GreaseSpot Cafe

What has the word cost you?

frank123lol

of course it did, dear potato. you are so right and so smart and so wonderful -- and so will your kids be. f him and the harley he rode in on

i couldn't even open this post it made me so sick

love you -- so many prayers and kind thoughts for you -- you are amazing you sweet potato

thank you excie. you're a wonderful amazing person as well.

but really if I saw him on a harley I'd have to knock him off of it. it would be an insult to the harley to let him ride it. I really think he was dragged in behind a trash truck.

My Dad kept a cancelled cheque for it. A Harley with a sidecar. It was one of those "Love Offerings" The cheque is dated 21 Dec 1976 for $50.00.

"What has the word cost you?"

Isn't this really a euphemistic way of saying, "Your efforts to sell PFAL are currently substandard. Step it up"

Step it up. Fockers, were always trying to extract a little more from and a little less from them. Squeeze until the turnip has bled and toss it aside.

VPW was riding the harley my dad contributed towards by the early eighties, it was worked on extensively by Way Engineers (I assume they no longer exist).

Weirwille liked Harleys and the one being collected for would later be called the Twig-hopper, replete with a sidecar and a trailer. But it wasn't his first Harley He had one back in the days of the Way East and the Way West as this Time Magazine Article from Monday, Sep. 06, 1971 records

Religion: Fellow Travelling With Jesus

Freom what I heard, weirwille said at one toime that he wouldn't take the "gifts" I dunno - but he did cash the cheque and he did get a "more than Abundant" Harley out of the deal - all customized at ABS expense.

My Dad kept a cancelled cheque for it. A Harley with a sidecar. It was one of those "Love Offerings" The cheque is dated 21 Dec 1976 for $50.00.

Actually, I think that particular scooter (1976) was a fully restored, 1949 Indian Chief. He had lots of bikes. Kick azz classic cars, too. They were kept hidden away from the eyes of the ABS-ing general populace.

Edited by waysider

Way East and the Way West as this Time Magazine Article from Monday, Sep. 06, 1971 records

Thanks Gen-2. I bet he was real proud of himself. To me, the article makes him look like the crack-pot he was.

Actually, I think that particular scooter (1976) was a fully restored, 1949 Indian Chief. He had lots of bikes. Kick azz classic cars, too. They were kept hidden away from the eyes of the ABS-ing general populace.

I hate it when I hear about bastards who feed off of the flock!

The hidden away part rubbed my rhubarb!

I'm not sure how to take some of the comments regarding my post. As I said it was my first thought regarding the post topic. My second statment was meant to point out that if someone is asking you what the word costs you, they are looking at the wrong thing. This way of thinking is an indication of a ministry that is rapidly heading towards ruliing by law and guilt... which is exactly the direction TWI went.

Yes, I was a fortunate one. Becoming involved in the ministry saved my life in the 70's, (notice I didn't say the ministry saved it) I was gone after three years. And I'm very thankful for that or I might have ended up a bigger a**h*** than I am now. I can say, when I lost site of the word and made the ministry my god that it cost me my first marriage. But really that was the TWI, which I had let replace the word, it wasn't the word that cost me the marriage. I can also say that TWI encouraged and seduced me into replacing the word and God with their teachings and leadership. That cost me my walk with God for a very long, long time.

• Upvote 1

My second statment was meant to point out that if someone is asking you what the word costs you, they are looking at the wrong thing.

in that context your comment makes more sense. OldSkool pointed out earlier in the thread that the bible didn't cost anything. the general point here is that that catch phrase that vpw and lcm so freely used is Wayspeak. it's a statement designed to trigger guilt and extract more money and time from twi followers no matter what the personal price they end up paying. the fact that they asked the question at all proves they were looking at the wrong thing, you are very right about that. I think it also set up an atmosphere of competitiveness in the "household" to be more spiritual by giving more. most of us did it because we wanted to do the right thing, but some people did it for the appearance. my ex was one of those. he wanted to give the ultimate and go corps, he insisted on giving 15% minimum in ABS, but he couldn't live the most basic biblical principles at home.

the word, the real word, shouldn't have cost anything. when I said the word cost some of us a great deal and I'm still paying, a lot of people are still paying, and for some of us it cost everything, my context was the intent infused in the Wayspeak phrase "what has the word cost you?"

• Upvote 1

Well, the Bible never cost me anything. "The word" as taught by the way international cost me a budding music career, the prime of my life being spent on advancing an abusive cult's teachings, my place of residence that I truly loved at one point so I could move around in participation in their programs, many years of missing out on my family that I had forsaken to "move the word," my identity that I had whitewashed in casually nice clothing and cliches, and damn near my life. I spent a couple of years grinding through the law of believing in an effort to bring healing to my child. I nearly committed suicide on more than one occasion because I blamed myself for his illness and the mental, emotional state brought on by the denial inherent in the way international's twisted doctrines.

In all fairness, now I have left my life is getting constantly better. I have come to grips with the changed course, have a lovely wife, awesome child and we have a great life. God and the Lord are recompensing me what the way international's locusts have eaten. They can have what I gave and I have satisfaction in the hope that they have the greater damnation for using people to advance their doctrines, which is not another.

"Believing" as we were taught in TWI was pure and utter BS!! It took away God's power and replaced it with our own. It's rather ironic TWI mocked Mormons in their beliefs that they will become gods of their own worlds. TWI taught us to be our own sufficiency. It never really taught us to trust God.

(((((((OldSkool and Family))))))) I'm so sorry you had to deal with so much crap. I'm so glad to know you guys are experiencing a more peaceful and abundant life with people who support you.

Actually, I think that particular scooter (1976) was a fully restored, 1949 Indian Chief.

Really? I thought it was brand new. Custom-made for VP. VP and Mrs. were going to visit twigs together on it throughout the country, supposidely. That's what they said when they were raising the money.

That's right, they raised the money by requesting donation from the populace. Isn't that something? They couldn't pay for it themselves, they had a special collection for VP's retirement gift.

We had a thread a while back asking if anyone remembered VP visiting them or their twig on the "Twig Hopper". No one had.

Edited by erkjohn

(((((((OldSkool and Family))))))) I'm so sorry you had to deal with so much crap. I'm so glad to know you guys are experiencing a more peaceful and abundant life with people who support you.

Thanks!

Really? I thought it was brand new. Custom-made for VP. VP and Mrs. were going to visit twigs together on it throughout the country, supposidely. That's what they said when they were raising the money.

Different bikes-----he had lots of them.