GreaseSpot Cafe

The Precious Gift of Freedom

skyrider

In a galaxy far, far way.....I thought that I'd found "spiritual freedom" after taking twi's Power for Abundant Living class. Yet, as the months followed, this "freedom" could be equated with an ankle bracelot monitoring my whereabouts.

Sure, as long as I stayed in home-detention [The Way household], no problem. I could go to the frig anytime I wanted, or watch tv, or the internet (oh, not so much) and attend home fellowships 3X a week.....my freedom seemed unhindered. But is THAT true freedom? No, not by any stretch of one's imagination.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. [iI Cor 3:17]

Today, more than ever....I have a deeper appreciation of freedom and all it encompasses. Whether it be financial freedom, freedom from spiritual abuse, freedom from bondage or cults, national freedom......oh, life is grand. I need to get me a harley davidson and get out on the highway.

Welcome to the newbies who continue to enter Greasespot Cafe's doors......

:wave:

Vacation time is just around the corner......... :biglaugh:

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.” ~ Ronald Reagan, from his first inaugural speech as governor of California, January 5, 1967.

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

In a galaxy far, far way.....I thought that I'd found "spiritual freedom" after taking twi's Power for Abundant Living class. Yet, as the months followed, this "freedom" could be equated with an ankle bracelot monitoring my whereabouts.

Sure, as long as I stayed in home-detention [The Way household], no problem. I could go to the frig anytime I wanted, or watch tv, or the internet (oh, not so much) and attend home fellowships 3X a week.....my freedom seemed unhindered. But is THAT true freedom? No, not by any stretch of one's imagination.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. [iI Cor 3:17]

Today, more than ever....I have a deeper appreciation of freedom and all it encompasses. Whether it be financial freedom, freedom from spiritual abuse, freedom from bondage or cults, national freedom......oh, life is grand. I need to get me a harley davidson and get out on the highway.

Welcome to the newbies who continue to enter Greasespot Cafe's doors......

:wave:

Vacation time is just around the corner......... :biglaugh:

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.” ~ Ronald Reagan, from his first inaugural speech as governor of California, January 5, 1967.

Absolutely! Welcome to any and all, regardless of thoughts/ doubts/ questions/ admonitions for GSC that you may have.

You don't get answers, if you don't ask questions. If you were "in" for 10/ 20/ 30 however many years - - -

you have that much CRAP that you need to unload, and that might take some time, eh? :)

There's not much that can be said here, that hasn't been said before. There's freedom here to speak your mind about twi.

You're welcome to be angry/ hurt/ wondering what-the-hell-happened-to-my-life/ why-didn't-I-see-this-twi-"sucker-punch" for what it was.

Join the crowd. We (and i include myself) were all there at one time ourselves.

"Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose". spy.gif

Absolutely! Welcome to any and all, regardless of thoughts/ doubts/ questions/ admonitions for GSC that you may have.

You don't get answers, if you don't ask questions. If you were "in" for 10/ 20/ 30 however many years - - -

you have that much CRAP that you need to unload, and that might take some time, eh? :)

There's not much that can be said here, that hasn't been said before. There's freedom here to speak your mind about twi.

You're welcome to be angry/ hurt/ wondering what-the-hell-happened-to-my-life/ why-didn't-I-see-this-twi-"sucker-punch" for what it was.

Join the crowd. We (and i include myself) were all there at one time ourselves.

"Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose". spy.gif

FREEDOM..........full speed ahead.

Speak up, post away........ask those questions that twi wouldn't answer. :biglaugh:

When I take my vacation this summer......no working for two weeks at corps week/roa in Ohio during my VACATION TIME. No sirreeeee. No stinking, money-grabbing cult is going to see me 'volunteering my life' so they can live on OUR $54 million of blood, sweat and tears.

Freedom - freedom to think your own thoughts, freedom to study what you would like from OTHER books than just TWI approved materials (or not study at all!), freedom to define yourself, freedom to express yourself, freedom from trying to convert everyone, freedom to live without having a "coordinator"...

freedom to ENJOY your life - I mean REALLY enjoy your life.

I thought I was happy in twi. I wasn't. I just told myself that to keep myself in bondage.

Oh, so true. True freedom is in Christ Jesus. John 8:36 says that the son makes you free indeed. It isn't The Way that makes you free, it's the son. My contention is that The Way cannot give freedom to a person or even teach it to them because The Way does not know who Jesus Christ is today or how he functions today. All The Way can do is get a person born again and then bring them into their "flock" of bondage. The Way has set their own ministry up in the place of Jesus Christ, and this will only bring bondage to a person, not freedom. If you want freedom, get to know Jesus Christ. That doesn't take The Way. I think The Way is even more anti-Christ than some of the things they taught were anti-Christ.

Enjoy your freedom, recent leave takers!

Relish it! You can make a non schedule, read anything you like!

I remember going to a school open house on a former fellowship night soon after we left TWI. In the past years we'd had ugly reproof about school activities interfearing with the Word. My husband mentiond how he didn't feel guilty at all. We were so lighthearted!

When we left I'd been in 20 years and hubby for 27 years. I doubt we'll ever be 'normal' like people who never where involved...but we have insights in certain situation 'normal' people may never have.

Enjoy your freedom, recent leave takers!

I wonder if the slow economy is exposing the psycho-babble of "the law of believing" in The Way International? Just seems like another small exodus in the making......?

With 112 pages in this forum About the Way.....Everything You Always Wanted To Know about The Way International (and Sex) But Were Afraid To Ask.

:)

I wonder if the slow economy is exposing the psycho-babble of "the law of believing" in The Way International? Just seems like another small exodus in the making......?

With 112 pages in this forum About the Way.....Everything You Always Wanted To Know about The Way International (and Sex) But Were Afraid To Ask.

:)

I'm sure they are spinning it as "our believing and teaching on debt is what has kept the entire nation from complete collapse! If you had heeded the warning we gave years prior to the recession to GET OUT OF DEBT, you wouldn't be in over your head on your house right now... etc etc."

I'm sure they are spinning it as "our believing and teaching on debt is what has kept the entire nation from complete collapse! If you had heeded the warning we gave years prior to the recession to GET OUT OF DEBT, you wouldn't be in over your head on your house right now... etc etc."

That sounds about right. I wonder how many of them have had to vacate from properties that were foreclosed while they were renting them. Bet they never talk about that sort of thing though.

Freedom - freedom to think your own thoughts, freedom to study what you would like from OTHER books than just TWI approved materials (or not study at all!), freedom to define yourself, freedom to express yourself, freedom from trying to convert everyone, freedom to live without having a "coordinator"...

freedom to ENJOY your life - I mean REALLY enjoy your life.

I thought I was happy in twi. I wasn't. I just told myself that to keep myself in bondage.

Gosh! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: