GreaseSpot Cafe

Romans 13

OldSkool

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I was taught growing up in the church that this verse meant civil governments. Not blind obedience to evil tyrants but submission to civil authorities. I could give more scriptural background about why I believe this but it's irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Now, I am taken along by the way international and learn that this section of scriptures supposedly means that we are to be in total submission to the way international's leaders. They are the higher powers. Then the take the gift ministries in Ephesians and call them "ruling ministries?"

I really believe that this twisting of scripture is the cornerstone of spiritual abuse in the way international. In essence VeePee declared himself lord of the church and ordained taskmasters to keep things under his thumb. Craig perfected VeePee's megalomania. Now, Rozilla sits as Queen Bee just as long she is able to prop her decrepit self up on the scepter. She rules her subjects with an iron fist in a velvet glove.

No doubt, since nothing new comes out of the way international, this topic is as fresh as an old sock. But I posted it here this time around for fresh discussion since it is the latest layer in my recovery from the way international's twisted doctrines.

It's certainly not unique to The Way. One of the hallmark characteristics of any cult is that they want to control the way you live your life on a minute by minute basis.

Personally, I do not know of any other groups that use this verse in this fashion. Though, I assume has been used by others both present and past. Do you know of other groups that twist it this way?

On another note I have enough trouble controlling myself throughout the day. What kind of idiot wants to try and control others....just Saying... :smilie_kool_aid:

What a bunch of Pharisees. Look how they themselves cave in quickly when any kind of threat of civil authority comes asking questions, whether related to taxes or legal matters.

Bless-ed be their moneypile....

Bless-ed be their moneypile....

Yes! $54 million in assets with only $3 million in liabilities is what's it's all about. If I didn't know first hand how they refuse to pay people anything notable to alleviate the financial hardship of being a way international employee I would applaud them. That and the field leadership routinely are NOT reimbursed for out of pocket ministry expenses. Most leadership like to pull the "consider it abundant sharing" line when asked for reimbursement.

I agree.. For a very short time I thought they understood this, until I looked at it further, only to realize they were full of &^%&^ when it came to their interpretation.. The Greek does not agree with them none the least. If it weren't for the English translation in a few translations (RSV,KJV), they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.