GreaseSpot Cafe

H1C is 5.5 this time

Ham

They removed Glucophage from my prescription list..

well, for the third year I weigh in at about 203 pounds. maybe that is my natural weight.. it is barely a *tad* above what a 6'0 in the morning person in height should weigh.. but the cumulative blood sugar measurement is better than somebody who is perfectly healthy..

I weighed about 250 when I went in with blood sugar problems. It's amazing how much difference 45 pounds makes..

Where do we go from here.. I dunno.

Aerobic exercise. Minus the drug. not to mention.. enough garlic, cinnamon, vitamin A and D.. Chromium.. plus.. EXERCISE. I think the last thing on the list has done to most..

even a stinking twenty minute walk through Michigan snow and ice in a day.

:biglaugh:

They removed Glucophage from my prescription list..

well, for the third year I weigh in at about 203 pounds. maybe that is my natural weight.. it is barely a *tad* above what a 6'0 in the morning person in height should weigh.. but the cumulative blood sugar measurement is better than somebody who is perfectly healthy..

I weighed about 250 when I went in with blood sugar problems. It's amazing how much difference 45 pounds makes..

Where do we go from here.. I dunno.

Aerobic exercise. Minus the drug. not to mention.. enough garlic, cinnamon, vitamin A and D.. Chromium.. plus.. EXERCISE. I think the last thing on the list has done to most..

even a stinking twenty minute walk through Michigan snow and ice in a day.

In the comfort of your own home... well, at least not having to go out in the snow and ice...

I bought one of these, got it set up on Sunday, using it every day so far. Clearly getting a workout. 30 minutes today and heart rate and respiration in good exercise range for extended aerobic workout.

VERY comfortable to ride. Easy to assemble (with two people).

Gold's Gym Power 390 recumbent exercise bike.

I understand diabetes very well; it is in my family. Diet is EVERYTHING to control blood sugar; exercise is secondary, but definitely part of the equation. Try more of a South Beach diet or Paleo diet. And...regular coffee spikes an insulin response/resistance as well, so swith to decafe if you are a coffee drinker.

that is the weird thing. there are two things that I consume in relative abundance. One is coffee.. the other is dry, red wine..

I've done (not so gruesome) experiments with myself. Check the sugar level, drink some red wine. Check it again in about an hour.. more red wine. Check it again.. then, check it again in the early hours of the morning.. and mid morning. Nothing.. nada. Actually.. the sugar levels seem to go more towards normal with consumption of red wine, more so than without..

as far a food..

Sometimes like a lot of people I have a real *need* to just plain eat, a lot.

So I choose at those times to fill myself, not with bread, pizza.. etc.. but cucumbers, salad. Easy on the carrots..

Life is strange..

really weird. This week, I had my first flu shot. Horrors.. heh

I figured it out.. when I was a youngster, I got into a massive amount of poison ivy. They must have given me over a hundred shots of cortisone, overall, to pull me through it. Maybe I'm exaggerating. But after so many shots, they had to catch me to give them to me.

But with the flu shot this time.. I covered my nose, and there was no fear reaction.

It was the smell of isopropyl alcohol that eventually triggered the fear reaction.

well, there were benefits from fear I guess.. I would NEVER be a heroin addict..

A very large section of the brain is given over to processing the sense of smell. Also. of all the distinctions we are able to count as tastes....the majority of the differentiation is the odor or smell of the food together with the taste.

To soothe those undergoing MRI scans (especially children) they have found that the scent of vanilla is unparallelled. It reminds us all of simple cookies baking in the oven.