GreaseSpot Cafe

I am having some opportunities

tonyzamboni

A misnomer is something that is misnamed. (definition)

For example: the moon isn't really a moon. When you compare moon-planet ratios it comes out too large. This is actually a biplanetary system: Terra-Luna. However, we still refer to it as the moon.

SoCrates

:offtopic: You know, this keeps getting more and more complicated. First Pluto is no longer a planet, now the moon is a planet, or is it a dwarf planet?

And another thing, was does Mickey Mouses' dog, Pluto, not have any clothes and Goofy does? Arent they both dogs? How come Goofy can talk and Pluto can't. This has been bothering me since the age of six.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic: You know, this keeps getting more and more complicated. First Pluto is no longer a planet, now the moon is a planet, or is it a dwarf planet?

And another thing, was does Mickey Mouses' dog, Pluto, not have any clothes and Goofy does? Arent they both dogs? How come Goofy can talk and Pluto can't. This has been bothering me since the age of six.

I don't know, BA. I've always wondered about Wile E. Coyote. I mean, why a road runner? And then why that particular road runner?

Also, if he has money for all those inventions that don't work, why doesn't he just go into a restaurant and buy something to eat?

I'm here all week, folks. Enjoy the buffet.

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

You missed payout of lawyers for pending lawsuits and payouts on settled lawsuits.

You know, I was gonna say that, Socrates, but you beat me to it.

I reckon there'd have to be a significant % set aside for that.

But anyway, since they had an opportunity with the Allen and Parker lawsuits - why didn't they just believe God to make these opportunities away?

(Or maybe they thought the Allen out of court settlement actually had made it go away?)

And why doesn't the faithful remnant still hangin' in there - believe for the opportunity to make Rosie go away?

perhaps any further development of the character Pluto was held in abeyance. 1 and 2

~~

footnotes

1. this is an editorial alert for all you way-jargon buffs out there- the Professionally Foppish Ambiguity Language phrase that appears in the above sentence is not written to you - nor is it for your learning - it's merely for your mild amusement....

2. unless you are a former member of a specific Mickey Mouse organization PLEASE do NOT use such jargon as listed on this thread when conversing with humans outside of the Grease Spot Household - Grease Spot Cafe will not be responsible for any miss-communications, misunderstandings, miss universes or Mississippis, that may come as a result of you "holding it forth." this footnote is from my heart of hearts since i have been cognizant of the truth behind the facts behind the jargon for more than a coon's age.....well, at least in this day and time and hour.....gun blast, i love you, i am the beast.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony, I was ditching my personal books before they ever started Burn the Hairy Uncle Chaff Day, or whatever it was called. A month after first taking PFAL in 1974, I went to my bookcase and grabbed my high school yearbooks and walked outside and threw them into a dumpster because -- wait for it -- they didn't contain The Word.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the public library death, I shall fear no book evil, for Thou art with me.