin in the coffers.

Edited by waysider

I think they stopped the "love offering" thing when they did the whole NO GIFTS TO LEADERSHIP thingie... Otherwise known as the "gift policy" (cause gifts carry devil spirits, right?)

From what I remember before that, the love offerings were to show special appreciation for a specific event or teaching above and beyond your normal percentage of giving.

I think they stopped the "love offering" thing when they did the whole NO GIFTS TO LEADERSHIP thingie... Otherwise known as the "gift policy" (cause gifts carry devil spirits, right?)

From what I remember before that, the love offerings were to show special appreciation for a specific event or teaching above and beyond your normal percentage of giving.

But it was mandatory?....until the no gifts bs?....

As I recall, you were never supposed to run ANY kind of meeting without "giving God's people a chance to get blessed". That was called a "love offering". In the class instructor's manual,there was a particular session in which the instructor was expressly told to take up an offering so that the students would be more ready, spiritually, to receive the information. I don't remember which session . Thereafter, though, a "love offering" was to be taken at every session. It was easy for them to see if you were doing this because it was officially recorded on the various forms. This is how HQ found out that a certain twig of retired folks weren't giving their money to The Way and were subsequently told to either disband or dissociate themselves from The Way.

Edited by waysider

As I recall, you were never supposed to run ANY kind of meeting without "giving God's people a chance to get blessed". That was called a "love offering". In the class instructor's manual,there was a particular session in which the instructor was expressly told to take up an offering so that the students would be more ready, spiritually, to receive the information. I don't remember which session . Thereafter, though, a "love offering" was to be taken at every session.

Small minds and their simplistic, religious formulas. Oh ya, God's word just works. No God needed. Just apply the formula and you get the results. Thank you father! :realmad:

It was easy for them to see if you were doing this because it was officially recorded on the various forms. This is how HQ found out that a certain twig of retired folks weren't giving their money to The Way and were subsequently told to either disband or dissociate themselves from The Way.

Evil bustards will have their judgment. I think choosing dissociation is a good option.