GreaseSpot Cafe

Layered In Bureaucracy

skyrider

Why are they at polar extremes? Is it that the 1994 and beyond followers naively THINK that the old farm days were somehow better?

Well......probably not the hyperbole of "polar extremes" but vastly different. And, really....I don't presume to know

how wide swaths of followers might think, so I'll take a stab at some broad strokes to categorize differences.

1972 Wierwille Farm

1) Elen@ Whites!de's snapshot of living at hq....and the wierwille-farm version.

2) Small staff....everyone is friendly and loving

3) BRC......the "center of activity" of teachings & meals in basement

4) The wierwille farm.....roa near the jordan river

5) The kipp farm....Ira He@rne, GJess, and others

6) Hungry?....just go fix you a late night snack in the brc basement

7) Less rules and mandates....people just living, learning and growing

8) Not a bunch of babies and children everywhere

1982 Corporate Muscles Being Flexed

1) Wierwille handing the mantle of leadership to Martindale

2) Staff numbers growing to near 475......240 corps staff or so?

3) Long-time non-corps staff are being replaced by corps grads

4) OSC is the new "center of activity" for teachings and meals

5) Major hub of workload.....Outreach Services Center building

6) Monthly staff meetings....who are the new people?

7) Ambassador One plane / New Horizons & other singing groups

8) Living Victoriously and ROA are major planning events

9) Five corps campuses......2,800 active corps grads?

10) Military Outreach/Medical Outreach/WOW-Vet Outreach.....newsletters, etc.

1994 Martindale On a Terror

1) Martindale is asserting power after "Fog Years"

2) Homo Purge / Non-Productive Purge / Debt Purge......suspicious/confrontations

3) Sunday Teachings are laced with rants.....stay sanctified/stay salted

4) Splinter Groups are all cop-outs with possessed leadership

5) Wierwille material is Old Wineskins.....shelve it and move on!

6) The 2nd President (lcm) is here to ESTABLISH your walk with God

7) The Present Truth.....soon, The Promised Land is peeking the horizon

8) The new and better way.....The Way of Abundance and Power series (1996-98)

9) Faxes were sent to Limbs all hours of the night!! Legalism/Report Back

10) 1995 -- all corps full-time was the revelation given to martindale

2012 The Way International Today

1) Where is Rosalie taking twi now?

2) Will others be coming to this forum to speak out?

Again.....these categories are simply broad strokes of the changes over the years. Others might focus on totally different patterns from "the farm" to corporate status. I, in no way, am trying to compare twi are a major player in corporate usa.....just attempting to show how the perceptions and messaging changed in 10-15 years.

On this particular thread, "Layered in Bureaucracy".....it seems kinda necessary to point out these changes.

Edited by skyrider

"just attempting to show how the perceptions and messaging changed in 10-15 years."

And change they did.....in leaps and bounds.

It was still a scam, though, even though we knew some pretty cool people and had a swell time singing Kumbayah around the campfire.

Is it that the 1994 and beyond followers naively THINK that the old farm days were somehow better?

penworks.....I decided to come back to this from another perspective.

Like alot of things in life, change has its trade-offs. Some things better.....some things not.

Twi always sold their classes as......more knowledge, more power, more impact.

Martindale sold his presidency as.....establishing believers, present truth, prevailing power.

By 1995/96......martindale decreed that you can't put "wierwille's old wine" into new wineskins.

As far as I know, few of us ever took the time to look back at the old farm days.....too busy "moving forward."

HERE IS THE REAL KICKER..........How did Rosalie convince twi followers to REVERT BACK to wierwille's material after martindale savaged through it? From what I've learned and heard.....with cunning craftiness, she subtely walked back the martindale presidency ever so slowly. Using vanity as a lasso, she allowed many corps to teach the sunday teachings....giving them recognition before submission. And, field corps were given the "spiritual responsibility" to teach martindale's WAP class live to the new students.....thus, distancing martindale from the ministry radar. Incrementally raising the heat......the frog is boiled alive without realizing it.

So, to answer your question......no, I don't think that twi-lifers think that "the farm days" were better. Everything in twi depends on forward motion.....teach twi material, run classes, collect abs, more students, upcoming events, repeat.

HERE IS THE REAL KICKER..........How did Rosalie convince twi followers to REVERT BACK to wierwille's material after martindale savaged through it? From what I've learned and heard.....with cunning craftiness, she subtely walked back the martindale presidency ever so slowly. Using vanity as a lasso, she allowed many corps to teach the sunday teachings....giving them recognition before submission. And, field corps were given the "spiritual responsibility" to teach martindale's WAP class live to the new students.....thus, distancing martindale from the ministry radar. Incrementally raising the heat......the frog is boiled alive without realizing it.

Yep! Martindale became a ready-made villain, patsy, scape goat kinda guy. Rosalie has cleaned up Wierwille's image using his former public persona as the buy in point. A lot of the old timers are happy to jump on the bandwagon because their nostalgia for the good old days gives Rosalie easy sway. New people (and few there are) are fed the whitewashed image of Wierwille and given the usual sales pitches.

Really, unlike Martindale, Wierwille's deceptions have never been publicly acknowledged by HQ. They are hidden behind the veil of confidentiality that still exists at HQ and accounted as attacks by the adversary, rumor, etc. With headquarters having no choice but to deal with Martindale's affairs being exposed, resurrecting Wierwille's image was about all they could do. Of course there are the remaining followers who know what type of man Wierwille really was and what else can be said of them? They have allowed themselves to become jaded, excusing a serial sexual predator, plagiarist because insert reason here" :smilie_kool_aid:

She has presented Wierwille as a great man of God who has left us an abundant store house of truth that we are to steward, all the while heralding forth the greatness of da verd! <_<

........Is it that the 1994 and beyond followers naively THINK that the old farm days were somehow better?

Couldn't it be a bit of both? Most of us have a tendency to romanticize our youth even under the best of circumstances. I bet if we toured the houses we grew up in they would seem much smaller than in our memories, but we remember them from the vantage point of being little. Couldn't it be that people remember a time when they were young, excited, and full of love and hope? It doesn't change the fact that it was a nasty cult then too, but some people have their entire lives wrapped up in TWI. I understand why some people think it was better, in many ways it probably was, youth, health, beauty, freedom from responsibility and the promise of a future......

Is there a limit to how many "Thuds" of reality one person can handle? When I think of the things I squandered for TWI, including my youth and opportunities....I come very close.

Edited by geisha779

Couldn't it be a bit of both?

Yes, that's what I meant about trade-offs.....some things better, some things not.

In our youth, we were absorbed in friends, excitement, no responsibilities, laughs, fun, good times, good health and

indestructable attitudes. Some abandoned college education and/or careers and lived in the moment. Many used twi's

teachings to mean....."do as you fool please, and God will give you cookies daily." What's not to romanticize?

In later years, I realized how twisted and manipulative the whole outfit was behind the scenes. The corps program was

coerced indoctrination under the guise of "leadership training." And hq, with each passing year was regulated to the

point where some departments had you sign out to go to the bathroom. Some departments had backstabbers and those who

wanted to sabotage your efforts. By 1982....that "living in love" slogan was totally laughable.

Looking back, having spent 24 years involved in the organization......and then, wife and kids in tow, left daunting

challenges ahead. Overnight, twi labeled us mark/avoid because we stood against martindale's sex-romps and ilk. We

knew too much and were a liability. So, twi did EVERYTHING in their power to strip us with character assassinations,

our network of friends, and spreading lies in areas where we'd served the past 15 years before.

What does it say about a "church".....when, after leaving, it takes you 15 years to REBUILD YOUR LIFE?

Edited by skyrider