GreaseSpot Cafe

New Year Horizons

skyrider

The new year is about to break the horizon......and again, I'm SO THANKFUL that its not another year

of trudging along in the cult mentality of wierwilleworld. No more "dependency living" on spoon-fed

doctrine and costume-cliches. No more "home shelter" or commune-conformity to cramp individualism.

No more hitch-hiking. No more bare-bones living.

Twi thrives on conditioning their followers toward a dependency lifestyle......spiritually, mentally,

emotionally, financially. What horizons await them in this upcoming year? More of the same old, same

old teachings? More meetings and following their leaders? Stuck on rewind and never moving forward?

It's sad, really, to see people ensnared in this trap.

Last night, our family enjoyed a delightful evening with another ex-twier family.....and, when together,

its revealing to reflect on years gone by. Of course, the memories of those twi-daze bring lots of laughs

and head-shaking that we actually were that gullible. All of our grown children are "caught in the middle"

knowing that without twi, we wouldn't have connected and married our spouses. And, to them......the rock

of ages is about the only memory that remains of corporate twi.

I understand how challenging it is to rebuild after twi. Years and years of rebuilding......after staying

in twi's holding pattern and burning fuel. The waste of time and money and opportunity!

All who come here to GreaseSpot......Happy New Year......in every sense of that phrase.

Happy choices. New opportunities. Another year of fruitful adventures.

May your wine glass always be full.

• Upvote 1

I'm expecting a wonderful new year! In January I'll be starting my second semester in seminary, and no, it's not a "cemetary." It pains me when I remember all of Wierwille's old slurs on genuine theological study. The crescendo of the first semester was in the Constructive Theology class when the doctor (a REAL one this time) explained that the meaning of Creation is discovered, rather than invented, and that the purpose of ALL Creation is to praise God. When you put those things together, you realize that the purpose of life is to discover ways to praise God! What fun!

I expect to discover many more ways to praise God during the coming year(s), and am so blessed not to be "re-searching" the stale, rancid crap that Raf and others disproved long ago!

Happy New Year!

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

I shall be getting more and more involved in the church plant that I've volunteered to attend/work at. The new church is in a deprived area, and I hope to see people blossom and move into positively fruitful lives, being released from the misery of poverty and addiction.

I shall be more involved in another Christian organisation (Street Pastors) which goes out on Friday and Saturday nights 10pm-3am in my city, reaching out to anyone in need - for whatever reason.

And I shall be preparing for another half marathon (in early March) as a fundraiser for a charity to help the real "dregs of society" - not just a charity run by Christians, but one which provides support for the people to reintegrate into society and also gives them the opportunity to explore Christianity in a non-threatening way.

Oh, and at the end of Jan I'm away on hols overseas. First long hol in over 4 years.

Somewhere in all of that I'll be plugging away at my new business, taking care of people's physical needs (gardening, housecleaning, companionship...) and generally doing whatever God sends my way.

It's a wonderful life. Every minute is exciting. :eusa_clap::dance:

On Sunday, I met Another Dan (facebook friend Dan Haas) face to face for the first time. We've chatted many times online. It was a joy to get to see each other's face. I also met a few more former followers of twi (and former way corps). We shared a few war stories and the joys of grandchildren. For me, 2011 has been a fruitful year, bountiful and greatly enjoyed. I established a brand and a widely read blog with the vision to grow to have a wider reach with an expanded team effort in 2012 and beyond.

I'm excited for the path I see in front of me. Those who want to pop in from time to time to check on my progress can find me at "Arizona Eagletarian"